Phil Townsend inquest (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
You would have thought that if it was slanderous it would be taken down. Not sure on the laws of it exactly but you would think if there wasn't even a hint of truth it wouldn't be online like that would it?

Nick

Administrator
This is strange:

Coun Lucas denied under oath seeing or moving medicine boxes from Mr Townshend’s house, but admits she tampered with the scene by cleaning. A mat was removed from the scene before police arrived.

Why on earth would you think to start cleaning if you have just found a body?

After watching Line of Duty, I don't know what to think about that!

jimmyhillsfanclub

The old bag Lucas likes to keep a very close eye on some things doesn't she....

...at the death scene "cleaning" before the police arrived.....WTF?

chiefdave

Posted about this in another thread, its all very odd.

Consultant says Townshend died from collapse in shower with heart disease, & cocktail of painkillers and antidepressants contributed.

Council leader Ann Lucas now called to give evidence at Inquest into death of late deputy Phil Townshend. denies on oath seeing or moving medicine boxes from Late deputy Phil Townshend's house when dead. Admits she tampered with the scene by cleaning and a mat was removed before the police arrived.

Police tell inquest Townshend left 'last will' note & all financial material "oddly" neat together.

Daughter of late dep council leader, Kirstie Logan, claims he was very stressed & that would have contributed to death. Says council leader Ann Lucas told her painkillers were binned at scene of death.

Lucas was at Townshend's home scene of death before police arrived. She denies moving pills but admits 'cleaning'.

The police seem to imply it was suicide. If thats the case why was Lucas there? Then you add in that painkillers played a part and Lucas admits removing them from the scene. Something very wrong about this.

chiefdave

Also, what's your first response when you find a dead body? Mine would be phone the police, phoning the leader of the council to come round and clean seems an odd response.

And if she had time to take the call, go round there and clean before the emergency services arrived how long did they wait to call someone else?

Nick

Administrator
Also, what's your first response when you find a dead body? Mine would be phone the police, phoning the leader of the council to come round and clean seems an odd response.

And if she had time to take the call, go round there and clean before the emergency services arrived how long did they wait to call someone else?

Didn't they both go in and find the body? I think that was what was said at the time.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The way I read it, Ruane & Lucas were both present.....Ruane found the body.....and called Lucas into the bathroom to have a look....

This is all Bizarre as fuck

Nick

Administrator
No idea, but why were either of them there and how did they get in? Was it a shared house?

Councillors have been told Coun Townshend’s body was found at his Allesley Village home on October 15 this year by council leader Ann Lucas and leading Labour colleague, councillor Ed Ruane, after they had obtained the keys to his home after reports he had been mysteriously unobtainable.

They obtained his house keys.

Nick

Administrator
IT says ‘self sourced’ morphine too, bit dodgy.

why on earth would a mat be removed?

Surely, as a council leader more questions would / should be asked? If I was to find a dead body and then do a spring clean in their house, the police would be all over me surely?

Terry Gibson's perm

Lucas reminds me of a Bond villain she seems to appear wherever problems are.

Nick

Administrator
Makes ab it more sense now:

Mr Townshend’s daughter Kirstie Logan said Coun Lucas told her in a phone call that the painkillers had been binned, saying: “I spoke to Ann. She said ‘don’t worry about it. There were some painkillers. They were in the bin.”
Coun Lucas, giving evidence, denied under questioning from Warwickshire coroner Sean McGovern, that she had moved any drugs paraphernalia, but accepted moving the rug and cleaning vomit.

This bit though:

the inquest heard Mr Townshend would sleep with a knife under the pillow, or in a bedroom drawer.

She explained she had done some ‘cleaning’ so that Mr Townshend’s daughter would not have to see upsetting things on her return.

chiefdave

Still seems suss to me. For all Lucas knew it could have been suspicious. Any idiot knows you don't start messing around until the police give the OK.

Nick

Administrator
Still seems suss to me. For all Lucas knew it could have been suspicious. Any idiot knows you don't start messing around until the police give the OK.

Yeah it is still dodgy, but just not as dodgy!

The knife under the pillow bit is a bit strange too.

We also revealed that Coventry council in November told us in response to our enquiries that £8,200 of city taxpayers’ money would be spent on the rare civil funeral and reception which took place at Coventry Cathedral.

Nick

Administrator
It is very strange though how there was a will, and all his stuff in order to make it easy for the family just before he had loads of drugs?

Philosorapter

It is very strange though how there was a will, and all his stuff in order to make it easy for the family just before he had loads of drugs?

Is there more information on where the last will note was left in the kitchen?

fernandopartridge

Sounds to me like Lucas may have expected something to be wrong with PT. Otherwise, why would you visit his house rather than go through an intermediary like his daughter? (though that might have happened anyway tbf).

Nick

Administrator
Is it strange that her best friend gets appointed as her deputy or is that common? *genuine question*

Nick

Administrator
Sounds to me like Lucas may have expected something to be wrong with PT. Otherwise, why would you visit his house rather than go through an intermediary like his daughter? (though that might have happened anyway tbf).

The bloke slept with a knife under his pillow and had loads of drugs in his system with some self prescribed and sourced, seems a bit far from normal.

He had his will out and ready. Unless he just knew that it was going to happen then I guess? Some people seem to know when it is happening.

Still, aside from all the council stuff and dodginess that happened around it / the council / debts etc. A woman has lost her dad :( Let's not forget that side of it!

Nick

Administrator
The 2 stories don't match:

The inquest at Leamington Justice Centre also heard that Coventry council leader Ann Lucas who, along with fellow Labour councillor Ed Ruane had discovered him dead at his home, moved a rug and ‘mess’ including sick before police arrived.

After she and Coun Ruane discovered the body and police arrived, she asked if she could remove a mat that Mr Townshend had been sick onto.
“I asked a police officer if it was alright to remove the mat as I didn’t want Kirstie to see it,” she said.

I guess we will see if one gets taken down? Surely if the 1st is false it will be libellous?

Captain Dart

Pretty clear he was under a lot of stress with this money situation & all, exactly how that came about is another matter.

Stress can explain all manner of bizarre behaviours, I'm sure we've all seen it or even experienced it to some degree.

Users who are viewing this thread