Oldham Protest (1 Viewer)

TakeMeHome

Just heard on the radio there will be another Protest tomorrow. Im not behind it, but fair enough i thought...

I then heard the plan was to encorage fans to stay in the concourse until the 10th minute to show SISU what an emptying ground looks like.

How stupid, for starters, why arent we still getting behind the team??? Secondly, they have already shut the telegraph stand because people stopped turning up, doyou really think they dont know what an empty stand looks like?

Time to stand together and support our team and forget this stupid notion that SISU walking away solves all our problems....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Like you just belittled them by saying it's silly ;)

I support anything that attempts to get our beloved club out of this downward disease we seem to have found ourselves in.

I might not think the way they've done this is the way I necessarily would have done things, but I back them (no matter how silly it may be) because ultimately we need to stick together if we're going to make any sort of difference at all.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Im not belittling it, as i said, if people want to Protest its fair enough....but get behind the team during game time!

I do agree with you, we should be supporting the team throughout the 90 minutes. I'll be there tomorrow and I fully expect to have no voice come 5pm.

However, if some people have the courage to stand up to this madness, no matter how much we might not agree with the tactics, I feel we need to stick together and support each other as supporters of this club. That 10 minutes might be wasted, but hopefully 110% can be put into the remaining 80.

It's shit, but we need to push forward in almost a mob mentality. If it's just a few people protesting, no one will notice. That march through the city a couple of years ago pre Northampton was incredible, and in my opinion we should be looking to do something like that.

dongonzalos

Let SISU know what you think
Before at half time and afterwards.
Let the team know you are in their corner during the 90 mins

SkyblueBazza

It's a silly idea for a protest, but at least they're fucking doing something rather than belittling others for trying to do something good.
It appears that NOPM was the only protest that worked. That is because it hit them in the pocket, although sadly it has not led further progress on or off the pitch

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Warwickhunt

Like you just belittled them by saying it's silly ;)
Where I sit I spend most of my time trying to see around people who are just coming to their seats 10 minutes late because that's how long they have been in the food hall queues trying to get a skanky burger or hot dog

Terry Gibson's perm

Where I sit I spend most of my time trying to see around people who are just coming to their seats 10 minutes late because that's how long they have been in the food hall queues trying to get a skanky burger or hot dog

The best protest would be for nobody to buy anything in the ground it hurts the club a bit, but it hurts the landlords and their suppliers more.

stupot07

which in turn reduces our budget for players
Not by much, we only got c£70k from F&Bs and parking last season, so would reduce our budget by about £43k, I'm an advocate of maximising every penny, but a total boycott of F&Bs (never gonna happen) will have far more of an impact on compass and wasps than it would on us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Not by much, we only got c£70k from F&Bs and parking last season, so would reduce our budget by about £43k, I'm an advocate of maximising every penny, but a total boycott of F&Bs (never gonna happen) will have far more of an impact on compass and wasps than it would on us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

and if it did, surely they would need us even less and look for other tenants that bring them more income ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just heard on the radio there will be another Protest tomorrow. Im not behind it, but fair enough i thought...

I then heard the plan was to encorage fans to stay in the concourse until the 10th minute to show SISU what an emptying ground looks like.

How stupid, for starters, why arent we still getting behind the team??? Secondly, they have already shut the telegraph stand because people stopped turning up, doyou really think they dont know what an empty stand looks like?

Time to stand together and support our team and forget this stupid notion that SISU walking away solves all our problems....
Protest, stay in the Concourse for ten minutes after the kick off . But ill miss all the pre match entertainment . :facepalm:

I know if ONLY. :arghh:

Great_Expectations

Not for me. Noble idea but completing the odd process ad hoc with varying numbers, will raise little publicity or attract much attention - both of which are surely the objectives.

In theory a protest is a good idea, it won't change much in terms of SISU's perspective, but it will raise awareness to our plight and also perhaps shine the light on Wasps and the Council a little. The latter of which has got away with absolute murder.

pastythegreat

and if it did, surely they would need us even less and look for other tenants that bring them more income ?
Because tenants with 20k fans waiting in the wings are just hanging around on trees waiting for wasps to kick us out of the ricoh so they can move in aren't they?!?!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Not for me. Noble idea but completing the odd process ad hoc with varying numbers, will raise little publicity or attract much attention - both of which are surely the objectives.

In theory a protest is a good idea, it won't change much in terms of SISU's perspective, but it will raise awareness to our plight and also perhaps shine the light on Wasps and the Council a little. The latter of which has got away with absolute murder.
Agreed. As much as I'd love a Chinese billionaire to swoop in and transport us to premier league champions (Leicester esque), I don't think sisu are about to walk away and CCC have gotten away with FAR too much. I think protests outside wasps home games or directed at the council are what is needed. All the so called CCFC fans attending wasps games aren't helping. Wasps think they can survive without us?! We need to prove them wrong on every count. If they don't support the club, the city's residents won't support them. and so on.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

rob9872

A protest needs to be well advertised, properly organised and orchestrated with good notice. I would prefer to demonstrate pre kick off. Sing loudly in a packed concourse with nobody in their seats. I don't mean sporadic, but literally nobody. The team walk out to an empty stadium but then we all take our seats. Makes the same point perhaps even gets some tv coverage but then we support the team, make our point and don't miss the bloody match!

Users who are viewing this thread