new kit details (2 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Like too light? I liked how City Link practically agreed for their sponsor logo to be all but invisible for that one too.

torchomatic

Yes, it was really light, almost like minty blue, if there is such a colour. A bit greeny, if you know what I mean.

Like too light? I liked how City Link practically agreed for their sponsor logo to be all but invisible for that one too.

ajsccfc

My least favourite, at least of the ones I owned:

13166-zoom.jpg

A shiny monstrosity with webbing as a bonus, I swear if you walked near an open flame wearing it you were in danger of being engulfed.

Just a little moan but it's little things like this that the club miss out on. If new kit was in unveiled Friday and released for sale Saturday there could be big initial sales

Absolutely. It's quite simple really isn't it? But not quite simple enough for Sisu and their marketing people.

Ashdown

Post the picture again, can't see it.

I liked the early 70's plain sky blue and the late seventies "tramline", which is my all-time fave. Kits have been rubbish for years.

Totally with you on that, I'd give anything to see us play in that 'Tramline' kit again. Any chance though that we might favour it particularly because we were happy go lucky kids when watching the City wear that ??

torchomatic

Yeah, could be. I had been going since '72 but my first regular home/away season was 1978, Wallace, Ferguson, etc. So, that probably does have a lot to do with it.

I had that kit and I can still remember it as if it was yesterday.

Totally with you on that, I'd give anything to see us play in that 'Tramline' kit again. Any chance though that we might favour it particularly because we were happy go lucky kids when watching the City wear that ??

torchomatic

Some of the 90's/early 00's were OK, but the problem was they were just too baggy, they looked ridiculous.

My least favourite, at least of the ones I owned:

13166-zoom.jpg

A shiny monstrosity with webbing as a bonus, I swear if you walked near an open flame wearing it you were in danger of being engulfed.

ajsccfc

That's very true. If you look at any Merlin sticker album from the 90s, you'd think the players have had some kind of voodoo headshrinking curse put on them.

EDIT: I hope this one's actually Photoshopped:

southampton-carlton-palmer-424-merlin-premier-league-98-football-sticker-58111-p.jpg

It wont be blue and white as the white will clash with our away kit. It will be a simply sky blue designs with dark blue lining around the sides. They arent gonna break the bank

skybluepm2

I'm the opposite. I hate stripes of any description. Sky Blue shirt, Sky Blue shorts, Sky Blue socks, please.

Or...how about a throwback to the mid 90's kits...Dark blue and sky blue stripes?! One sponsored by Peugeot and I believe the other was Subaru. We haven't gone back to that design since then I don't think.

torchomatic

ashbyjan

Asked Waggott about new kit at SCG last night and explained that delay was because they are changing kit manufacturers and the contract has not been finalized. Hoping this will be done next week or so when can release details etc. Wouldn't say anything about colours etc. Seems like another missed opportunity to get more of that much talked about non match day revenue in - I used to like it when last home game was played in new kit. This did used to happen didn't it - I am not hallucinating!!!!

ericagradus

Asked Waggott about new kit at SCG last night and explained that delay was because they are changing kit manufacturers and the contract has not been finalized. Hoping this will be done next week or so when can release details etc. Wouldn't say anything about colours etc. Seems like another missed opportunity to get more of that much talked about non match day revenue in - I used to like it when last home game was played in new kit. This did used to happen didn't it - I am not hallucinating!!!!

So we are no longer getting Puma kits? Any idea who our kit suppliers are?

ajsccfc

If it's manufacturer it could still be Puma branding theoretically, as they almost outsource to companies.

italiahorse

Shirt purchase is difficult for me.
The shirts are cheap tat as we know when compared to previous shirts.
Now if I thought the money was going towards the team and not propping up Sisu initiatives I would buy one home and away.
So Sisu that's the dilemma. Show me some positive use of money by stopping the JR and stadium frivolities and I will make a purchase.

Similarly I would like to know what proportion of any food and drink purchases at the Ricoh go to the club.

KersleyDigs

I think the first team will probably just wear bibs next season after the budget cuts. Or just the players will be told to bring a Sky blue top on a Saturday

Now if I thought the money was going towards the team and not propping up Sisu initiatives I would buy one home and away.
So Sisu that's the dilemma. Show me some positive use of money by stopping the JR and stadium frivolities and I will make a purchase.

Similarly I would like to know what proportion of any food and drink purchases at the Ricoh go to the club.

Agreed.

skybluelee

TBF both home and away are a bit like your nan's old brushed nylon nightie

On the stripes front they're not so bad But I differ with Otis as I think The Late nineties strip with broad dark stripes was the best ever IMO

I liked the 97/98 one as well, a slightly more refined and improved version from the previous year, with the added bonus of it being worn by Dion and Huckerby as they tore PL defences to shreds. Don't mind sky and navy blues stripes, just despise sky blue and white.

skybluelee

We wore the 00/01 during Oggy's last game in 99/00, beat Sheff Weds 4-1. I can't remember any other times off the top of my head?

torchomatic

I just get home/away for my son. I don't buy them for myself.

Cheap tat compared to previous shirts. Really? SISU don't manufacturer them themselves you know.

Anyway this WAS a thread about football shirts, but I don't suppose you could resist.

Nick

Administrator

What so you know whether to stop spending or not? ;)

I doubt I'd buy the shirt as I don't wear footy shirts as I dont like the fabric, will buy my daughter one though.

Otis

I just get home/away for my son. I don't buy them for myself.

Cheap tat compared to previous shirts. Really? SISU don't manufacturer them themselves you know.

Anyway this WAS a thread about football shirts, but I don't suppose you could resist.

Oh, don't shatter my illusion of Tim Fisher with a needle and thread, beavering away by candlelight, trying to get all the shirts into the shop on time.

torchomatic

No doubt using poor Coventry orphans as slave labour.

Oh, don't shatter my illusion of Tim Fisher with a needle and thread, beavering away by candlelight, trying to get all the shirts into the shop on time.

skybluelee

In fairnness this season's away kit is of shocking material quality compared to any other shirt we've had. Presumably the club requested the lower grade material because it was the cheaper option??

Grendel

No doubt using poor Coventry orphans as slave labour.

Very true. Though if the same people are making wasps shirts no doubt they will be praised for providing therapy and skills to the youth of the city they are now firmly a part of.

ajsccfc

The white kit is a bit see-through, which is probably more to do with FUTURISTIC FOOTBALL TECHNOLOGY BLAH BLAH than cheapness. Kinky stuff though.

Users who are viewing this thread