Phil Townsend inquest (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

If you have power of attorney and undertake equity release surely that money goes to the person whose house it is, not your own pocket.

armybike

Sounds a bit dodgy

Thankfully the police's criteria for deciding if there has been any wrongdoing goes further than it "sounds a bit dodgy".

armybike

Hopefully it's a bit better than the councils ethics committee.

I'd thought you only donned the tinfoil hat around CCFC matters, but seems you're also happy to do so whilst questioning the integrity of the police and their ability to do their job. Well done.

Grendel

I'd thought you only donned the tinfoil hat around CCFC matters, but seems you're also happy to do so whilst questioning the integrity of the police and their ability to do their job. Well done.

You seem very defensive on this issue?

The police I thought hadn't completed the investigation had they?

Wasn't a complaint also made to the SRA about his conduct?

chiefdave

Have I got this right: Townsend took out a mortgage on someone else's (not a relative?) house using power of attorney. For some reason the money ended up in his account. A complaint was made to the police and an investigation started but they didn't bother to speak with Townsend?

Seems odd to me, he'd be the first person on my list to talk to. Hopefully the money has returned to the right person and there isn't some elderly person in fear of losing their house.

I'd thought you only donned the tinfoil hat around CCFC matters
says the person take screen captures of Les Reids twitter and saving them :D

Nick

Administrator
I haven't questioned the police have I?

Grendel

It's also worth pointing out that his law firm was liquidated with over £300,000 unpaid tax bills according to reports.

Also it's suggested taxpayers paid for his funeral and civic reception.

armybike

says the person take screen captures of Les Reids twitter and saving them

Oh dear, oh dear! Reid's decision to misrepresent what was said in court doesn't make me a conspiracy theorist.

armybike

I haven't questioned the police have I?

Despite the police concluding no wrongdoing has occurred, you've said it "sounds a bit dodgy".

Grendel

If there's been no wrongdoing how can it be dodgy?

When Mr Townshend passed away the CET published a couple of tributes.

One was from Simon Gilbert. The other was from some chap called Mike Bray.

Fancy a game of anagrams?

armybike

I said it sounded it, go away with your trying to play on words it's getting boring.

Was it the bbc reporting he's been fully cleared?

Trying to play word games?! You said it sounded dodgy despite no wrongdoing having been found. Which part of that is playing word games?

Nick

Administrator
Trying to play word games?! You said it sounded dodgy despite no wrongdoing having been found. Which part of that is playing word games?
Yes, it does sound dodgy. Whether it is or not, I don't know.

Where's it saying about fully cleared / case closed etc? It sounds dodgy because he wasn't ever spoken to. Would he have been now if still alive?

I had somebody smash into me on an off road bike once, he got taken away in an ambulance, it was on cctv, 3 people named him. I got a letter saying that they couldn't find who it was.

That was dodgy also.

I don't know the full facts of this, which is why I said it sounded dodgy, not a full on positive statement saying it was.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

Got to say I'm following this story with some interest.

This is why the ideas of common law in England and Wales sucks so much.

chiefdave

Have to say if someone took out a mortgage on my parents house without their knowledge which was later reported to the police who didn't even bother to speak to the person in question I would be far from happy.

Grendel

The police dropped the investigation after his death.

They haven't said there was no wrong doing have they.

Stop lying.

eastwoodsdustman

No wrongdoing was found as they didn't carry out their warrant and certainly didn't follow up on their main line of enquiry by not interviewing the person concerned.Say what you like but it stinks to high heaven.

armybike

Where's it saying about fully cleared / case closed etc? It sounds dodgy because he wasn't ever spoken to. Would he have been now if still alive?

It said during the article on CWR this morning that it had been concluded there would be no further action following all the relevant parties having been liaised with.

Surely as it's a financial matter, the paperwork/figures would be the most relevant matters to check?

Even if someone is interviewed they don't have to answer the questions.

armybike

Have to say if someone took out a mortgage on my parents house without their knowledge which was later reported to the police who didn't even bother to speak to the person in question I would be far from happy.

So what about if they interview the person and they answer no comment?

Grendel

It said during the article on CWR this morning that it had been concluded there would be no further action following all the relevant parties having been liaised with.

Surely as it's a financial matter, the paperwork/figures would be the most relevant matters to check?

Even if someone is interviewed they don't have to answer the questions.

There cannot be further criminal action as the person who was being investigated is now deceased.

There is still a private claim going through though and the person on the other side of this argument - through a disguised voice - gave a very emotional and heartfelt interview on CWR

The daughter of Mr Townshend was less than forthcoming or convincing in my view.

Your suggestion she is e mailed to provide an explanation is bizarre in the extreme.

Grendel

So what about if they interview the person and they answer no comment?

Many murderers have said no comment when accused. You are losing it.

Nick

Administrator
There cannot be further criminal action as the person who was being investigated is now deceased.

There is still a private claim going through though and the person on the other side of this argument - through a disguised voice - gave a very emotional and heartfelt interview on CWR

The daughter of Mr Townshend was less than forthcoming or convincing in my view.

Your suggestion she is e mailed to provide an explanation is bizarre in the extreme.
What did the lady say? I'll have a listen tomorrow.

Worrying she needs a disguised voice though?

Last edited:

armybike

Better stop interviewing people then in case they just say no comment. They can still pick up on body language, reactions etc.

What's body language got to do with it?

Someone scratches their eyebrow twice, yes not once - twice, so they're definitely bang to rights!?

Philosorapter

Assumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Would be an idea to have;

Innocence - when you can prove your not guilty.
Not Proven - when you can't prove your innocence or guilty

These are not guilty verdicts but are different.

And of course Guilty - where your guilt can be proven.

It saves the anomaly in the press where a person says.. Well they haven't been convicted of crime so they must be innocent.

I shudder when I hear that usually. It points to a system of thinking that I believe is common of persons on the fringes of the political spectrums, 'If it's not illegal then it's ethically okay to do what I do.'

No it's not. Its just that there are no laws up at the moment to protect society from you.

How about, 'If all of society does this, what would happen. Would society be better or worse off?'

We can't put laws up for everything. Its unworkable. We also enjoy Liberty so we shouldn't say everything is illegal unless regulated for.

I just find it scary that the mantra is being repeated all time by a lot of people in, or around, political parties.

It's worrying.

Last edited:

armybike

Ok, police don't look and judge on that either.

"Right we've got nothing to actually link him evidentially - but he looks dodgy and did you see his body language in interview?"

"Yep, another case solved, crack open the whisky!"

Nick

Administrator
"Right we've got nothing to actually link him evidentially - but he looks dodgy and did you see his body language in interview?"

"Yep, another case solved, crack open the whisky!"
Yes, because I said everything revolves around it didn't I? I said even if they say no comment you can read the body language and reactions.

armybike

Yes, because I said everything revolves around it didn't I? I said even if they say no comment you can read the body language and reactions.

Right, and what purpose does that serve? How can that be used? How would it impact on an investigation?

Nick

Administrator
Right, and what purpose does that serve? How can that be used? How would it impact on an investigation?

Maybe you can email the police who carry out training in reading body language and ask them?

Just hope you are this defensive about your football team come August.

Users who are viewing this thread