Our Run In (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

The final six look winnable.

I look at our fixtures. Football is greater than the sum of its parts.

20 JanASheffield WednesdayChampionship3pm
Mon 22 JanAColeshill TownBirmingham Cup 37.45pm
Fri 26 JanASheffield WednesdayFA Cup 47.45pm
Tue 30 JanHBristol CityChampionship7.45pm
Sat 3 FebANorwich CityChampionship3pm
Sun 11 FebHMillwall
skyf.png
Championship12pm
Wed 14 FebAPlymouth Argyle
skyr.png
Championship7.45pm
Sat 17 FebAStoke CityChampionship3pm
Sat 24 FebHPreston North EndChampionship3pm
Sat 2 MarAWest Bromwich AlbionChampionship3pm
Tue 5 MarHRotherham UnitedChampionship7.45pm
Sat 9 MarAWatfordChampionship3pm
Sat 16 MarHHull CityChampionship3pm
Fri 29 MarAHuddersfield TownChampionship3pm
Mon 1 AprHCardiff CityChampionship3pm
Sat 6 AprHLeeds UnitedChampionship3pm
Tue 9 AprASouthamptonChampionship7.45pm
Sat 13 AprABirmingham CityChampionship3pm
Sat 20 AprHIpswich TownChampionship3pm
Sat 27 AprABlackburn RoversChampionship3pm
Sat 4 MayHQueens Park RangersChampionship3pm

Alkhen

considering top two is out of the question for us I reckon it could play into our hands. The Ideal world would be one of Southampton Leeds and Ipswich to have pulled miles ahead in 2nd place and be on the beach and the other two to be so comfortably clear in the play-offs to the point they are resting players and playing half pace like Boro last season.

slowpoke

considering top two is out of the question for us I reckon it could play into our hands. The Ideal world would be one of Southampton Leeds and Ipswich to have pulled miles ahead in 2nd place and be on the beach and the other two to be so comfortably clear in the play-offs to the point they are resting players and playing half pace like Boro last season.
No it isn’t we have 19 games left all winnable just one game at a time

CBS16

Quick realistic count up in my head I think we'll get to 75 points. Barring someone below us going on a mad run I think that could do it

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Let's not get carried away. Every team has good and poor spells.
Things no doubt are going very well at the moment despite not having dangerous forwards. I would be a lot happier with at least one other option up front, can't keep relying on midfielders and defenders to score.
Last year we had Vik and Gus. We are stronger squad wise but they were phenomenonal in getting to Fifth.

Coventry were very good against Leicester and Leeds away but long way to go yet.

Hobo

The final six look winnable.

I look at our fixtures. Football is greater than the sum of its parts.

20 JanASheffield WednesdayChampionship3pm
Mon 22 JanAColeshill TownBirmingham Cup 37.45pm
Fri 26 JanASheffield WednesdayFA Cup 47.45pm
Tue 30 JanHBristol CityChampionship7.45pm
Sat 3 FebANorwich CityChampionship3pm
Sun 11 FebHMillwall
skyf.png
Championship12pm
Wed 14 FebAPlymouth Argyle
skyr.png
Championship7.45pm
Sat 17 FebAStoke CityChampionship3pm
Sat 24 FebHPreston North EndChampionship3pm
Sat 2 MarAWest Bromwich AlbionChampionship3pm
Tue 5 MarHRotherham UnitedChampionship7.45pm
Sat 9 MarAWatfordChampionship3pm
Sat 16 MarHHull CityChampionship3pm
Fri 29 MarAHuddersfield TownChampionship3pm
Mon 1 AprHCardiff CityChampionship3pm
Sat 6 AprHLeeds UnitedChampionship3pm
Tue 9 AprASouthamptonChampionship7.45pm
Sat 13 AprABirmingham CityChampionship3pm
Sat 20 AprHIpswich TownChampionship3pm
Sat 27 AprABlackburn RoversChampionship3pm
Sat 4 MayHQueens Park RangersChampionship3pm

All fixtures are winnable. But we know points get dropped when you expect to win and you can win when you expect to lose

Strangely enough the fixtures are the same as they were at the start of the season. What changes the landscape is form. Which changes week to week. We also know teams at the bottom can start winning in the last six weeks of the season.

Let's just take a game at a time. It is far too early to look at the run in and make predictions

rob9872

Imagine we'll get nothing at Norwich, WBA and Southampton all away. Shouldn't be scared of anyone at home but hopefully turn more draws into wins and we'll have every chance.

