No proof its a Cov fan as of yet but this is disgusting (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I've seen the professionally printed banner...not gonna share it....but reckon someone may get nicked for that one
Yeah that one is definitely offensive .... they've used the old badge with the green in.

Nick

Administrator
It's dark. It's not arrestable.

How many of us have told jokes about people dying? Diana, Maddie McCann etc.

Skyblueweeman

No I think people should be banned. I don’t think they should be arrested.
Whether you like it or not, breach of the peace is an arrestable offence.

I'm pretty sure pissing off thousands of folk with an offensive banner mocking the accidental death of someone, can be classed as breach of the peace.

shmmeee

I'm pretty sure pissing off thousands of folk with an offensive banner mocking the accidental death of someone, can be classed as breach of the peace.

I don’t think breach of the peace is intended to be that wide TBH.

Pissing someone off shouldn’t be illegal. It’s totally subjective.

Grendel

You can tell the idiot that made this is thick as fuck

Clearly wrote it and then realised (or had it pointed out) that it doesn't make sense, and had to add in the 'UR'

Is this a confession?

Nick

Administrator

That's not breach of the peace.

Otherwise somebody making a joke about trans people could be arrested.

Where does it end?

If that's the case, anybody wearing a wasps shirt in Coventry should be arrested.

Grendel

No one can condone it but it’s not something that’s a prosecuting offence

Skyblueweeman

That's not breach of the peace.

Otherwise somebody making a joke about trans people could be arrested.

Where does it end?

If that's the case, anybody wearing a wasps shirt in Coventry should be arrested.
Of course its breach of the peace FFS. The man turned Leicester from a lower EPL team/top end Champ team, into EPL winners. Their fans rightly have a deep affection to him. And a minority of our fans are mocking his traggic death.

stupot07

Looking forward to Sunderland fans all being arrested for Jimmy in a box.

It's social media pettyness and easy arrests for the police. Pathetic.
To be fair, Jimmy Hill died naturally having lived a full life, it wasn't a tragedy like this where innocent people were killed through no fault of their own or Bradley the Sunderland fan dying. Not saying it makes it right but it's completely different.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Of course its breach of the peace FFS. The man turned Leicester from a lower EPL team/top end Champ team, into EPL winners. Their fans rightly have a deep affection to him. And a minority of our fans are mocking his traggic death.

Yet when people step into the real world and go into a pub you get all sorts of jokes. Heard about 3 Maddie McCann comments last night alone.

Yeah there's dark jokes, jokes that go too far, things that try hard but aren't funny.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, Jimmy Hill died naturally having lived a full life, it wasn't a tragedy like this where innocent people were killed through no fault of their own or Bradley the Sunderland fan dying. Not saying it makes it right but it's completely different.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
That's what makes it subjective.

Some things like showing pictures of the kid on their phone just makes people look like bellends.

Skyblueweeman

Yet when people step into the real world and go into a pub you get all sorts of jokes. Heard about 3 Maddie McCann comments last night alone.

Yeah there's dark jokes, jokes that go too far, things that try hard but aren't funny.
That McCann joke was to you and some mates I guess. Do you or whoever you were with have any connection to McCann? I doubt it.

Saying something to thousands who have a connection with someone is totally different. You're not comparing similar things.

Nick

Administrator
That McCann joke was to you and some mates I guess. Do you or whoever you were with have any connection to McCann? I doubt it.

Saying something to thousands who have a connection with someone is totally different. You're not comparing similar things.

This is where it's entirely subjective. Much like somebody cracking a princess Diana joke.

MAFF

It's vile, it's disgusting, should be banned from the stadium etc. but the fact doing a helicopter gesture is an arrestable offence is ridiculous. Same with that Wednesday scumbag who mocked Bradley Lowery etc.

shmmeee

Should denying Christ is our saviour be a criminal offence? It will deeply upset millions with a strong connection to Christ.

Ultimately being offensive, as long as it doesn’t tip into threats of violence or harassment shouldn’t be illegal because I can claim to be offended by anything and it’s completely unfalsifiable.

Skyblueweeman

Should denying Christ is our saviour be a criminal offence? It will deeply upset millions with a strong connection to Christ.

Ultimately being offensive, as long as it doesn’t tip into threats of violence or harassment shouldn’t be illegal because I can claim to be offended by anything and it’s completely unfalsifiable.
Like I said, doesn't matter whether you think it shouldn't be illegal or not, it is.

Ashdown

The more offensive the gesture the more likely the angry response. They are not looking at making friends are they ?

Users who are viewing this thread