Pictures of Cov in the past and Coventry Pubs (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Approx. location of The Jubilee Pub. (2nd pic is roughly where the white van is parked!)
Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Out of interest, the ex gaffer of the Jubilee (known as sunny I think,) was a mate of Joe Dhinsa and offered to put money up to help buy the City :)
Yeah, I believe his name was Sonny.

dutchman

Here's a picture of when the Swanswell Inn occupied the site of the Jubilee on the left-hand corner of Queen Street which roughly lay along the line of the pedestrian walkway in the post above:
swanswell%20inn,%20queens%20street.jpg

Kneeza

Anyone remember the Green Man In Aldermans Green? No-one seems to recall it and I don't have any pictures.
Do I ever.
Was dragged up on Pearson Avenue behind it. Could see the Green Man across the field and orchard from the back bedroom window. Spent many, many hours in there.
I own the house now (mum lives in it and I don't even charge her rent ;) ), but of course the pub is long gone.

hill83

Random one this. Has anyone got a photo of the now demolished Ash Green Social Club?
All I can find on the internet is a photo of the old sign next to an empty plot of land.

tommydazzle

Do I ever.
Was dragged up on Pearson Avenue behind it. Could see the Green Man across the field and orchard from the back bedroom window. Spent many, many hours in there.
I own the house now (mum lives in it and I don't even charge her rent ;) ), but of course the pub is long gone.
Used to fish for tadpoles in the pond opposite the Green Man. Growing up we were often looked after by a lovely Irish family until parents got home. I remember the priest visiting and when he enquired as to which church they used, their youngest son said, The Green Man. Bejesus did he get a rollicking so he did.

Kneeza

Pond? You sure you're not thinking of the River Sowe, which runs opposite and parallel with Hall Green Road toward Bell Green, and under Aldermans Green Rd in the other direction on to the old watermill as was? I used to do the same, netting sticklebacks!

SkyBlueCharlie9

The Three Spires was first pub I went in in late 80's as well as The Hawthorn Tree and the one at far end of Eastern Green on Hockey Lane... I've completely forgotten its name. Craven Street roll was a truly great pub crawl.... ooozing with character.

tommydazzle

Pond? You sure you're not thinking of the River Sowe, which runs opposite and parallel with Hall Green Road toward Bell Green, and under Aldermans Green Rd in the other direction on to the old watermill as was? I used to do the same, netting sticklebacks!
The pond was over towards Almond Tree Avenue - not sure if it's still there? Used to freeze over in the winter and we kids would skate on it. Just a short walk down to Hall Green Road.

Kneeza

The pond was over towards Almond Tree Avenue - not sure if it's still there? Used to freeze over in the winter and we kids would skate on it. Just a short walk down to Hall Green Road.
Ah. Had completely erased that, if I even knew it existed. Used to spend half my time a bit further across in, by, and on the Slough, and drinking pop outside the Bird in Hand and the Miner's waiting for me dad!

Users who are viewing this thread