Planning permission for a new stadium (1 Viewer)

I thought that Baginton and Ryton fell under Rugby/Warwick Councils therefore out of Coventry?

Sky Blue Dal

Correct, however, does it not also have to reflect the needs of the local community? Planning Departments don't just approve based on design and suitability of land, they also have to consider wider issues such as sustainability. It's not sustainable to have two football stadiums in a city with one professional football club.

Agree!!

The city community and local council can argue that the City already has a vacant football stadium where they can play so will object to any new development that would cost the tax payers to modify the road infrastructure to accommodate a new stadium. I can see MP's on all sides in the city will also object to this.

I would also think that the FA and FL would like the RA to remain as a football stadium because the stadium can become an asset for any future world cup or Euro championship bids in the near future. They will make it difficult for SISU to stay out of the RA in an attempt to avoid them building a new inferior stadium.

James Smith

"In our very near Coventry - but not quite home home."

J

Jack Griffin

Grimsby don't play in Grimsby. MK Dons were allowed to move a long way away.

Grimsby Town Football Club moved into their new Blundell Park stadium on 1 August 1898 having moved out of the Abbey Park Stadium. Blundell Park is closer to Grimsby town centre than the Ricoh is to Coventry Precinct although it is actually in Cleethorpes.

B marks the staduim
grimap10.jpg

Less nonsense please..

torchomatic

Then again the Bees aren't in Coventry are they? I can understand people complaining about Northamptonshire, Walsall, St Andrews etc on a temporary basis and although I don't think it'll happen, I can't see why people complain about Baginton, Ryton, etc.

torchomatic

But not actually in Grimsby?

Grimsby Town Football Club moved into their new Blundell Park stadium on 1 August 1898 having moved out of the Abbey Park Stadium. Blundell Park is closer to Grimsby town centre than the Ricoh is to Coventry Precinct although it is actually in Cleethorpes.

B marks the staduim
grimap10.jpg

Less nonsense please..

Then again the Bees aren't in Coventry are they? I can understand people complaining about Northamptonshire, Walsall, St Andrews etc on a temporary basis and although I don't think it'll happen, I can't see why people complain about Baginton, Ryton, etc.

I think any of the areas above would be fine if this was ever going to be a reality, kiss goodbye though to the dream of a railways station unless Tim is branching out into building railways as well as adding stadiums to his portfolio. :eek:

Seyeclops666

Grimsby

Local government in the area came under the review of the Local Government Commission for England and Humberside was abolished in 1996. The former area of the Great Grimsby district merged with that of Cleethorpes to form the unitary authority of North East Lincolnshire.[18] The town does not have its own town council, instead there is a board of Charter Trustees. During 2007, in the struggle for identity, it was suggested that the district could be renamed to something like Great Grimsby and Cleethorpes to give a stronger indication of the towns the district consists of.

Grimsby is a district council, part of a larger council and Grimsby and Cleethorpes are one conurbation - hence the football club do play in their (upper-tier) council area - effectively the same place.

The FA may allow CCFC to play just outside the City boundaries BUT i can guarantee that no district council on the edge of Cov would allow a stadium to be built - they have many tools at their disposal to refuse planning permission, the SoS would almost certainly stop it even if it did go through and there are not any suitable sites that do not already have plans in place to build.

I am however concerned that Shitsu may continue with this line of ground sharing with intent to build a new stadium with the intention of distressing ACL to the point of collapse. The FA have a big role to play yet!!

BrisbaneBronco

How far is the Ricoh from Pool Meadow, and is there anywhere of that distance outside CCC planning area where a ground could be built?:thinking about:

eamo63

if the fans object every time planning permission goes i surly it cant be given especially if 4000/8000 fans are objectig at the location of said stadium

bigfatronssba

Its a myth that you dont get planning permission on green belt land.

Its extremely difficult. Especially when there is a housing shortage on.

johnamcp

What bout right next to training ground on the old car manufacturing site!! Decent road links. And seems to have been empty for ages.

Users who are viewing this thread