Next Season’s Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Well…

Had renewal through for the box we’re in and let’s just say it’s quite a price hike. Cost is £7,200+VAT (was £5,500+VAT last season) so it’s risen by over 30%.

Makes me wonder what the season ticket prices will be like next season. If this season peters out to nothingness then I think we may be in trouble.

Evo1883

I'm expecting / hoping to be paying no more than 450 next season

For block 16 .

That's 19.50 a match

Adge

I'm expecting / hoping to be paying no more than 450 next season

For block 16 .

That's 19.50 a match
Think that might be too much for some people. We need to try and maintain the current amount of season ticket holders but can’t see it at a 30% increase if that is to be the case.

ccfc1234

Part of our success has been built on our home atmosphere. If they move the cost up 30% and attendances fall 30% while this will be cost neutral for the club's bottom line, it will make the whole match day experience less enjoyable and the players who i think this season have built a really good bond with the fan base could be negatively impacted.

The club got the pricing broadly right this season with midweek games being £20 and the big games £30. If that moves up by more than a pound or two it would be a mistake as history tells us a section of our fan base can be a bit fickle and this is against a backdrop of energy bills soaring and other inflationary household pressures

@SB Andy I am sorry for your 30% price hike. I think the fact the boxes were over subscribed gives the club the green light to up the prices of perhaps the more affluent section of our fan base. Hope your well off enough that it won't put you and your mates off renewing.

Johnnythespider

A 30% price hike and a perceived lack of ambition, will i think result in a drop in sales

Grendel

A 30% price hike and a perceived lack of ambition, will i think result in a drop in sales

it will but I can see it happening certainly from the £299 starting base

Saddlebrains

£75 per ST rise i think is fair and acceptable amongst the fanbase.

Anymore than that you're going to lose people.

I mean thats what, another million to the budget doing that

Also wouldn't want to see much of a rise, if any on kids prices. People Could probably stomach another £5 or so raise on the JSB'S id assume also

Marty

Really don't mind at all, It's too be expected in all honesty. We have one of the cheapest in the championship, even a 30% rise takes it to around only £400; which is still one of the cheapest. Bring in improvements on a couple of players and keep playing as we are, but with an end product, the crowds will come flooding back.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
£75 per ST rise i think is fair and acceptable amongst the fanbase.

Anymore than that you're going to lose people.

I mean thats what, another million to the budget doing that

Also wouldn't want to see much of a rise, if any on kids prices. People Could probably stomach another £5 or so raise on the JSB'S id assume also

Actually £75 on the full season ticket isn't anything like that once you take 20% VAT off. Plus a lot of tickets are concessions or early bird discounted i would guess assuming 11000 St holders it will raise no more than 500k possibly lower

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
To be fair to the club though the ST prices have on the low side compared to other clubs. The performance on the pitch has been good as has the atmosphere so I think £75 to £100 on the full price will be worn by most. But if you are going to be buying 3 or 4 tickets then that's going to be a big hit even with early bird discount

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Part of our success has been built on our home atmosphere. If they move the cost up 30% and attendances fall 30% while this will be cost neutral for the club's bottom line, it will make the whole match day experience less enjoyable and the players who i think this season have built a really good bond with the fan base could be negatively impacted.

The club got the pricing broadly right this season with midweek games being £20 and the big games £30. If that moves up by more than a pound or two it would be a mistake as history tells us a section of our fan base can be a bit fickle and this is against a backdrop of energy bills soaring and other inflationary household pressures

@SB Andy I am sorry for your 30% price hike. I think the fact the boxes were over subscribed gives the club the green light to up the prices of perhaps the more affluent section of our fan base. Hope your well off enough that it won't put you and your mates off renewing.

It all depends on how the season ends. If we slowly spiral to a nothing finish, I can see a lot not renewing at a 30% increase. Get into the playoffs or get very close and I can see our number of ST holders growing even at a 30% price increase.

What Boddy and co don’t need to do is blindly stick 30% on the price and expect everyone to renew. If they do the attendances and atmosphere will drop like Katie Price’s underwear.

pusbccfc

Will be a big drop in sales particularly after no business was made in January. I know a few on here and social media mentioned that they were annoyed about that.

If it rises to £400, I think sales will drop to around 7500, particularly if this season tails off in the way it is currently doing so.

I feel the club are expecting a drop in sales anyway and therefore will put prices up because of that.

Blind-Faith

While it has absolutely been a very entertaining season of football, with record number of season tickets sold and 6/7players shipped out , even with only a portion of the wages being covered, and only bringing 1 player in? Then they wanna hike the prices up? Pfffft

Sky Blue Pete

Well…

Had renewal through for the box we’re in and let’s just say it’s quite a price hike. Cost is £7,200+VAT (was £5,500+VAT last season) so it’s risen by over 30%.

Makes me wonder what the season ticket prices will be like next season. If this season peters out to nothingness then I think we may be in trouble.
Sold out this year so an increase is appropriate but not to take the piss

Sky Blue Pete

Will be a big drop in sales particularly after no business was made in January. I know a few on here and social media mentioned that they were annoyed about that.

