Our average attendance (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

is the lowest in our football league history (96 years)
9132 average so far that will no doubt continue to plummet

SISU OUT

CJ_covblaze

6400 if you include the cups.

Bob Latchford

As someone pointed out . the whole sorry debacle is a sad state of affairs .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Its a bloody sad state of affairs when the franchise club MK Scum , with a population smaller than Coventry and many of whom do not originate from the locality , have higher average home gates.

skybluesam66

1962 we averaged 10256 at the same level - div 3
2 years later we won the league averaging 26000
roll forward to 1983 in the top flight and back down to 10000 again

football supporters need the chance of winning something - when ever we get a sniff of anything our gates rocket - last season 18k crewe 30k etc
If only our owners could see that - it really isnt rocket science, and particularly at this level

1.5m investment in the team means you need to add around 3000 on to the gate (ie the levels we were at last year)
1.5m additional budget would put us challenging in this league with the potential to go higher and bigger riches
it is not rocket science, it is not a gamble - but our owners really havent got a clue

wingy

1962 we averaged 10256 at the same level - div 3
2 years later we won the league averaging 26000
roll forward to 1983 in the top flight and back down to 10000 again

football supporters need the chance of winning something - when ever we get a sniff of anything our gates rocket - last season 18k crewe 30k etc
If only our owners could see that - it really isnt rocket science, and particularly at this level

1.5m investment in the team means you need to add around 3000 on to the gate (ie the levels we were at last year)
1.5m additional budget would put us challenging in this league with the potential to go higher and bigger riches
it is not rocket science, it is not a gamble - but our owners really havent got a clue
I agree with your thinking and conclusions but I fear your numbers are off.
Think we would need to double current support numbers to achieve that£1.5M.

wingy

This despite the club's best league position for a number of years last season.
Maybe they should have jettisoned TM in Dec/Jan last winter.
Something went off, the sale, the numbers being out, Mowbray definitely didn't exude passion or desire nor much through the summer.
Like his heart went out of it.

percy

i agree on the one hand that we should get up there and support the team, its not as easy as that though, people feel upset, angry and let down with everything that is going on at our club from top to bottom. why should we all just go up there and put up with whatever is happening to us. i dont think anyone is liking staying away especially me but i feel there is little alternative

skybluesam66

1500000 over 25 games = 60k per game
@£15 per ticket if you include additional spend - = 4000 additional people
However , the commercial side would also pick up, spending on other items , potential cup runs etc

Spending to get out of the championship is a gamble
for a club like coventry - spending out of this league should be a no brainer

letsallsingtogether

Won't be the worst next season will be dire.
The atmosphere this season is shit the football is shit.
But I bet some on here will blame shit like NOPM or the fickle fans or the Trust and Telegraph.
But hey I will more then likely still go.

wingy

1500000 over 25 games = 60k per game
@£15 per ticket if you include additional spend - = 4000 additional people
However , the commercial side would also pick up, spending on other items , potential cup runs etc

Spending to get out of the championship is a gamble
for a club like coventry - spending out of this league should be a no brainer
I was going from a historic example from last Jan where the 3K shortfall from Joy equated to £600K top up
That rounds down to just about £9 per league game per ST averaged.

Brylowes

After all that's gone before, I'm honestly surprised we achieve the crowds we do.
Though living away from Cov I find myself Constantly trying to explain our situation
Whenever the Ricoh comes on TV showing swaithes of empty Sky Blue seats.

clint van damme

TBF Clint one person said that yesterday, I don't remember anyone agreeing
With him either.
But don't let that stop you.:)

don't worry I won't! And it was 2 posters, though you're probably right, 1 person!

Plenty keep going on about liquidation though, the fuckin' weapons.

skybluetony176

Won't be the worst next season will be dire.
The atmosphere this season is shit the football is shit.
But I bet some on here will blame shit like NOPM or the fickle fans or the Trust and Telegraph.
But hey I will more then likely still go.

It is funny how NOPM went from being an excuse for people who never went anyway to use for not going, to being the blame for everything. Always got to be a get out of jail free card for SISU somewhere and as the smoking gun JR one has just expired I guess NOPM is the next logical one. It's certainly not SISU's fault anyway ;)

Brylowes

Plenty have said they want us to go bust.
I've heard people saying, this is a slow death & we might as well be put out
Of our misery, pick up the pieces and start again (not my belief by the way)
From scratch free from SISU.
I don't think that equates to hoping the club goes bust. IMHO

Rodders1

They probably haven't got a 'fanbase' full of people who hope they lose and wish they'd go bust.
I'm a season ticket holder and still go. HOWEVER I absolutely understand why people don't go. There's supporting a club that is a bit shit but still trying and there's supporting a club who's owners don't give a fuck. I'm seariously considering my renewal next season.

I applaud everyone on here who say they'll support the club through thick and thin. But I also will not blame anyone who is pissed off with the current state of affairs and have had enough.

This is a forum for people to vent their frustrations, but we are all city fans and should be united with the same feelings that this is a dire situation. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We can blame the managers as they do have a good budget, but I wonder if the money isn't enough - decent players want a stable club surely.

How many years have SISU been here. Do we seriously think they deserve our support and faith now? I have been patient but it's at the tipping point for me now.

