No lap of honour (1 Viewer)

SBT

So what was the reason for them not coming back out, other than cowardice? Don't say it was because they didn't deserve one, they can hardly have expected to have basked in the crowd's adulation.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They never said they were coming back out did they?

They were meant to be doing one / or something straight after the match before going back in to the dressing room but the people who stayed said they didn't do anything out of the ordinary anyway.

Otis

Nope. Agreed before the game that they would not go to the dressing room and then come back out again.

pusbccfc

No one was there to applaud them!

Jackoskyblue

I stayed waiting for a while. It's not so much applauding then it's for the players to thank the fans. Complete kick in the teeth for those who stayed and a lack of disrespect

m.okeefe

don't get this lap of honour/survival ect its about winning and celebrating achieving something then you do a lap

torchomatic

We hung around as my lad loves the players coming round the pitch. After five minutes or so the head steward - the one with the dicky eye - said the players weren't coming back out and it was Mowbray's decision, those were the words he used. There weren't a lot of people there but there were a few shouts about lack of respect, etc.

Ah well.

torchomatic

Idon't think it's about "honour", it's just a thank you to the fans. Can't see why they can't do it.

don't get this lap of honour/survival ect its about winning and celebrating achieving something then you do a lap

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

andy thorn took the team round the pitch minutes after an awful performance that relegated us to league 1 so the "they didnt want to after a bad result" is utter bollocks mowbray should have dragged the fuckers out it was him after all who wrote to fans asking them to come out for the game it was the least he could have done

kdrinkell

I was hoping they would come out as I had a great selection of rotting fruit and veg to throw at them.

stay_up_skyblues

Should have rounded the players up in front of the main stand and handed out rotten fruit n veg to the fans to hurl at the team after this disgrace of a season. The club has been poorly managed from the top by the owners and from the sidelines by the previous manager but a fair few of that team today ought to be equally culpable. Honour my twat.

The Lurker

Only reason I stayed till the end so my lad could see them at the front. I was fuming and just sums up the club in general. They don't give a shit about the fans and it's that mentality that rubs of on the players

CJ_covblaze

Only reason I stayed till the end so my lad could see them at the front. I was fuming and just sums up the club in general. They don't give a shit about the fans and it's that mentality that rubs of on the players

I was told Mowbray ordered them in the dressing room as they didn't deserve praise. I doubt many would've applauded. We all stayed for it but were going to stand silently with our arms folded.

Feel sorry for the kids that stayed.

westofrayne

andy thorn took the team round the pitch minutes after an awful performance that relegated us to league 1 so the "they didnt want to after a bad result" is utter bollocks mowbray should have dragged the fuckers out it was him after all who wrote to fans asking them to come out for the game it was the least he could have done

If they said they were going to do it they should of, no matter what, even they dropped from Prem they stayed on pitch to "thank the fans" but they go what they deserved ...abuse

I'd left on the whistle, numb and not looking forward to next week

The Lurker

I was told Mowbray ordered them in the dressing room as they didn't deserve praise. I doubt many would've applauded. We all stayed for it but were going to stand silently with our arms folded.

Interesting because mowbary was out doing interviews 15 mins after the game. It's poor in my eyes buddy. And it's not about praise it's about showing apprecation for the support this season and so the kids can see there players one last time for 3 months. Bad call by mowbary if that's the case.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think that if they had come back out which they should have, they should have been told no taking their children on the pitch as I believe they do this to stop the extra hassle towards them.

torchomatic

Yeah,we stayed behind as my lad and other kids too like to see their team a little closer. A steward also said it was Mowbray's decision. Poor that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Interesting because mowbary was out doing interviews 15 mins after the game. It's poor in my eyes buddy. And it's not about praise it's about showing apprecation for the support this season and so the kids can see there players one last time for 3 months. Bad call by mowbary if that's the case.

I am hoping with most of those players it is longer than 3 months, forever is about the right length of time:D

chiefdave

They said in advance they weren't going to come back out so why were people expecting it? If they had come out there would be a thread on here criticising them for that as well.

As Mowbray said in his press conference we're Coventry City, we aren't going to celebrating survival in L1. not that we've even managed that yet.

Nick

Administrator
They said in advance they weren't going to come back out so why were people expecting it? If they had come out there would be a thread on here criticising them for that as well.

As Mowbray said in his press conference we're Coventry City, we aren't going to celebrating survival in L1. not that we've even managed that yet.

Exactly, it was said before the game rather than just deciding after.

The Lurker

can't you read?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/591704463561359360

Coventry City – Verified account ‏@Coventry_City

Players will thank fans for their support during this season immediately after the final whistle tomorrow. Please remain in your seats #pusb
1:45 pm - 24 Apr 2015
12 RETWEETS13 FAVOURITES

SkyBlue_Bear83

can't you read?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/591704463561359360

Coventry City – Verified account ‏@Coventry_City

Players will thank fans for their support during this season immediately after the final whistle tomorrow. Please remain in your seats #pusb
1:45 pm - 24 Apr 2015
12 RETWEETS13 FAVOURITES
The plan was to do something straight after the whistle but it didn't really happen, they were never going to go into the dressing room and come back out.

The Lurker

The plan was to do something straight after the whistle but it didn't really happen, they were never going to go into the dressing room and come back out.

And that is the point is it not? Did the players show any gratitude after the final whistle? For me the answer is no

chiefdave

Yes I can read thanks. People are complaining saying they were waiting for the players to come back out when they weren't ever going to come back out.

chiefdave

And that is the point is it not? Did the players show any gratitude after the final whistle? For me the answer is no

If they had done some sort of lap of honour or similar after that performance there would be a much longer thread than this complaining about it.

The Lurker

Yes I can read thanks. People are complaining saying they were waiting for the players to come back out when they weren't ever going to come back out.

No people are complaining that they didn't show any thanks for the support over the season, it's the least they can do for the shit they've put us through this season. I'm pretty sure near enough every team would have done a lap of pitch yesterday to say thanks. It's not a lap of honour but a lap of gratitude

Users who are viewing this thread