Ozark - Netflix (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Is it a follow on or completely different like Fargo?

Otis

Look forward to it! Might re watch the old ones
Yeah, same. Just saw the trailer and had forgotten about a couple of characters.

Have a feeling this might be better than the first series now the premise is all set out and if I remember correctly, wasn't the big Mafia boss now stepping up to the plate?

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Nice one. Really liked first season ! Ps If anyone’s not watched it try Operation Odessa on Netflix...one of the best things I’ve seen on there but hardly anyone has seen it !

Otis

Not saying I am keen or anything, but it's supposed to be streaming from today and I checked at 5 to 4, quarter past 4, 5am, 5.45am, 6.15am, 6.45am and 7.25am and it's not available yet.

:)

Otis

Still can't watch it!

It finally came up as available, but I keep getting 'unable to play this title right now'.

Grrr!!!

Nick

Administrator
Added them into Sickbeard and they will all be downloaded for tonight! Have Netflix but it's easier to have them local so I can watch them anywhere :)

Otis

SPOILERS

Now I'm expecting it to be 'very' impressive. What if it is merely impressive? I can't believe you've done this.
I was going to put 'I wasn't expecting Marty's wife to die so soon impressive', but went against it as I felt it gave just a little bit too much away.

Nick

Administrator
On the fifth one now.

First one was a bit annoying as there was no recap so had to figure out who was who again.

Otis

On the fifth one now.

First one was a bit annoying as there was no recap so had to figure out who was who again.
Yeah, same. Forgot about the priest/preacher for starters.

Definitely needed a recap.

I'm on episode 4.

hill83

Don't watch episode two where Ruby dies. All a bit dull after the initial bloodbath.

Netflix is churning out spoilers as well. The age rating bit that it shows at the top gave away a huge bit of information under the guise of a warning for the content of the episode.

Otis

Netflix is churning out spoilers as well. The age rating bit that it shows at the top gave away a huge bit of information under the guise of a warning for the content of the episode.
Yeah, but they put that same thing up every episode, so it says someone is going to get their tits blown off, but it hardly ever happens.

ajsccfc

Watched the first two episodes, I hope they're not all going to follow the same routine of new problem > Bird family plumb new depths of morality > problem solved

The Langmore dad has to be getting killed by his daughter at some point

Nick

Administrator
It does follow that pattern
Watched the first two episodes, I hope they're not all going to follow the same routine of new problem > Bird family plumb new depths of morality > problem solved

The Langmore dad has to be getting killed by his daughter at some point

Otis

Yeah.

Just finished watching it. Enjoyed it, but didn't quite reach the heights of the first series and that pattern does grate a little and the ...........
Mason episode just seemed superfluous and a bit daft to me.

Still, I'll be looking forwards to season 3 if it happens.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't want to leave any spoilers but I felt a bit cheated by the ending, invested loads of time and then its "is that it?". Left far too much open to make sure they get another series.

Otis

I didn't want to leave any spoilers but I felt a bit cheated by the ending, invested loads of time and then its "is that it?". Left far too much open to make sure they get another series.
I didn't feel cheated, but then I sort of expected it to be ending that way by about the 7th episode.

And once again, there definitely was too much 'ooh, this problem's just come up' only to then have it sorted that episode, and then have in the next episode 'Right, that's sorted, but now this one's come up' etc. Also felt the emancipation stuff was a bit dull and unwarranted. Quite funny really. Not sure if it was deliberate, but she ditched her own dysfunctional family to go and spend time with the world's most dysfunctional family. I missed the great baddie they had in Del from the first series too. In season two the female attorney just didn't cut it in the menace department.

Users who are viewing this thread