now it really has sold out.... (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

Online last Thursday and Friday?

Oh yeah, that was a great success for fans wasn't it? That went well with no issues... and a breeze. Took many fans 10 hrs to get tickets. Some people dont have that sort of time on there hands with job, kids etc...

Nick

Administrator
Oh yeah, that was a great success for fans wasn't it? That went well with no issues... and a breeze. Took many fans 10 hrs to get tickets. Some people dont have that sort of time on there hands with job, kids etc...

As I have said, crap IT system that couldn't cope. They still sold a fair few thousand though so it is not as if nobody could order at all was it?

The Lurker

As I have said, crap IT system that couldn't cope. They still sold a fair few thousand though so it is not as if nobody could order at all was it?

a few 1,000 out of how many? This morning has been a farce. My brother in law who moved to London been up since 6am trying to find no tickets were ever available. Thats bad.

skyblu3sk

I'm a Season ticket and sorted so no problem for me. But others i know not so lucky who live out of cov
Well then this still applies, it was the same with all the other popular matches. Not everyone has a right to have a ticket and if you can't put yourself out like everyone else had to then stop bitching about it if we are sold out then tough luck. Look at all the concerts that go on sale and sell out in minutes or crash thee site etc it's one of those things.

Porkchophill

Strange that no one can answer why 3000 seats are needed for Gills and segregation.

Health and safety haven't the authority to tell the club what they can sell so that is a smokescreen.

A smoke screen to what end ? Purposely not selling tickets to reduce revenue ? I think you will find an overhaul of the system needs to be implemented and a little less paranoia in this instance

Astute

And by the sound of it the attendance will be close to 20% short of what is supposed to be capacity. Not good when they could sell thousands more.

Nick

Administrator
a few 1,000 out of how many? This morning has been a farce. My brother in law who moved to London been up since 6am trying to find no tickets were ever available. Thats bad.

I don't know, I don't have access to their stats to tell you but there were a fair few thousand online as you could see the seats going fast.

Nick

Administrator
And by the sound of it the attendance will be close to 20% short of what is supposed to be capacity. Not good when they could sell thousands more.

Isn't that 25,000? They have sold 28,000 so far haven't they?

Snozz_is_god

Strange that no one can answer why 3000 seats are needed for Gills and segregation.

Health and safety haven't the authority to tell the club what they can sell so that is a smokescreen.

Come on think about it....

It's the seggragation under the stand, that's the problem.

The large doors that separate the fans aren't movable, do you think it would be a good idea to have Sky Blue & Gills fans mixing downstairs, before, during & after the game. Hmmm!

mattylad

I have been trying to get glastonbury tickets online for years with no success and theres 200,000 of them. Its unfortunate for those that wanted to go and have missed out but just think about it, the club has sold every ticket that it could possibley sell. People can complain till the cows come home about how they did it did not suit how they wanted to buy but the truth is they had 28k tickets to sell and they have all gone so how can it be anything other than a succesful release of tickets in a short time span.

Edit to say...and I would add I know of many people saying there should have been no online sales and everyone should have been made to visit the shop to buy. I don't agree with that but it just shows that regardless of what they had done it would have not suited everyone.

Last edited:

Noggin

Come on think about it....

It's the seggragation under the stand, that's the problem.

The large doors that separate the fans aren't movable, do you think it would be a good idea to have Sky Blue & Gills fans mixing downstairs, before, during & after the game. Hmmm!

I don't know where these doors are but the Crewe and Chelsea games both over 31k had completely different segregation, chelsea had pretty much the entire south stand, crewe only had up to block 8, so this issue is clearly very solvable and doesn't really fly as an excuse.

The Lurker

I have been trying to get glastonbury tickets online for years with no success and theres 200,000 of them. Its unfortunate for those that wanted to go and have missed out but just think about it, the club has sold every ticket that it could possibley sell. People can complain till the cows come home about how they did it did not suit how they wanted to buy but the truth is they had 28k tickets to sell and they have all gone so how can it be anything other than a succesful release of tickets in a short time span.

Edit to say...and I would add I know of many people saying there should have been no online sales and everyone should have been made to visit the shop to buy. I don't agree with that but it just shows that regardless of what they had done it would have not suited everyone.

You really comparing Cov VS Gillingham to glastonbury? Please mate, shocking comparison. Forced to go shop? What about all the fans who live miles away?

Astute

Isn't that 25,000? They have sold 28,000 so far haven't they?