Rant over but I'm losing the will to live with our furture (or lack of)!

fernandopartridge

I'm a season ticket holder and still go. HOWEVER I absolutely understand why people don't go. There's supporting a club that is a bit shit but still trying and there's supporting a club who's owners don't give a fuck. I'm seariously considering my renewal next season.

I applaud everyone on here who say they'll support the club through thick and thin. But I also will not blame anyone who is pissed off with the current state of affairs and have had enough.

This is a forum for people to vent their frustrations, but we are all city fans and should be united with the same feelings that this is a dire situation. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We can blame the managers as they do have a good budget, but I wonder if the money isn't enough - decent players want a stable club surely.

How many years have SISU been here. Do we seriously think they deserve our support and faith now? I have been patient but it's at the tipping point for me now.

I've never gone to the match to support SISU, which basically blows the whole NOPM argument away for me. It has NEVER been about supporting the clubs owners.
It's convenient for people who don't like third tier football cos they've got a Sky subscription.

Rodders1

I've never gone to the match to support SISU, which basically blows the whole NOPM argument away for me. It has NEVER been about supporting the clubs owners.
It's convenient for people who don't like third tier football cos they've got a Sky subscription.
Yes I obviously support the club not the owners when I go. As does everyone else i assume?

I suppose I'm basically tipping my hat to everyone who still has any hope. You have the patients of a saint!

Nick

Administrator

I think that is the point that gets missed.

This is how it will go.

"We dont support SISU, we support CCFC".
"CCFC ARE SISU"
"How?"
"SISU own CCFC"
"How does that mean CCFC are SISU?"
"Stop defending them"
"How is it defending them?"
"Are you happy with SISU then?"

Not a single person jumps up and cheers for SISU when we score a goal, it is a myth. I think it is done to make them feel better about starving CCFC of revenue by saying they are starving SISU.

clint van damme

I understand people not wanting to go, I understand people who hate our owners, (I wouldn't understand it if people didn't hate are owners), but I can't understand people wanting us to lose and go bust and I can't understand people slating those that go.
Since I first went in the 70s I have supported CCFC, not sisu, not Derek Robbins, not Brian Richardson, not John Poyton, not Ray Ranson - just CCFC and I'll continue to do so.
And if I do get pissed off enough to knock it on the head, I'll say so, not make up some bullshit excuse.

Rodders1

I think that is the point that gets missed.

This is how it will go.

"We dont support SISU, we support CCFC".
"CCFC ARE SISU"
"How?"
"SISU own CCFC"
"How does that mean CCFC are SISU?"
"Stop defending them"
"How is it defending them?"
"Are you happy with SISU then?"

Not a single person jumps up and cheers for SISU when we score a goal, it is a myth. I think it is done to make them feel better about starving CCFC of revenue by saying they are starving SISU.
No you've missed the point of my post. I'm in awe over how you simply seem to carry on without being depressed about the situation.

I'm not saying that we should definitely be getting promoted next season or the season after. But I see no hope that it will ever happen now.

clint van damme

No you've missed the point of my post. I'm in awe over how you simply seem to carry on without being depressed about the situation.

I'm not saying that we should definitely be getting promoted next season or the season after. But I see no hope that it will ever happen now.

Thing is people carry on in blind hope that one day we'll turn a corner, (not just at CCFC but at all but the handful of clubs who actually achieve anything).

Rational people who wouldn't apply that type illogical of mindset to any other aspect of their life, it's what been a supporter is all about.

Nick

Administrator

It doesn't mean people like it, I hate losing. I hated losing when I was a kid.

I also don't go to support the owners or a limited company, just CCFC, the same CCFC I have done since I was born.

I'd love a Rich Arab to come in and buy us as a play thing and say "Heres 200m, fill your boots, dont worry about paying it back if the gamble fails". It's all well and good saying how SISU should be ploughing loads of money in, but we have seen what happens when the club spends money it doesn't have or generate it's self. Look at what Brighton have done, they have had losses of £25m in the last year, they lost more than they turned over. It's a huge gamble if they don't get promoted off it all isn't it?

Do people really expect anybody other than somebody mega rich or a massive CCFC fan to plough loads of money in and not want it back?

Nick

Administrator
Thing is people carry on in blind hope that one day we'll turn a corner, (not just at CCFC but at all but the handful of clubs who actually achieve anything).

Rational people who wouldn't apply that type illogical of mindset to any other aspect of their life, it's what been a supporter is all about.

That's the thing, people compare it to doing their weekly shop and things like that.

If it was all about winning every week I would have just picked Man Utd or somebody and watched them on Sky Sports.

Rodders1

I understand people not wanting to go, I understand people who hate our owners, (I wouldn't understand it if people didn't hate are owners), but I can't understand people wanting us to lose and go bust and I can't understand people slating those that go.
Since I first went in the 70s I have supported CCFC, not sisu, not Derek Robbins, not Brian Richardson, not John Poyton, not Ray Ranson - just CCFC and I'll continue to do so.
And if I do get pissed off enough to knock it on the head, I'll say so, not make up some bullshit excuse.
What excuses are people using other than being pissed off with the footy or hating the owners out of interest? That's surely the only excuses being used?

It's becoming ridiculous - people who hate SISU (NOPM) I can understand. People who think the football is shite and not worth the ticket price - I understand that. People who still go - I applaud you.

Why the hate amongst fans?

Users who are viewing this thread