If it rises to £400, I think sales will drop to around 7500, particularly if this season tails off in the way it is currently doing so.

I feel the club are expecting a drop in sales anyway and therefore will put prices up because of that.
And then people will whinge that sisu don’t put money in ignoring the irony of them not putting theirs in and they’re supporters!!! Allegedly

Brighton Sky Blue

And then people will whinge that sisu don’t put money in ignoring the irony of them not putting theirs in and they’re supporters!!! Allegedly

Well people did put their money in, in record numbers, and it meant nothing really did it.

Personally we’ll renew regardless of price but the situation with trains really has to improve so we aren’t writing off particular fixtures just for that reason.

Sky Blue Pete

Well people did put their money in, in record numbers, and it meant nothing really did it.

Personally we’ll renew regardless of price but the situation with trains really has to improve so we aren’t writing off particular fixtures just for that reason.
Won’t be resolved before next season it’s bizarre no one gives a shit about getting an answer

Brighton Sky Blue

Won’t be resolved before next season it’s bizarre no one gives a shit about getting an answer

On face value £300 for 23 games and a shirt is fantastic value. In practice however we’ll probably only have gone to about 15 if that pretty much just because of transport.

Robins did also say to the effect of the more tickets sold, the more he can work with. Clearly that just isn’t true sadly

Liquid Gold

A 30% increase would make me seriously consider my options.

It's expensive already when you have to add the petrol to get up to the arena from the south west as well as buying a shirt and having an ifollow pass. I could just keep the ifollow, lose the rest and watch the games still then pick and chose a few to attend.

Particularly if there is no benefit for away tickets in the new scheme.

Things are getting really expensive in general now so I have to weigh it up anyway.

Saddlebrains

Yea to be honest i did a quick straw poll of the 10ST Holders i know.

On £450 an ST as a random figure, 5 said yes, 2 said probably, 3 said 'fuckoff, didn't make a difference this year did it' 🤷‍♂️

SAJ

On face value £300 for 23 games and a shirt is fantastic value. In practice however we’ll probably only have gone to about 15 if that pretty much just because of transport.

Robins did also say to the effect of the more tickets sold, the more he can work with. Clearly that just isn’t true sadly
I’m not so sure. Boddy said they were working on an average crowd of 17k were averaging about 19 at the moment we’ve still got
It to play Bournemouth, Luton, Hull, Preston Barnsley and Blackburn all who have the lowest number of away fans attending matches. The only match now that will have a decent number of away fans is Sheff Utd. If our form drops off 15k a match will quickly become the norm dragging us down to an average of where they predicted. 2000 extra fans a match is roughly £40000 a game. Unless we go on a run and become serious contenders for the play offs our average is going to be well below 19k. Allen, Hyam, Godden and O’Hare signing new contracts will eat into that additional money. Can’t believe Bidwell is here for loose change either.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m not so sure. Boddy said they were working on an average crowd of 17k were averaging about 19 at the moment we’ve still got
It to play Bournemouth, Luton, Hull, Preston Barnsley and Blackburn all who have the lowest number of away fans attending matches. The only match now that will have a decent number of away fans is Sheff Utd. If our form drops off 15k a match will quickly become the norm dragging us down to an average of where they predicted. 2000 extra fans a match is roughly £40000 a game. Unless we go on a run and become serious contenders for the play offs our average is going to be well below 19k. Allen, Hyam, Godden and O’Hare signing new contracts will eat into that additional money. Can’t believe Bidwell is here for loose change either.

The problem is if this is near the top of what we can afford even taking all the above into account it really doesn’t bode well.

CJ_covblaze

It’s a very strange situation. Nothing seems to have been said as to why it’s always rail replacement.

SBT

Yea to be honest i did a quick straw poll of the 10ST Holders i know.

On £450 an ST as a random figure, 5 said yes, 2 said probably, 3 said 'fuckoff, didn't make a difference this year did it' 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure that’s great news for Joy if true - seven tickets at the higher price equals more ST revenue than 10 tickets at the lower price.

letsallsingtogether

I will get one but their will be many who might have to give it a miss, what with food and energy etc also rising but wages being stagnent they basically wont be able to afford it.
Funny hiw people say its only 75 or 100 quid but if you aint got it you aint got it.
when I was in my 20s I wouldnt have had it.

mark82

It’s a very strange situation. Nothing seems to have been said as to why it’s always rail replacement.

Something to do with the platform. I know both Wasps & CCFC are eager for it do be resolved. Seems to sit between the council & network rail, and the affordability of required platform works. @Sky Blue Pete last update I can see on this was September, have you heard anything since.

theferret

A small increase in ST prices is to be expected, although I have to buy 4 and that really stings.

I don't see it being 30% though, I believe boxes sold out this season, so that hike will be driven by supply and demand.

Matchday prices should be left well alone though. I see some people hae been sucked in by 'amongst cheapest in championship' spin, which just isn't true really.

Users who are viewing this thread