No Bacon Batches (1 Viewer)

old westender

One of the things that my mates and i were looking forward to this season was having one of those superb bacon batches at Scunthorpe so you can just imagine our disappointment to find that they no longer serve them. :( This has taken the shine off what should have been a very enjoyable day.

rob9872

I thought 22quid for that shithole in a league one game was taking the piss

skybluegaz

I remember my mum once asking for a batch in Portsmouth. I'm not sure who was more confused, the shop person not knowing what she meant, or mum wondering why they were confused.

BTW has anyone told the boss it's not a "roll and bacon" south of the border?

old westender

the pies were rubbish to you just can not beat a killie pie or the ones they use to walk around the pitch at highfield road with them in their little blue boxes:p

Tonylinc

One of the things that my mates and i were looking forward to this season was having one of those superb bacon batches at Scunthorpe so you can just imagine our disappointment to find that they no longer serve them. :( This has taken the shine off what should have been a very enjoyable day.
should have called in here. We had a load of Cov. fans call prior to the game and all had bacon and sausage batches (and seconds at that). You would have been more than welcome.

Paxman II

Are they called 'batches' in Skunny? Or is that a Coventry thing? I think in Leicester it's called a 'cob'? Eleswhere a bun, a roll, etc.

Anyone know the origin of 'batch' in this instance?

pusbccfc

I'm sure brummies say batch

Astute

The most common term used in England seems to be roll, but it can get a bit confusing when you want a sausage batch. It is roll where I now live, but sausage on a bun otherwise ypu get a sausage roll

Macca

Seriously I have asked for a batch throughout the country and never been met with this mythical confusion

covkid69

it's not a roll.bap balm or feckin fadgies as i once heard it called.....it's a feckin BATCH :p:p

Last edited:

smouch1975

Batch:

A dialect term for a bread roll used in North Warwickshire, Nuneaton and Coventry, as well as on the Wirral, England

See. We are special

Tank Top

I had no such Disappointment!!
At about noon, I assembled ingredients, Applied the recipe, 2 large "Batches" cut in half, two enormous thick rashers of home cured smoked bacon, 1 large fresh tomato, pepper'd and grilled, Fried the bacon till brown and crispy, inserted the juicy tomato onto the batches, placed the crispy aromatic bacon on the Batches, then entered the kingdom of heaven, this was washed down with a mug of brandy laced Coffee, I bet you feel better now Lads,
"Who needs a cold wet day in Scunthorpe" MMMM, I can still smell em.

Users who are viewing this thread