Next Season’s Ticket Prices (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Something to do with the platform. I know both Wasps & CCFC are eager for it do be resolved. Seems to sit between the council & network rail, and the affordability of required platform works. @Sky Blue Pete last update I can see on this was September, have you heard anything since.
Nothing with any progress. It’s just madness. You have nailed the problem as I understand it

Sky Blue Pete

Well yes because crowds went up and there was no money in January. Or will this seasons increase be reflected in next seasons budget?
I think the wages budget has increased since the season started due to bigger crowds and probably a bugger loss. You said yourself we can’t compete with clubs willing to pay more in wages that the whole of the clubs turnover

Brighton Sky Blue

Something to do with the platform. I know both Wasps & CCFC are eager for it do be resolved. Seems to sit between the council & network rail, and the affordability of required platform works. @Sky Blue Pete last update I can see on this was September, have you heard anything since.

Odd, it’s surely long enough? I’d assumed it was deliberate cancellation or lack of drivers.

South West Sky Blue

There’s a difference between corporate and ST. Didn’t virtually all the corporate boxes get sold out straight away for this season?
If so, they were probably underpriced.
I’m expecting a moderate increase in ST, nothing like 30%.
Just speculating though…..

SBAndy

A small increase in ST prices is to be expected, although I have to buy 4 and that really stings.

I don't see it being 30% though, I believe boxes sold out this season, so that hike will be driven by supply and demand.

Matchday prices should be left well alone though. I see some people hae been sucked in by 'amongst cheapest in championship' spin, which just isn't true really.

I think a ST for £400 wouldn’t be unreasonable. Still a good discount on match day pricing structure as-is.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'll be getting one regardless (appreciate some may be struggling with it) As others have pointed out, prices have hardly moved over a good number of years (although some disregard that). CCFC are my main 'interest' outside family life, so are a priority to me, and one thing my wife puts up with, without complaint. If this helps the club maintain/ improve its standing, great. Not guaranteed, but then not much in life is.

Last edited:

Mcbean

We have had a very cheap season of good football - they had to keep it low as it was not clear where we would be playing - you want new players we have to
Pay for them somehow

You'll Never Beat McPake

I thought the main issue is at Coventry Station and delays to the new bay platform. From what I understand, there will be no significant changes to the Cov-Nuneaton service until that is completed.
Biggest problem I understand is that the line is not electrified and so need to use diesel trains. Not many available and expensive/ highly polluting. Cost to electrify resides with Network Rail. This should have been considered when building the station.

chiefdave

Would be surprised if we don't move back to tiered pricing. Wonder if they'll be tempted to make 14 - 16 more expensive given the trouble they've been having up there and make 29 & 30 the cheapest part of the ground.

I was eleven in 87

Would be surprised if we don't move back to tiered pricing. Wonder if they'll be tempted to make 14 - 16 more expensive given the trouble they've been having up there and make 29 & 30 the cheapest part of the ground.

According to what Boddy said on 26/01/22 there will be NO tiered pricing for the 2022/23 season……

Work has been put in to look at how things have worked this season, and what areas could be changed or that have worked well and need to maintained. This season we suspended the Premium Zone pricing area, due to the potential we had then for social distancing in the stadium and trying to manage the seating plan for supporters.

What we have seen and heard this season is a much improved atmosphere at the stadium, and it is our belief that the suspension of the Premium Zone has contributed to this, helping to attract supporters to different seating locations and also meaning that supporters are able to group together more. With this in mind, we have decided that there will be no Premium Zone seating area again next season.

Garryb80

According to what Boddy said on 26/01/22 there will be NO tiered pricing for the 2022/23 season……

Work has been put in to look at how things have worked this season, and what areas could be changed or that have worked well and need to maintained. This season we suspended the Premium Zone pricing area, due to the potential we had then for social distancing in the stadium and trying to manage the seating plan for supporters.

What we have seen and heard this season is a much improved atmosphere at the stadium, and it is our belief that the suspension of the Premium Zone has contributed to this, helping to attract supporters to different seating locations and also meaning that supporters are able to group together more. With this in mind, we have decided that there will be no Premium Zone seating area again next season.
That just means the same price all over the stadium

chiefdave

Odd decision for me. I don't think adding a few quid to the 3 centre blocks for example would make the slightest bit of difference to the atmosphere but would increase revenue as judging by past years the people in those blocks will pay to stay there.

Get the argument for suspending it while social distancing was potentially a thing and they may have needed to move people from their season ticket seats but that doesn't apply now.

chiefdave

Do you mean the platform isn't big enough for more carriages issue that has been mentioned in the past or is there actually a problem? If the platform can only take 4 carriages why can't you empty 4 then move the train forward a bit to empty another 4?

EalingSB

My cousin has a box with his mates this season and it was a steal between ten of them. Club did well to get them all sold at a great price and they obviously expect to shift them even with 30% added. I went in once, v Fulham, and it was a cracking day.

Grendel

It’s rolling stock and platform space. It’s just insane. No one cares

Why would train companies run trains for match days if wiukd be huge effort and be run at a loss. Logistics would be a shambles as well

Grendel

I think a ST for £400 wouldn’t be unreasonable. Still a good discount on match day pricing structure as-is.

Maybe but I suspect the £400 will be the early discount price and this is likely to be on sale before the end of this season as the club will need the funds early

so it’s going to be nearer £500 for the actual price at the normal rate

Many do also choose the parking option as well and without that wouldn’t go

So a husband wife ticket and parking is over £1,000

mark82

Maybe but I suspect the £400 will be the early discount price and this is likely to be on sale before the end of this season as the club will need the funds early

so it’s going to be nearer £500 for the actual price at the normal rate

Many do also choose the parking option as well and without that wouldn’t go

So a husband wife ticket and parking is over £1,000

If our cheapest season ticket is £400 next season it will make it one of the most expensive in the division.

Grendel

If our cheapest season ticket is £400 next season it will make it one of the most expensive in the division.

only as some clubs have tiered pricing

Grendel

Well it's more just asking the train company to run the service already timetabled

whenever I’ve seen trains stop there they haven’t had 4 carriages? Are they timetabled to stop there?

Brighton Sky Blue

whenever I’ve seen trains stop there they haven’t had 4 carriages? Are they timetabled to stop there?

Usually a 2 carriage service that always stops at the stadium irrespective of the time. I had assumed it was just lack of drivers

Grendel

Usually a 2 carriage service that always stops at the stadium irrespective of the time. I had assumed it was just lack of drivers

The issue will be if there’s extra demand then it’s likely it needs 4 carriages -

I’d guess also the demand is the other way to Bedworth and nuneaton

Brighton Sky Blue

The issue will be if there’s extra demand then it’s likely it needs 4 carriages -

I’d guess also the demand is the other way to Bedworth and nuneaton

It's more the service from what I can tell is basically always a replacement bus. It's only rammed for the 5 minutes between arena and central station

letsallsingtogether

Do you mean the platform isn't big enough for more carriages issue that has been mentioned in the past or is there actually a problem? If the platform can only take 4 carriages why can't you empty 4 then move the train forward a bit to empty another 4?
I believe one platform is longer then the other one takes 7 carriages the other only four.
Cant re
really see why this is a problem though.
Just ram them all in like they do on the tube.

theferret

It was recently announced that there is going to be a direct rail link between Coventry and Leicester. I suspect this will be the route it takes, so that will mean electrification and you would hope a significant improvement in local services too. I guess this would be a 10 year+ project though and we will have moved by then 😊

letsallsingtogether

It was recently announced that there is going to be a direct rail link between Coventry and Leicester. I suspect this will be the route it takes, so that will mean electrification and you would hope a significant improvement in local services too. I guess this would be a 10 year+ project though and we will have moved by then 😊
Is there a station at the new ground or is that another 30 year plan.
HS2 will be close by but wont stop as we are not important enough!

Grendel

Is there a station at the new ground or is that another 30 year plan.
HS2 will be close by but wont stop as we are not important enough!

even HS2 will be finished before the new ground

pusbccfc

Whatever they do with the prices, I hope they close off the corner in the north Stand.

The ground looks empty from the away end

Users who are viewing this thread