False9

Imagine we'll get nothing at Norwich, WBA and Southampton all away.
I understand being cautious but I don't see why we can't get results in any of those games. Perhaps in the past you write those games off but it's different now.

The run in is very nice upto April, should be looking to build a buffer. Although if we get hit by injuries we could easily be derailed.

I'll go for an optimistic 79 points.

Happy_Martian

Posted this in a previous thread. (Must have used same website as FF with the Coleshill game listed)

Think I worked out we'd end on 75 points. Still too early to say if that is enough or not but it should give us a reasonable chance of playoff football again.
Leeds and Southampton both still have most of their Prem squads and are strengthening so I can't see us getting anything from either, home or away. And we always struggle against WBA and Norwich. So 4 defeats out of the last 19 league games.
4 of my chosen 5 draws are away so I'm counting home ground advantage for the opposition. Only Ipswich at home is my other draw.
Every other game is winnable if we play to our best.

1705533321600.png

Happy_Martian

For those that want to try, The Fishy Website has a fixture calculator.

Just chose Coventry and let the system work out all the other fixtures. And using my predictions, this is the end result. (don't know how Cov got 2 more points on the predictor than my own calculations)

Playoff semi-finals
Southampton vs West Brom
Leeds vs Coventry

1705533951684.png

skyblue025

i honestly can't see Ipswich maintaining their 1st 1/2 of the season form. I'd have Leeds and Saints to finish above them. For us 5th or 6th place is definitely achievable.

Astute

76 needed. Hope I’m wrong.
Can't see it myself.

The top 6 are all form sides. Only Leicester lost their last game. Only Ipswich scored less than 3 goals.....other than Leicester 😂😂😂

7th and downwards are struggling a bit. If results continue as they have been lately the top 6 will soon have a gap. Our closest rivals in the table below us don't even have a striker.

A few sides below have signed players that could change their season. But the new signings would need to hit the ground running and that's easier said than done. They're all on track for 70 points or less.

But anything can still happen. It would be awesome if Ipswich could beat Leicester. The other 4 clubs in the top 6 have very winnable games. If it happens Leicester would have dropped 6 points on the 5 sides below them and their lead would be down to 4 points and 7 points. A big drop from 10 points and 13 points. Wouldn't be surprised if they imploded. They're not happy as it is. World class Leicester losing 2 on the bounce.

Would get the popcorn ready for the post match deluded comments 😂

CJ_covblaze

Should be worth noting that at this stage last season 6th place had a point more than we do now. This indicates that it could be quite a low total again that gets play offs.

rob9872

Can't see it myself.

The top 6 are all form sides. Only Leicester lost their last game. Only Ipswich scored less than 3 goals.....other than Leicester 😂😂😂

7th and downwards are struggling a bit. If results continue as they have been lately the top 6 will soon have a gap. Our closest rivals in the table below us don't even have a striker.

A few sides below have signed players that could change their season. But the new signings would need to hit the ground running and that's easier said than done. They're all on track for 70 points or less.

But anything can still happen. It would be awesome if Ipswich could beat Leicester. The other 4 clubs in the top 6 have very winnable games. If it happens Leicester would have dropped 6 points on the 5 sides below them and their lead would be down to 4 points and 7 points. A big drop from 10 points and 13 points. Wouldn't be surprised if they imploded. They're not happy as it is. World class Leicester losing 2 on the bounce.

Would get the popcorn ready for the post match deluded comments 😂
Beat em in the play offs, lovely 😍

Brighton Sky Blue

If we keep up the form of around 2 points a game we’ve had since going to this system we get 78 points. If it went down to 1.5 we end up on the magic 69.

JSL

Looking at the table, we have lost a relatively low number of games compared to others but the amount of games drawn is our Achilles heel. If we had won a few of those we would be flying. Not losing games is always a good attribute but we need to stop drawing so many to be in with a chance

Chris1987

Looking at the table, we have lost a relatively low number of games compared to others but the amount of games drawn is our Achilles heel. If we had won a few of those we would be flying. Not losing games is always a good attribute but we need to stop drawing so many to be in with a chance
It was the change of formation , the settling in of the many new players and the return of COH 2hich really kick started things. We also went from a side not converting chances to one scoring plenty. The form since that happened is right up there with the best in this league. We have a quality first team and a decent bench which is only going to get stronger with a couple of January additions. I'm confident that we will comfortable make the play offs as those near and around us don't have the depth we have.

Users who are viewing this thread