Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

i think most have bumped up ratings.

exact same performance could see us lose sat is my fear

shy_tall_knight

Glad we got to Wembley, recognise the effort levels but we looked terrible during parts of the second half against a lower league side, hardly created a chance, couldn't clear the ball. As the poster above says play like that most games and you'll get beat.

Was DKE getting praise because he did better than expected because I saw their tactic of playing the diagonal ball to their tall left winger worked for them and hence they persisted with it, is he being marked up cos he was courageous and won a few headers - never comfortable with small full-backs just encouages the opposition to target them. As for Marcus effort levels, thanks but ultimately you want a striker to pose some kind of goal threat - he just doesn't allows the opposition to defend higher up the pitch and if/ when we are relegated lets not offer him another year 3 seasons of him has been enough

Otis

Glad we got to Wembley, recognise the effort levels but we looked terrible during parts of the second half against a lower league side, hardly created a chance, couldn't clear the ball. As the poster above says play like that most games and you'll get beat.

Was DKE getting praise because he did better than expected because I saw their tactic of playing the diagonal ball to their tall left winger worked for them and hence they persisted with it, is he being marked up cos he was courageous and won a few headers - never comfortable with small full-backs just encouages the opposition to target them. As for Marcus effort levels, thanks but ultimately you want a striker to pose some kind of goal threat - he just doesn't allows the opposition to defend higher up the pitch and if/ when we are relegated lets not offer him another year 3 seasons of him has been enough
They may have targeted DKE, but did their wide players get past him.one single time? Nope.

One occasion he had to foul a player, but their plan failed.

Otis

Maybe. Don't recall that to be honest.

I though it was a battle though that DKE clearly won. In my personal opinion anyway.

stevefloyd

Otis I could be wrong but I thought he got past him a few times, one occasion when he got to the byline and over-hit his cross
He did get the ball past him once but DKE was trying to cover for Harries who had gone on a runabout but I thought DKE was 'amazing' ...1st time I have actually used that adjective

ps1948

I thought the eventual turning point was the introduction of Jack Finch. When he was announced there was an audible groan, but he slotted in brilliantly.
For all of the talk that Wycombe battered us, I think they didn't really trouble RCC that much....one well struck shot right down his throat in the first half, another good chance blazed over at the end of the first half, and the goal by Akinfenwa.....at least that's how I remembered it after the final whistle went

Users who are viewing this thread