Oldham Protest (1 Viewer)

Macca

As said 100 s of people only take their seats between 3.10 - 3.40 and 4.10 and 4.40 anyway!

Never quite understood that

ccfcway

Because tenants with 20k fans waiting in the wings are just hanging around on trees waiting for wasps to kick us out of the ricoh so they can move in aren't they?!?!

why would you need tenants with 20,000 fans ?

Surely income from a couple of concerts or major events a year would more than cover what Wasps make out of CCFC ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Surely income from a couple of concerts or major events a year would more than cover what Wasps make out of CCFC ?

Yes probably, but are there many groups that can fill the stadium they can't keep digging Springsteen up;) and is there a limit on concerts in a year.

But on the flip side we are real pain in the arse tenants.

pastythegreat

Because I was replying to a post that insinated we would be turfed out in order to move other tenants in. Other tenants NOT being the odd pop concert here and there.

tenant
ˈtɛnənt/
noun
plural noun: tenants
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.
"council-house tenants"
synonyms: occupant, resident, inhabitant; More
verb
3rd person present: tenants
occupy (property) as a tenant.
"the house was tenanted by his cousin"

Not a one off concert!!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Because I was replying to a post that insinated we would be turfed out in order to move other tenants in.
fair enough. Agreed, it would unlikely that they would get (or want) another sporting team using the venue for 20+ days a year. They would likey use it for larger bespoke events

Terry Gibson's perm

Off topic but drove past The Ricoh yesterday and thought how tatty it looks it is really starting yo show where the builders rushed and bodged it.

Warwickhunt

fair enough. Agreed, it would unlikely that they would get (or want) another sporting team using the venue for 20+ days a year. They would likey use it for larger bespoke events
NEC are ramping up on projects to reinvigorate it and they are starting to play hardball to win all the events in this area, RICOH will have to do some major pricing re-structuring to keep up the flow of external events

letsallsingtogether

Tbf I have taken part in most of these protests.
This is one I am going to give a miss.
This has been done at other clubs going in late or leaving early and brought in some real positive press coverage.
Thing is we haven't got it in us to do it on mass.
Maybe all those doing it need to enter the Arena waving sisu out flags.
Fuck it might give it a go.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Tbf I have taken part in most of these protests.
This is one I am going to give a miss.
This has been done at other clubs going in late or leaving early and brought in some real positive press coverage.
Thing is we haven't got it in us to do it on mass.
Maybe all those doing it need to enter the Arena waving sisu out flags.
Fuck it might give it a go.
Ffs where are you getting six flags from?

Skyblueweeman

... and ruin the weekend ?

Italia, no offence mate, but fuck off with your Wasps loving.

I've got no issue with your views at all as you at least try to put them across succinctly and you can spell and use grammar correctly.

But why be a knob with statements like that when you know that everyone on here bar you hates Wasps?

Turn it off lad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally Midfield

Don't think this is a very good idea at all. What happens if we score an early goal? The protest down at Arsenal was awesome. What's happened to the people who organised that?

Captain Dart

Off topic but drove past The Ricoh yesterday and thought how tatty it looks it is really starting yo show where the builders rushed and bodged it.
Build quality isn't great is it.

chiefdave

Did anyone go, doesn't seem to be any mention of it on twitter and I didn't notice a surge of people coming in after 10 mins.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Pack the ground out for a game protest before, HT & after.
Support the team for the 90 minutes!

Remember how your hairs stood on end during the Gillingham Ricoh return game!? Recreate that atmosphere and passion for the club and do it the right way, that'll draw more attention that a Charlton style boycott that everyone's seen before and doesn't get any real coverage!

Terry Gibson's perm

There seemed to be a few six minutes in which would be about right as we always kick off late

Users who are viewing this thread