Philosophical qustions (1 Viewer)

AGSB15

Why has Guinness got just one taste unlike Lager which has many ?

Guinness is a brand name, like Carling or Becks. Guinness is a stout whereas Carling or Becks are lagers. Murphy's is also a stout. Guinness and Murphy's are a different taste of stout just as Carling and Becks (and many more) are a different tasting lagers.

I think this what what you were asking..... I've actually confused myself a bit now reading that back but I think you know what I mean

Johnnythespider

I like Guinness but it always tastes the same. Yet Lager varies as Fosters has a different taste to Carling,and Carlsberg different to Skol.One of lifes mysteries !
I believe the answer to this is that Guinness is just one of many stouts with varying flavours, but because of its brand domination it's the only one many places stock. Anybody remember Murphy's ? Or going back even further Mackeson ?

bringbackrattles

Guinness is a brand name, like Carling or Becks. Guinness is a stout whereas Carling or Becks are lagers. Murphy's is also a stout. Guinness and Murphy's are a different taste of stout just as Carling and Becks (and many more) are a different tasting lagers.

I think this what what you were asking..... I've actually confused myself a bit now reading that back but I think you know what I mean
Never had Murphy's only Guinness but you may be right if that's a stout. I like the fact you get a good head on a Guinness but many Lagers look and taste flat.

Johnnythespider

Beat me to it ;)

lifeskyblue

Rattles get yourself to a real ale pub that has lots of guest beers. Occasionally they have a guest stout (especially autumn and winter months) but not always. I had a lovely pint of a stout...think it was called Corvus earlier in the year. Alternatively go to a large supermarket and you may find a stout or two in bottles (not so good but ok) on the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

I believe the answer to this is that Guinness is just one of many stouts with varying flavours, but because of its brand domination it's the only one many places stock. Anybody remember Murphy's ? Or going back even further Mackeson ?

Beamish also
All decent beers If they're well kept.

J

Jack Griffin

Here is a practical experiment in philosophical thinking
COfEV8KWUAAfMMg.jpg

simonregis

You see it is a conspiracy after all. All these and more questions could be answered with a simple sip of Murphy's hense it's disappearance.

Otis

Okay. If God created the world and he is eternal and has always been, what was he doing for the trillions and trillions and trillions of years before he decided to create earth?

There's only so much daytime TV you can watch before being totally bored surely?

Oh, and do you think he has all the Homes Under the Hammer boxsets?

stupot07

I haven't had southern comfort in years and completely forgotten what it tastes like. Is it nice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

I haven't had southern comfort in years and completely forgotten what it tastes like. Is it nice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Isn't it what ladies drink when they've finished their wine ?

Users who are viewing this thread