New Centre Half (1 Viewer)

stupot07

It's not that ironic - we've kept just 6 cleansheets in 34 league games.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's not that ironic - we've kept just 6 cleansheets in 34 league games.

... But we hadn't conceded under LC, and had to be when Edj played, by now means am I blaming him, although he was out of position for their goal, because 3/4 of the defenders were shit, the 1 good performer being Christie, that said, Cameron was better than Edj and 'Dicko', which says a lot about them.

Nonleagueherewecome

In that picture.....Could it be argued that the right side are sat far too deep, allowing the Crewe players to sit in that hole!?? ;-)

Cameron is shocking. Full stop. Whole thread on Crewe messageboards after Weds about how bad he was/is. Excelled at conf North level.... but having experienced that level i'd say he has even gone backwards from there.

He must have something, his partnership with Turner was part of the bedrock of the side under Boothroyd when we were doing well. Surely any player who hasn't played first team football for that length of time is going to be rusty? And he is very young still.

CCFC fans are far too bloody keen to criticise, both on here and at the games. What happened to wanting players to do well, to backing them and encouraging them?

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we may have released the wrong player when we had Cameron and Grandison on the books together! Grandison tore us apart at Shrewsbury away game and then at CB at the Ricoh.

Grandson was poor at the time he was with us, the 3-1 loss v Reading at home when he played CB still haunts me! In fairness to the lad though, he's reinvented himself at L2 and got promoted and is a key player at Shrews in L1, kudos.

stupot07

Grandson was poor at the time he was with us, the 3-1 loss v Reading at home when he played CB still haunts me! In fairness to the lad though, he's reinvented himself at L2 and got promoted and is a key player at Shrews in L1, kudos.

The back four that day was

Clarke age 17
Grandison aged 18
Turner aged 21
Van aanholt aged 19

And you wonder why he had a mare

Mucca Mad Boys

The back four that day was

Clarke age 17
Grandison aged 18
Turner aged 21
Van aanholt aged 19

And you wonder why he had a mare

Your point being what? He played terrible whereas the others were head and shoulders above him, despite not having a great game themselves, if my memory serves me right.

stupot07

Your point being what? He played terrible whereas the others were head and shoulders above him, despite not having a great game themselves, if my memory serves me right.

My point being that it was a very young and inexperienced back four and you can forgive a youngster having a mare in this conditions. He was playing because we were desperate not because he had forced himself in the side with exceptional performances.

Mucca Mad Boys

My point being that it was a very young and inexperienced back four and you can forgive a youngster having a mare in this conditions. He was playing because we were desperate not because he had forced himself in the side with exceptional performances.

That weren't the only game he's been bad in, there's others, like Morecambe in the League Cup under Hoofroyd.

stupot07

I know, but I'm saying Grandison didn't appear like he could hack it at the time he was allowed to o to Shrews, especially as Cameron was playing well with Turner.

He was only 18 FFS.

You're also forgetting that Boothroyd played a very defensive game with a deep back four with both clingan and carsley sitting deep protecting them

Brighton Sky Blue

I know, but I'm saying Grandison didn't appear like he could hack it at the time he was allowed to o to Shrews, especially as Cameron was playing well with Turner.

Very few players will look the finished article at 18-it's more a case of who has the most potential to step up and establish themselves in the first team. At that time, whoever made the decision did so on the premise that he wouldn't be able to make it at Championship level; and he still hasn't. The quality of forward play in this league is exceptionally poor so a giant centre half like Grandison wouldn't have many problems.

stupot07

Very few players will look the finished article at 18-it's more a case of who has the most potential to step up and establish themselves in the first team. At that time, whoever made the decision did so on the premise that he wouldn't be able to make it at Championship level; and he still hasn't. The quality of forward play in this league is exceptionally poor so a giant centre half like Grandison wouldn't have many problems.

The problem is none of Cameron, christie or Clarke haven't looked particularly accomplished in this league either...

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

He was only 18 FFS.

You're also forgetting that Boothroyd played a very defensive game with a deep back four with both clingan and carsley sitting deep protecting them

So was Cameron, he coped alright, at that point, Cameron looked a far better defender, I remember seeing the team sheet v Pompey 1st game of the season in AB's premiership, and I was thinking WTF, Cameron and Turner CBs!? We're going to lose, they formed a solid partnership and Cameron was fantastic that day and that last ditch tackle in the last min was amazing, and Turner was unbelievable that season and that's why Cardiff signed him, such a shame he got injured!

Grendel

Cannot fault SISU at all on backing managers with players this season.

However they are still the reason we are not in the top six.

Yep. Should have told the lazy useless oaf to find his own way home from Southampton. Bit cruel though he'd probably still be shuffling around looking for the train station.

Grendel

shepardo01

How have their performance levels, if anything, dropped since dropping down a level?

Players can raise their game on occasions but will get found out over longer periods of time. This coupled with being played with better players can hide players weaknesses.
Opposition teams/scouts reporting on teams soon cotton on. Also play two or three weaker players in the same side and this will highlight flaws in ability even more.
When you questioned why people don't want players to do well, my answer would be that I want the team to do well, and am therefore disappointed when obvious weak links are overlooked or even coupled together and they continue to affect the team.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was only 18 FFS.

Don't worry sky blue taylor has already written Wilson off after two sub appearance, just leave it

Mucca Mad Boys

Don't worry sky blue taylor has already written Wilson off after two sub appearance, just leave it

... And a poor record on loan at Kettering.

If I were making the decision, I wouldn't have got rid of Grandison, I would've sent him out on loan, but at the time, Cameron was better than Grandison and I'm afraid that was true, Grandison may be better now, but back then Cameron was by-far a better CB, also, lets not forget that we were in the Championship at the time, Grandison me be able to play at that standard one day, but he is at a Shrewsbury team that is 17th in L1, hasn't really bettered himself yet.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

So anyway, Aaron Martin...

stupot07

If I were making the decision, I wouldn't have got rid of Grandison, I would've sent him out on loan, but at the time, Cameron was better than Grandison and I'm afraid that was true, Grandison may be better now, but back then Cameron was by-far a better CB, also, lets not forget that we were in the Championship at the time, Grandison me be able to play at that standard one day, but he is at a Shrewsbury team that is 17th in L1, hasn't really bettered himself yet.

No he wasn't, Cameron was nowhere near the first team squad when grandison left. It was Coleman that got rid of grandison and apart from 1 sub appearance in the carling cup Cameron didn't get a look in until Boothryod was manager. In fact while grandison was playing league football Cameron was on loan at Nuneaton playing 2 or 3 levels below conference standard.

Grendel

He went on loan to Tranmere (8 games) and Shrewsbury (13 games)

Mucca Mad Boys

He went on loan to Tranmere (8 games) and Shrewsbury (13 games)

Yeah? Didn't know that, I would've still kept him and loaned him out, we didn't he's no longer our player and isn't exactly Ian Evatt skill level, so I'm not that bothered he's gone.

patred

you will remember Aaron Martins name..promise you

a good player..old head on young shoulders..just send him back as you find him please xxx your friendly saints fan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread