Philosophical qustions (1 Viewer)

wingy

I haven't had southern comfort in years and completely forgotten what it tastes like. Is it nice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It might as well be treacle.

Otis

What is the point of slow acting poisons?

If I want someone dead (not mentioning any names) I want them dead now, today, not in 9 months time when I have to buy them wigs and mop their brows and chairlift them to the toilet. Grrrr!!!!!!!

There should only be fast acting poisons. It's like mouthwash that doesn't give you fresh breath until the following day. Pointless!

stupot07

Why are all women mentalists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Philosorapter

Philosophy in action.

This to me is probably the funniest thing that has bridged the gap from Philosophy to Psychology. I hope this gives everyone the enjoyment it gave me.

"Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments.'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Philosorapter

Good philosophical question about God.

[video=youtube;47EBLD-ISyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47EBLD-ISyc[/video]

Otis

We made god in our image, not the other way round.

I like it when Christians denounce the big bang version of the creation of life when they say 'the universe can't just come out of nothing. What was there before the universe?'

By the same token, I would say, where did God come from? What was there before God? If he's always existed then life on earth surely should be trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions of years old. Did God just sit around and twiddle his thumbs for what must have been an eternity before he suddenly decided to create life?

Last edited:

stupot07

Why does my other half expect silence when she is watching a programme yet talks all the way through programmes I like?

Otis

Why does my other half expect silence when she is watching a programme yet talks all the way through programmes I like?

I just put my headphones on Stu, though she does then also tell me to turn the headphones down, cause they're too loud, even though they are noise cancellation headphones and a pin drop would be louder.

Sky Blue Pete

I like it when Christians denounce the big bang version of the creation of life when they say 'the universe can't just come out of nothing. What was there before the universe?'

By the same token, I would say, where did God come from? What was there before God? If he's always existed then life on earth surely should be trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions of years old. Did God just sit around and twiddle his thumbs for what must have been an eternity before he suddenly decided to create life?

It's a good question. Pretty happy with the Big Bang and God

rd45

Read don Cupid and think you're an expert

Yeh thanks. Probably comes from Feuerbach really, but you're right, I did get it from Cupitt. Also try God's Funeral by AN Wilson. And Nietzsche. Don't bother with Dawkins, too obvious.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

Descartes anyone? This does contain a bit of sweariness.

[video=youtube;BHihkRwisbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHihkRwisbE[/video]

skybluetony176

I like Daria O'beian's question to Christians when they deny evolution "explain the appendix?".

wingy

Why Is It 9 times out of 10 when you go for a leak Its like a guided missile, straight as a die?

Then that one time It's like a rose on a watering can, all over the sides, shoes, trouser bottoms etc.:-/

Ranjit Bhurpa

Why Is It 9 times out of 10 when you go for a leak Its like a guided missile, straight as a die?

Then that one time It's like a rose on a watering can, all over the sides, shoes, trouser bottoms etc.:-/

Probably age-related Wingy, although the time to worry is when the rose on a watering can approach becomes the 9 times out of 10.

bringbackrattles

Why has Nick taken down my Rugby World Cup thread ? It was just getting going and there are a few rugby fans on the site who like me are interested in the tournament.A question that needs answering ?

Monners

Why is it that, as a man of certain age, I now have to tie a lollipop stick to me todger in order to maintain rigidity :thinking about:

Malaka

Jews do not think that Jesus is the son of God. so that means the Christian God is the Jewish God. Muslims think that Jesus was a prophet, so their God is the same God as the Jews and the Christians. I'm pretty sure that their God did not want false idols worshiped, but Christians worship Jesus (and Mary) Muslims Muhammad. So really the Jews have it. But the real God is Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath, it would have Dion Dublin if he would have stayed around.

dutchman

I'm pretty sure that their God did not want false idols worshiped, but Christians worship Jesus (and Mary) Muslims Muhammad.

Muslims worship 'Allah' not Muhammad. They 'revere' Muhammad as the 'fourth and final' prophet of Allah, they do not 'worship' him. They also revere Jesus as the third prophet of Allah.

All three religions regard Abraham as the first prophet.

Malaka

Muslims worship 'Allah' not Muhammad. They 'revere' Muhammad as the 'fourth and final' prophet of Allah, they do not 'worship' him. They also revere Jesus as the third prophet of Allah.

All three religions regard Abraham as the first prophet.

Still the same God

Philosorapter

Time to drop off some Hobbes and Locke.

[video=youtube;X-buzVjYQvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-buzVjYQvY[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread