Transfer Rumour Palmer to Norwich (1 Viewer)

Grendel

PVA lives in a goodies v baddies world

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah his black and white comment to me was so lacking in self awareness

ProfessorbyGrace

When COH returns, and with Tatsu as a back up, and Ayari being deployed as a ‘10’ rather than an ‘8’ already, would Palmer truly be missed?
Personally, despite being of the opinion that he’s a talented, technical player, his lack of actual assists, tracking back and his mediocre fitness (that prevent him from contributing consistently for more than an hour) don’t actually convince me that he’s an integral part of the first team. 🤷‍♂️

Grendel

In your world it's perfectly acceptable to criticise Palmer, but absolute blasphemy to criticise Bidwell. Then you and Grendel complain about 'goodies v baddies'. It's very odd.

Your cousin liked your post

South West Sky Blue

When COH returns, and with Tatsu as a back up, and Ayari being deployed as a ‘10’ rather than an ‘8’ already, would Palmer truly be missed?
Personally, despite being of the opinion that he’s a talented, technical player, his lack of actual assists, tracking back and his mediocre fitness (that prevent him from contributing consistently for more than an hour) don’t actually convince me that he’s an integral part of the first team. 🤷‍♂️
I take your point, as ACM appears to be our best position for numbers (I see Sakamoto as as an ACM) but I’ve always rated Palmer so highly. I think every team would miss him.

You can give him the ball and he’ll look after it so much better than anyone else. He’s a class above.

His work rate is good as well. I’ve only seen him life a few times, but the Bristol City away game last year - he was the hardest working player (I know he could have had a point to prove).

The only criticism I feel you could justifiably lay against him is his injury / fitness record.

clint van damme

However, until the former regains fitness, (ditto Allen), and the latter 2 get up to speed I don't think it would make sense to let him go in this window.

PVA

However, until the former regains fitness, (ditto Allen), and the latter 2 get up to speed I don't think it would make sense to let him go in this window.

Yes I think whatever he's worth to us right now is far more than anyone would be willing to pay, so I don't see him leaving.

Hobo

Not an easy thing to convince the management team when he is second fiddle to a fully fit Jamie Allen
That is just top bitching from a top bitch. Who backed Kenny Jacket over MR and also carped on about how we should not have sold JCH , who was rubbish for us and a LGE 1 striker at best. His stats are bolstered by penalties

skybluetom

I wouldn't want him to go. He fades badly in games, and you know he's gonna get injured missing large chunks of the season, but without him we're desperately short at 10. Who knows if O'Hare is gonna come back the player he was, and it'll be months before he's back upto speed in any event. The jury is still out on Tats (or even if he's a 10 in any case), and Allen isn't a regular in that position at Championship level in my opinion.

Finham

The Palmer has loads of natural ability is over estimated for me.

Not saying he has no ability, but does he display stand out technique when shooting and striking a ball, not for me.

Does he have great technique and accuracy when passing a ball, not for me.
I mean, the back-flick was literally our most skilful moment in years...

Finham

1) We don't know if COH will be the same player and if he is, it will take time to get up to pace.
2) Tatsu isn't really a AMC, we're shoe-horning him in there as he can do a job but is really a winger who can play WB.
3) Ayari clearly isn't a 10, MR needs to pick him alongside Sheaf with licence.

He's our best player for that role at the moment, we'd be mad to get rid given the churn. But some people have never liked him and are desperate to get rid. I'd rather reduce change for the sake of it, we've transformed the squad enough.

fernandopartridge

Personally, despite being of the opinion that he’s a talented, technical player, his lack of actual assists, tracking back and his mediocre fitness (that prevent him from contributing consistently for more than an hour) don’t actually convince me that he’s an integral part of the first team.
Similar to me. I also think, as evidenced very clearly in 3 of the 4 opening games, that his lack of stamina creates a massive gap in our midfield that opposition teams get at, particularly in the second half of matches as he tires.

Evo1883

Similar to me. I also think, as evidenced very clearly in 3 of the 4 opening games, that his lack of stamina creates a massive gap in our midfield that opposition teams get at, particularly in the second half of matches as he tires.

Opponents do have more space on the edge of the area that they never have as much with let's say allen or O hare on the pitch , simply because they both drop deeper almost into a 3 .

I like kasey but I can definitely see the argument that he leaves us more vulnerable ... he'd ideally be best as an impact sub

NorthernWisdom

Opponents do have more space on the edge of the area that they never have as much with let's say allen or O hare on the pitch , simply because they both drop deeper almost into a 3 .

I like kasey but I can definitely see the argument that he leaves us more vulnerable ... he'd ideally be best as an impact sub
Don't disagree, but given his rumoured wages he's a very expensive impact sub.

Ccfcisparks

Tough one. Earlier in the window and I'd be happy letting him go for a couple of million. If we had Allen and O'Hare fit its an easier decision too.

Finham

Or as one of two 10's behind a ST. Especially if one of them is COH. Probably going to be a rare sight with the amount we've spent on strikers!

Ccfcisparks

Can't wait for O' Hare to come back , we will be a different team if he comes back sharp
My fear with him is that its either gonna take him a while to get back to where he was, or he may never get back to where he was. Only encouraging thing is that with Jodi Jones it looks like he's gradually getting back to where he was before his injuries.

Reactions: PVA

PVA

Can't wait for O' Hare to come back , we will be a different team if he comes back sharp

Definitely, going to take him a while though isn't it. Few minutes off the bench here and there to start with, slowly building it up.

Hopefully we'll see him able to start before the end of the year.

Calista

Surely we were at least as vulnerable towards the end of the game on Saturday (after Palmer went off) as we had been at any previous stage of the match?

fernandopartridge

Surely we were at least as vulnerable towards the end of the game on Saturday (after Palmer went off) as we had been at any previous stage of the match?
Though some of that was due to the lack of workrate in his replacement and us pushing for a winner, whereas my comparison was more against O'Hare

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

And also I think the reason Sheaf/Eccles seemed to tire more v Sunderland.

It's a real dilemma for me as he's such an exciting player (the dummy to throw the last defender on his run from the touchline really was sublime), but if Robins is going to play 2 up top, I feel he does leave us exposed out of possession.

Also, had a quick look on Transfermarkt and think he only played the full match in a winning side once last season and only scored 1 meaningful goal. Only 6 x 90 mins in 22 starts and his track record indicates that's fairly typical :unsure:

Skybluedownunder

I think with the current situation of O’Hare still in training, Allen still not anywhere near ready for full 90 mins, Ayari still gelling with the team etc, I think we would be absolutely stupid to sell Palmer for anything under £5 million. People will say he’s not worth that but in our current situation with the transfer deadline looming we’re in no position to be selling our main attacking midfielder atm, unless we have a replacement ready to be signed in which case fair enough.

I’m sorry but IMO Palmer is not worth anymore than £750k
He is too injury prone to be worth anymore than that. Has some nice touches but not a reliable player that’s gunna play 40 matches a season.
Over the last few years his career has been start stop, you can see there’s something there but it’s not firing all cylinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

I do like Palmer but the sooner he’s not starting week in week out the better off we’ll be

o hare is much better

I am very much looking forward to seeing him come back, I really hope we don’t have another Jodi Jones on our hands cause he’s such a talent.

He’s so electrifying, I just hope he can start to add Goals and Assists to his game because that’s where Palmer has one over on him currently.

skybluecam

2) Tatsu isn't really a AMC, we're shoe-horning him in there as he can do a job but is really a winger who can play WB.
I struggle to believe Robins has sanctioned an almost £2m signing on a player who doesn’t fit our system and will be “shoehorned” into either attacking midfield or a wingback. He’s clearly going to compete to start in one of those spots.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I am very much looking forward to seeing him come back, I really hope we don’t have another Jodi Jones on our hands cause he’s such a talent.

He’s so electrifying, I just hope he can start to add Goals and Assists to his game because that’s where Palmer has one over on him currently.

If Callum does add goals to he's game, then that's another 20+ million in the bank.

Bertola

I'm not so sure Palmer does have one over Cal in those areas.

O'Hare actually got more assists in the league than him last season according to transfermarkt, and it's not as if Palmer scored a load either

Users who are viewing this thread