one thing the "keep thorn" brigade needs to understand...... (4 Viewers)

Grendel

I don't know why people are so pompous about this. On a forum of football people what do people expect? It's not question time. No one wants thorn to fail but to suggest that anyone wants failure is idiotic. If I'm proved wrong then good, insults are think are fairly limited actually, if we win tomorrow the board will be full of optimism and there will be plenty of smirks saying told you so. We lose and I actually think few will be anti manager. The debate for now is dead. Football fans mostly talk without reason and purely emotion. When black was here Cwr were bombarded with texts saying sack him whenever we lost. Tonight someone said Murphy is the worst keeper in 10 years. Silly. If people want rational debate or universal agreement they have come to the wrong place.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Idiotic opinions are the lifeblood of boards such as this. If we all saw things the same way, and every thread commenced with a view that was agreed with by successive posters, then what a boring place it would be. The key point is to keep the debate respectful and measured. Name calling of one's quarry is equally bad form.

People's alarming views never cease to amaze my though. On CWR this evening, some errant individual had text in to say they thought City would lose tomorrow as they were wary of Forest' 'good form'. They are slap-bang bottom of the form guide. It's like saying Nick Clegg's political career is currently in the ascendency!?!

J

Jack Griffin

CWR tonight was full of classic crap. I can forgive the studio guest, he was a young lad but..

One poster said Platt & Adebola were similar players & Platt was good on the ground, utter nonsense, the only thing they have in common is they're big lads, their game is quite different, Adebola was a much better player in his day.
Another wanted to drop Clarke & make several other changes, for heavens sake he was fine and is the best option at left back for the moment.
Another wanted to try several young players, precisely the opposite of what AT will be doing, he needs some experience on the pitch.

The only change I'd think about would be replacing Baker with Bell if fit, but he finished well vs. Leeds, so I think he earned another run out.

Otis

Well i think we should play more kids and Adebola ... especially with Forest on fire at the moment.

Grendel

One poster said Platt & Adebola were similar players & Platt was good on the ground, utter nonsense, the only thing they have in common is they're big lads, their game is quite different, Adebola was a much better player in his day.

You are right there. He and Mifsud were on fire at the time. Loved the way the clueless Ransom sold him and sneered it was good business for a player with such a poor goalscoring record and then approved £1.6 million to sign Eastwood. And some people are baffled when we shudder that that fool is linked one day with a return to this club.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

strange isn't it. I thought Adebola was one of the worse footballers I have ever seen

I remember watching him play on the wing at Leicester a few seasons ago, which I am convinced was the worst performance Ive ever seen a paid player produce. Which is a profound statement as I clearly remember Julian Darby. And Dean Holdsorth's brief appearance in Sky Blue

Astute

I won't say I told you so. Staying up will be enough for me.

J

Jack Griffin

strange isn't it. I thought Adebola was one of the worse footballers I have ever seen

I saw him rip Marcel Dessaiy & Franck LeBouef apart once in a pre-season friendly at Birmingham. He was past his prime for sure when we got him.

Otis

He was Jeckyll and Hyde, Adebola.

One minute he looked a clown, the next completely unplayable and out of this world. On a good day the bloke was simply unstoppable. Didn't have enough good days though.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

For all his faults, that goal at Blackburn where he Jonah Lomu'd their defence was a belter.

I agree. That was one hell of a day out. As Otis eludes, he didn't produce his very best as often as might be wished. When he did though, he truly was unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread