New signings (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I think he's a better right back anyway. He's made a few mistakes this season that have led to goals.

higgs

And the club is served best by doing right by the player.

And that's before we even get into the attitude that'd have all players piss off and play for someone else if they're treated like pieces of meat.
I'd play Willis missus at centre back if it kept us up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Have to say, kind of worried where we're at if Beavon's seen as a decent solid signing. His scoring record ain't... brilliant.

Wonder if we'll play him on the wing just for the hell of it?

Ain't brilliant he is about as prolific as a Reda Johnson

I will continue to slag him off until he scores tomorrow

NorthernWisdom

I think he's a better right back anyway. He's made a few mistakes this season that have led to goals.
Personally I think we're selling Willis down the river if we play him right back. The same as we trashed the careers of Quinn, Edworthy (most right footed left back ever), Chippo (wide midfielder?!?), Clarke, Sordell (out wide).

And so on.
We have to do what is best for the team
I repeat, what's best for the team is playing players in their right positions.

Why did we sign Sordell to play him out wide? Why did we try and make Reid into a forward as part of a three? How have those decisions been best for the team?

All they do is wreck a player and mean they get released to nothing, rather than maybe, maybe just growing and developing with the club to improve the team.

Captain Dart

Just checked on Burton site and Reilly is 6ft 1 and midfileder/full back. Was at Blues from the age of 7 and joined Burton 2 seasons ago. Not played this season though.

Signed 2 6" 1" players and a ball holding striker. That's decent league one material for sure, its what's been missing, maybe the team won't get bullied now. :)

Evo1883

Willis has been brilliant for us this year , the problem is he's almost playing as a sweeper to cover for turnbull , the amount of work and covering he does is crazy , he will flourish in a good back line.
Like his old man said yesterday , he's not a right back .
Very good centre half IMO , reads the game really well

dongonzalos

Ok I found all this info out yesterday morning , the person who told me we would let sordell go to burton , we would sign Stuart beavon and Clarke and Reilly on loan , he got it all correct .
Now it seems perfectly reasonable to suggest this man knows his stuff and is a good source for transfer info , so based on what he says we are bringing in 4 more loan players this window , no more permanents, unless something changes in the meantime I believe that's the plan.

I would also like to add as I was hesitant to put it on here , but this man has a photo of Jordan Willis at Bristol city the other day , so let's wait and see on that

I can see Willis going, other clubs will want him for his potential
The lad has the lot.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Interesting on Sordell

I'm disappointed to lose what looked like our best goalscorer but can't help feel we've done good business to get two players in for a player who potentially could have left for nothing in 6 months time.

And let's be honest, Sordell has hardly pulled up any trees whilst here. I can't see him cutting it in the championship.

no_loyalty

I would like to see Willis right back with Clarke and Turnbull in the middle. I think Haynes should be given a go at left back he is no worse than Page

Hopefully Stokes will be back soon

skybluebeduff

Interesting on Sordell

I'm disappointed to lose what looked like our best goalscorer but can't help feel we've done good business to get two players in for a player who potentially could have left for nothing in 6 months time.

And let's be honest, Sordell has hardly pulled up any trees whilst here. I can't see him cutting it in the championship.
They've only signed him until the end of the season too, which makes the business look smart.

Happy_Martian

Credit to Slade, he doesn't waste time.

Was just going to say that I'm impressed at the speed of the signings. Slade certainly has a reputation for working well in the transfer market. 3 good signings, all in the first 12 hours of the window. If he can get Simpson, we'd only really need a respectable central midfielder in the remaining time, one that can hold the team together, and we'd be a team to fear.

Off topic but:
View attachment 6201

Fair play to him if he gets the move.

Looks like Liverpool are starting to echo Chelski and picking up all the good youth talent then shipping them out on loan. Helps Liverpools bank balance but not necessarily the players career.

ccfchoi87

Answered my concern regarding his lack of goal scoring but need someone to play alongside him surely not Marcus T

It would be good if George Thomas could get a few goals alongside Beavon. I'm sure there's more to Thomas, maybe a goal and a run in the side and he'll be flying

Evo1883

Bristol City want him according to 'internet' rumors.
The bloke who told me Willis "could" be off to Bristol , is the same bloke who told me yesterday morning that sordell is going to burton with beavon and reilly coming here , along with Clarke .

It feels a bit more than a rumour to me now, I was always sceptical about what people in the know told me , until they get it all right , then you have no choice but to take them seriously

dongonzalos

Bristol City want him according to 'internet' rumors.

Would be nice if we got money for him that is given straight to Slade.

DKE competing at right back with Sterry is good for me.
Clarke Turnball, Stokes and another new signing competing at CB
Haynes and Stokes competing at LB

I would be happy with that. Then a proper hard man in midfield to replace vincelot which we never did and let Stevenson flourish beside him.
Hopefully Slade has a couple of strikers up his sleeve

no_loyalty

Surprised Sordell has gone, maybe a deal for Simpson is on the cards?

pusbccfc

Beavon will do naff all in this team. 5 goals and 5 assists by the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread