Pearson signs (3 Viewers)

fatso

Good signing. I'd like to see him on the bench tomorrow, would be good cover for Willis who has never convinced me he's a centre half.

Astute

I agree, but i wasn't being negative to be fair, i think its the right way to go forward with him. Others will find ways to look at the negative side due to the right he has to walk away .
I do agree with you. But we all know what will happen if he does well and walks away.

Look at the Dublin fiasco. He was a free agent. They got him to sign a new contract. As soon as he did they tried their best to sell him when he wanted to stay. He chose a local club because he didn't want to move. He got lots of shit for it. He refused to play in a cup tie the day before he was due to leave. Why would he risk a serious injury like he had previously had. He got lots of shit for it and there are still some who hate him for it. And he was one of our best players ever.

better days

I guess he's not been getting paid while on trial so it's probably a reasonable short term solution
Of course if he does really well there's a risk he could be poached away
Which is countered by the chance that he won't regain full fitness any time soon

Alkhen

Much less of a gamble on him if he has issues with injuries.

Should have done this with Reda Johnson ;)

Im pretty sure they floated that with Redas agent but they went for the security of a 2 year deal at the moneybags conference club , can't blame the guy as lower league footballer is a brief career where you have to maximise your earnings

vow

Look at the Dublin fiasco. He was a free agent. They got him to sign a new contract. As soon as he did they tried their best to sell him when he wanted to stay. He chose a local club because he didn't want to move. He got lots of shit for it. He refused to play in a cup tie the day before he was due to leave. Why would he risk a serious injury like he had previously had. He got lots of shit for it and there are still some who hate him for it. And he was one of our best players ever.
Perfectly explained, Astute, regarding Dublin.
You gotta add on the book that came out around that time too, where the author had access to City for a season(?) and where Fergie had talked about Dion's length, being the longest in the shower! I believe Dublin took exception to it being sold in the club shop at HR at the time? (it could be complete bollocks though, spun by Richardson to make Dublin look bad).

Nick

Administrator
Non-contract? That's the sort of deal you'd expect in a sweat shop. What a total disgrace these club owners are. Still, I expect they need the money to finance their ongoing court attack on the City of Coventry.

No wonder they've sold only 400 season tickets. NOPM.

This one is a belter. It goes from completely mis-understanding the reasoning behind it to just straight up making things up.

Nick

Administrator
Don't say this very often but perfectly played by the club.

giphy.gif

;) :)

ccfcway

Last thing we need is An injured player on the books for two years, he gets fit, plays and will get a contract.

So many times we suggest on here a version of a "pay as you play" would be ideal, and in this case, it completely is. Very minimal risk

JulianDarbyFTW

We don't even know if he's any good

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tbf, the Barnet supporters said he was possibly their best player. I mean, Barnet probably haven't been blessed with too many decent players in recent history, but that's still a good measuring stick when looking at L2.

Astute

Last thing we need is An injured player on the books for two years, he gets fit, plays and will get a contract.

So many times we suggest on here a version of a "pay as you play" would be ideal, and in this case, it completely is. Very minimal risk
I agree as long as he is offered a contract if all goes well.

A player out of contract can sign for any club at any time. They don't have to wait for the transfer window to open. All it would take is a club to get a few injuries. And if he is playing well he would be a good target. Match fit and not contracted.

Hobo

Seems sensible considering he hasn't proved his fitness yet.

lifeskyblue

Good move for all concerned. Pearson gets opportunity; we get a player who is injury prone. Yes a risk he might walk at any time weighed against he might not be fit to play.
In this case I think the club has got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Good move for all concerned. Pearson gets opportunity; we get a player who is injury prone. Yes a risk he might walk at any time weighed against he might not be fit to play.

lets face it, there is considerably more chance that he wont be able to walk at all due to injury than there is him walking to another club.

He's 24 years old and made 23 senior appearances

skyblueinBaku

This one is a belter. It goes from completely mis-understanding the reasoning behind it to just straight up making things up.
Where is that quote from, Nick? The loonies on the CT comments, I suppose.

Great_Expectations

Seems a sensible decision on paper.

I'm sure when it all goes wrong and he leaves for nothing it'll be seen as a stupid one by most, but if he gets injured and we terminate his contract without a fee and free up wages, the initial pragmatism and sense won't be recognised.

As for Pearson himself, when he's actually fit he's been rated by his respective clubs, so let's hope for once we are the club someone joins and avoids injury as opposed to the usual story when players join us.

Adge

I do agree with you. But we all know what will happen if he does well and walks away.

Just for information-Dublin didn't refuse to play in the cup tie against Luton. It was Aston Villa who were about to sign him didn't want him cup tied.

Users who are viewing this thread