10% of capacity is about 3,200. It don't sound like we have sold nearly 30,000. Sounds like there will be 15% at least not sold. We will find out later when they announce it.

Online last Thursday and Friday?

Been online last Thursday and Friday and every day this week - nada;

been on the phone and left voicemail - nada;

e-mailed explaining my need to go in the disabled seats - nada

Not even the decency to reply.

Absolute disgrace from a club who won what accolade last season from the FL? Something to do with the nice family feeling wasn't it?

skyblu3sk

You really comparing Cov VS Gillingham to glastonbury? Please mate, shocking comparison. Forced to go shop? What about all the fans who live miles away?
I ordered mine online Saturday morning if people kept trying they got them. If they didn't then they didn't put the effort in so don't deserve them...

Nick

Administrator

They were online last week, they were also online last night?

Yes it was a pain in the arse for a lot of people, but they got them.

mattylad

That's my point though regardless of what they did it was'nt going to work for everyone when demand out strips availability. They have sold everything they could...could they have sold things in different ways...yes...would it have made a blind bit of difference that demand would still outstrip availability...No

lifelongcityfan

I ordered mine online Saturday morning if people kept trying they got them. If they didn't then they didn't put the effort in so don't deserve them...
absolute rubbish..the web site has been unresponsive throughout..i, as a northstand season ticket holder couldnt renew online, tried phoning and only just got through by the off chance on about the 40th dial...even then didnt recieve my tickets until yesterday. They were labelled reprint so god knows who /where the originals went. Impossible to contact the clusb by phone and no response to emails...eventually only got throughby trying different phone numbers (adjacent to the official number) at random

RegTheDonk

Yep. I missed out, but thats the way it goes.

Dissapointed but not angry - the club have tried to do it the right way, to prioritise the new and old ST holders who are paying money up front .... then reward those who are prepared to stand in a line for hours on end.

Fair play to them: unable to afford an ST or take time off work myself, but no worries. The team are back, thats the main thing, and hope all of you get behind them tonight. I can go to the next game.

skyblu3sk

Absolute disgrace from a club who won what accolade last season from the FL? Something to do with the nice family feeling wasn't it?

Have you tried calling today? I would be surprised if all the disabled spots had been filled, I assume you need a blue badge though.

The Lurker

They were online last week, they were also online last night?

Yes it was a pain in the arse for a lot of people, but they got them.

Online last night? News to me? I thought it was this morning the online sales were supposedly going on sale?

skyblu3sk

absolute rubbish..the web site has been unresponsive throughout..i, as a northstand season ticket holder couldnt renew online, tried phoning and only just got through by the off chance on about the 40th dial...even then didnt recieve my tickets until yesterday. They were labelled reprint so god knows who /where the originals went. Impossible to contact the clusb by phone and no response to emails...eventually only got throughby trying different phone numbers (adjacent to the official number) at random
So how did I get mine? Yes is was unresponsive but if you took peoples advice, didn't get frustrated with it and let it whur away you got there in the end I tried Thurs, Fri and eventually got them saturday morning as I needed to get 6 in my basket before it timed out.

Nick

Administrator

That is out of order, always think they should go out of their way with disabled fans and OAP's etc. I just sent a Tweet to them asking for you, whether I will get a reply I dont know!

I don't have Tim Fisher's details but maybe somebody who does can give him a shout?

Noggin

I had the same issue, no reply to my tweet saturday, no reply to my e-mail sat, no reply to my e-mail mon, tuesday they responded to a new tweet from me and said they would look up my e-mail and contact me, didn't do it. It's been completely impossible to buy wheelchair seats. Rang dozens of times.

But I wasn't confident I was ever going to be able to talk to them so I brought non disabled tickets on friday night, I have no physical way of getting to my seat, but there is no way im not going, ill work it out when im in the stadium.

Nick

Administrator
So how did I get mine? Yes is was unresponsive but if you took peoples advice, didn't get frustrated with it and let it whur away you got there in the end I tried Thurs, Fri and eventually got them saturday morning as I needed to get 6 in my basket before it timed out.

I just pressed a button and then came back a couple of minutes later to press it again on the next screen! The only time I had to sit there was when selecting the actual tickets as they could time out. Took less than 15 minutes I think for 3 last Friday which included registering for a new account.

SussexSkyBlue

If true that is shocking, although may be worth giving them one last email/tweet as Wednesday and Thursday there was three disabled seats available in block 2.

Best of luck

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread