Nicola Bulley (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Really? Could be another John Darwin. Or worse yet, Nicola Payne. Or Shanann Watts. This could go loads of ways.

Just sounds like a badly planned, cheap drama atm.

I think his suggestion is it’s another Gordon Wardell which I don’t see in truth

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

People are moaning about the police saying she had issues with alcohol, but I actually think if they had declared she was a bit vulnerable from the beginning, the search might have been a bit quicker, and the public might have reacted stronger in trying to find her. Might not have made a difference of course, but it seems odd to give that information now. Feels like they've been very slow and one dimensional with the investigation.

clint van damme

People are moaning about the police saying she had issues with alcohol, but I actually think if they had declared she was a bit vulnerable from the beginning, the search might have been a bit quicker, and the public might have reacted stronger in trying to find her. Might not have made a difference of course, but it seems odd to give that information now. Feels like they've been very slow and one dimensional with the investigation.

The fella who lead the underwater search team said they would have used a different strategy if they'd had this information.

No idea what that would have entailed but he has got a lot of experience of these situations.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The fella who lead the underwater search team said they would have used a different strategy if they'd had this information.

No idea what that would have entailed but he has got a lot of experience of these situations.

That's interesting.

To be honest I felt like something was a bit off with the investigation when he was clearly suggesting openly that he disagreed with a lot of what they were doing.

fernandopartridge

The family came out and said it didn't they?

SBT

The police have known this from the start, haven’t they? Why would the search teams not have been privy to the same information?

Nick

Administrator
I'm really confused by it all to be honest. It doesn't add up.

Got the diver bloke saying she's not in there, the police saying she has drink problems. The family are blaming the police.

Nick

Administrator
I find the blame culture in Britain just baffling to be honest. How can the police be blamed for somebody going missing? I don't even like the police but come on ffs.
Yeah unless they took her.

Something just doesn't seem to add up, even that diver bloke was blaming the police.

It's like a UK, adult McCann mystery.

Grendel

Ironically in the late 70’s someone disappeared in the same area and the body wasn’t found for 2 months

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I find the blame culture in Britain just baffling to be honest. How can the police be blamed for somebody going missing? I don't even like the police but come on ffs.
I don't think they're blaming them for her going missing, they're blaming them for the way they've conducted the investigation. Whether that's justified or not I don't know, but something very odd is going on.

If only the dog could speak.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

None if this has added up, let's be honest. They are dying on this hill regarding her being in the river, but have had their pants pulled down by an expert that has searched it extensively.

The press conference by the police yesterday was bizarre and defensive, and it feels like they've released this information to justify why they've seemingly been looking properly in one place only.

I'll also defend the police when necessary, but this is just odd I'm afraid. The amount of ex high profile detetectives jumping in to criticise is pretty telling as well. If it turns out she isn’t in the river, it really would be a complete shit storm wouldn't it?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe the police just have no clue where she is.

If she's decided to vanish or if somebody has made her vanish then they might never find her.

Otis

Maybe the police just have no clue where she is.

If she's decided to vanish or if somebody has made her vanish then they might never find her.
I am now pondering over the first thought there. Would make more sense if she just decided to vanish wouldn't it. And leaving the dog and phone would make people believe she fell into the river.

Who knows, but it's very odd. The timeframe is so minute isn't it. Doesn't seem to quite add up, so I can see why everyone has a theory. 🤷

fernandopartridge

None if this has added up, let's be honest. They are dying on this hill regarding her being in the river, but have had their pants pulled down by an expert that has searched it extensively.

The press conference by the police yesterday was bizarre and defensive, and it feels like they've released this information to justify why they've seemingly been looking properly in one place only.

I'll also defend the police when necessary, but this is just odd I'm afraid. The amount of ex high profile detetectives jumping in to criticise is pretty telling as well. If it turns out she isn’t in the river, it really would be a complete shit storm wouldn't it?

it's not an unreasonable assumption is it? Where is she then? Has anybody reported a sighting?

skybluetony176

One of my oldest friends has serious issues with alcohol. He stays sober for months sometimes a year or two then every now and again he secretly squirrels away money until he has enough to go on a massive bender. Just disappears. No one knows where he is, usually in a cheap B&B until he gets kicked out, then sleeps rough until the alcohol/money runs out, then gets massive alcohol withdrawal symptoms and goes completely mental (usually in a public place) then ends up in hospital which is when family and friends finally know where he is and he’s safe. 3 weeks last but one time.

I’m kind of hoping that’s what’s happening in this case, at least her family will get her back and she could start receiving treatment.

Otis

One of my oldest friends has serious issues with alcohol. He stays sober for months sometimes a year or two then every now and again he secretly squirrels away money until he has enough to go on a massive bender. Just disappears. No one knows where he is, usually in a cheap B&B until he gets kicked out, then sleeps rough until the alcohol/money runs out, then gets massive alcohol withdrawal symptoms and goes completely mental (usually in a public place) then ends up in hospital which is when family and friends finally know where he is and he’s safe. 3 weeks last but one time.

I’m kind of hoping that’s what’s happening in this case, at least her family will get her back and she could start receiving treatment.
Hope so. Wherever she is, I hope she is safe and well.

Bugsy

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

it's not an unreasonable assumption is it? Where is she then? Has anybody reported a sighting?

It wasn't an unreasonable assumption at the very beginning, however it has been three weeks and she still hasn't been found. The river has being combed by experts who are adamant she isn't in it. It was clear early on in those searches that this could be the outcome, which was ages ago.

Releasing this information now is beneficial in helping to find her, how? They should have either done it at the very beginning or not at all. At this moment in time they are just using it to cover their own backs and hit out at criticism they are rightly getting for their one dimensional approach, and poor communication.

Flying Fokker

The amount of attention it is getting is ridiculous. I really hope she is safe and alive and is found soon, but it doesn't warrant this level of media attention. Around 170,000 go missing every year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Tbh I wasn’t going to look at this thread. But…

Nick

Administrator
The amount of attention it is getting is ridiculous. I really hope she is safe and alive and is found soon, but it doesn't warrant this level of media attention. Around 170,000 go missing every year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is why it doesn't stack up.

Her partner doing interviews and stuff.

fernandopartridge

It wasn't an unreasonable assumption at the very beginning, however it has been three weeks and she still hasn't been found. The river has being combed by experts who are adamant she isn't in it. It was clear early on in those searches that this could be the outcome, which was ages ago.

Releasing this information now is beneficial in helping to find her, how? They should have either done it at the very beginning or not at all. At this moment in time they are just using it to cover their own backs and hit out at criticism they are rightly getting for their one dimensional approach, and poor communication.

They've never said it was the sole theory though have they? They might not want to disclose the others for other reasons.

Agreed, not sure what the reason for releasing the information was and it does look a bit like a distraction

skybluetony176

I think it’s right it’s getting so much attention. If she has disappeared on a bender she’s vulnerable to her issues surrounding her her mental health and alcohol, the longer this goes on the more physical damage will happen to her body.

If something more sinister has happened and there’s foul play it needs the attention because a crime has been committed.

It’s not wrong that this case is getting so much attention it’s wrong that other cases get so little.

Evo1883

Checked the pubs first?
Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

😆

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Think this answers a few questions that people are asking. The expert said had no idea she was a vulnerable person (normally on other cases he would be briefed), and if he had known he would have searched further down the river earlier on. Explains that if she was trying to drown herself she might have floated about a bit first and could have gone further away and potentially then out to sea if it was a deliberate attempt, and she had gone over the weir.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread