Potentially 4 interested parties (1 Viewer)

Spencer

But if you have the ACL revenue streams and run the Ricoh arena as your own business.

If you run the football team successfully you could get average gates of 20k

Aldo the train station will have a massive impact.

I can't see how a successful businessman can't make a success out if the Ricoh

If it was that easy would we not have a whole load of successful football clubs?

Oh no, sorry I forgot ccfc has far more potential than any other club.

Grendel

But if you have the ACL revenue streams and run the Ricoh arena as your own business.

Really? Why has no one ever been interested then? Bit disrespectful to the business experts who all say you wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

Aldo you do know of anyone buys it they will mortgage the debt against the club don't you?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Spencer....

You seem to be against ACL for the "Admin" situation, yet when SISU actually do it, you side with them...Why? Double standards!!!:facepalm:

Black6Osprey

So are you saying the people that currently run the Ricoh are clueless?

Like I said the Ricoh with ALL currently available revenue streams makes a £1m profit. I'm not saying it couldn't be run better but it's not going to give you multi millions in profit. The football side runs at a loss and this will continue, certainly if the club tries to get promoted. If a new investor has to part with £10-20m or whatever, how are they going to get it back other than the highly unlikely scenario of Premier League Football.

Last edited:

torchomatic

And you, plus many others, were attacking SISU on Thursday night yet wanted ACL to do exactly the same thing on Friday morning.

@ Spencer....

You seem to be against ACL for the "Admin" situation, yet when SISU actually do it, you side with them...Why? Double standards!!!:facepalm:

Acls preferred administrator said he'd made enquiries about the American and that he wasn't in any position to buy the club.
Yep, I heard that on CWR too, then today the Sunday Times prints a totally contradictory story! Just shows you can't believe anything in the so called quality media. I'm going back to the Sunday Sport! .... Coventry to be taken over by David Cameron and George Osborne and play future home games on the moon!:facepalm:

torchomatic

Spencer

@ Spencer....

No, double standards at all.

I don't want a hedge fund owning my club - i never have done. I want a coventry fan owning my club but it doesn't seem that there any coventry fans, with the funds available, that are interested.

I do believe the actions of SISU were forced by ACL. I, naively or not, thought Ccfc had a chance of being promoted this year and ACL tried to take that away. If I thought they took that action for purely footballing reasons I might be blue to accept it - I don't believe their motives had anything to do with football.

Tonylinc

Yep, I heard that on CWR too, then today the Sunday Times prints a totally contradictory story! Just shows you can't believe anything in the so called quality media. I'm going back to the Sunday Sport! .... Coventry to be taken over by David Cameron and George Osborne and play future home games on the moon!:facepalm:
That would be some coach trip? Would JE get a free seat?

GaryPendrysEyes

So to the Sisu apologists who 'warned of the dangers of a hedge fund taking over'....

Do you reckon theyve made a good job of it?? like Grendel does.

Grendel

So to the Sisu apologists who 'warned of the dangers of a hedge fund taking over'....

Never said they've made a good job of it. I challenge you find one post where I've said they have been a success.

Have they been worse than the happy clappy gang so e want back?

No.

For someone who previously claimed to have a masters degree (and lets not forget a distinction) your arguments seem poor and simplistic.

Instead of a Don advising you on economics was it actually Don who was your lecturer? I'd ask for the money back.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well that is certainly something that I'd draw the line at.

Grendel

At least this shows what you actually think;

ACL are a useless crock of shit

Whoever owns the club must own the whole arena

Good

Nonleagueherewecome

I 'warned of the dangers of a hedge fund taking over', but it doesn't mean I now agree with everything they do. The opposite.

GaryPendrysEyes

Never said they've made a good job of it. I challenge you find one post where I've said they have been a success.

Have they been worse than the happy clappy gang so e want back?

No.

For someone who previously claimed to have a masters degree (and lets not forget a distinction) your arguments seem poor and simplistic.

Instead of a Don advising you on economics was it actually Don who was your lecturer? I'd ask for the money back.

I take it English isnt your strong point??
The argument is indeed very simple - its about Sisu's record as a business at CCFC, appalling, including them alienating virtually the whole of the City of Coventry and leading us to the pathetic situation we are now in.

Yet you spend half your sad life defending them to the hilt. To be honest you must have a screw loose.

Spencer

I take it English isnt your strong point??
The argument is indeed very simple - its about Sisu's record as a business at CCFC, appalling, including them alienating virtually the whole of the City of Coventry and leading us to the pathetic situation we are now in.

Yet you spend half your sad life defending them to the hilt. To be honest you must have a screw loose.

I'm not sure I've heard anybody defend SISU - I certainly haven't and yet you've accused me of doing so!

The only point I've made is that I wouldn't believe everything ACL say - certainly not in soundbites to the media.

dongonzalos

If it was that easy would we not have a whole load of successful football clubs?

Oh no, sorry I forgot ccfc has far more potential than any other club.

It has the potential to be bought on the cheap and an opportunity to negotiate very favourable terms. As the council and Higgs are desperate to get rid of SISU.

So yes I think it possible does have unique potential compared to the other league one clubs in a city with a nearly brand new 32000k waiting for decent owners

dongonzalos

What did people expect when a hedge fund took over?

We need a suistainable future - how that is achieved I have no idea but, it isn't, by welcoming any new millionaire owners no questions asked.

I did not know what to expect I had never heard of the term hedge fund. I expect most were in the same boat.

I didn't expect league one football and the club to be at war with its two key partners.

Whatever a hedge fund is surely that is bad business in anybody's book?

cloughie

quote grendel 'your arguments seem poor and simplistic'

I thought you have described yourself perfectly

dongonzalos

At least this shows what you actually think;

ACL are a useless crock of shit

Whoever owns the club must own the whole arena

Good

Higgs and the council and the football club have said that all along.

The majority of the fans, the council and the Higgs are now of the opinion that should not be under SISU due to their shocking business practices

Spencer

I did not know what to expect I had never heard of the term hedge fund. I expect most were in the same boat.

I didn't expect league one football and the club to be at war with its two key partners.

Whatever a hedge fund is surely that is bad business in anybody's book?

What has that got to do with any of the points I've made? All I've said is ACL are not faultless (I'll add in my opinion and not FACT which a lot of posters on here do as if that actually makes their opinion a FACT).

dongonzalos

The account where ACL made £1m profit were 2011/12 - ccfc paid full rent that year.

Did they? Apologies I thought they stopped halfway through the 2012 accounts.

So ACL made a profit prior to their main customer trying to break them?

So they were successful?

How have SISU been getting on on the profit making front?

dongonzalos

What has that got to do with any of the points I've made? All I've said is ACL are not faultless (I'll add in my opinion and not FACT which a lot of posters on here do as if that actually makes their opinion a FACT).

You said what did people expect when a hedge fund took over. I just told you I can't imagine people expected what they got as most would not have known what a hedge fund is.
Is that not a direct answer to your question?

stupot07

Did they? Apologies I thought they stopped halfway through the 2012 accounts.

So ACL made a profit prior to their main customer trying to break them?

So they were successful?

How have SISU been getting on on the profit making front?

To be honest don, I would be quite happy for sisu to strip back the squad and become cost neutral or even make a tiny profit, but when I suggested that as a way of paying ACL back I was told that football isn't like normal business, that club owners must except that they must cover year in year losses.

Most Fans don't want the club to become self sustaining, they want a sugar daddy to put his hand in his pocket and invest.

dongonzalos

To be honest don, I would be quite happy for sisu to strip back the squad and become cost neutral or even make a tiny profit, but when I suggested that as a way of paying ACL back I was told that football isn't like normal business, that club owners must except that they must cover year in year losses.

Most Fans don't want the club to become self sustaining, they want a sugar daddy to put his hand in his pocket and invest.

Fair comment Stu

Sadly in your case it's not just the argument.

Your not good at this are you?

I think we could all agree the standard of debate on here can be a bit hit and miss.
Does anyone think there is a mysterious link between our chosen usernames and opinions expressed.
I've done a bit of googling-
"In John Gardener’s Grendel, the fact that Grendel is a monster greatly affects his attitude towards language. At the beginning of the story the reader can see how inexperienced Grendel is as he grunts and yells words. Most of Grendel’s dialogue consists of simple thoughts and observation. Grendel’s attitude is naïve and innocent as he does not leave his mother’s lair. "

Me,generally Im a sceptical type.

Spencer

Higgs and the council and the football club have said that all along.

The majority of the fans, the council and the Higgs are now of the opinion that should not be under SISU due to their shocking business practices

Shocking business practices? Like forcing administration so that someone else might buy the club on the cheap.

Spencer

You said what did people expect when a hedge fund took over. I just told you I can't imagine people expected what they got as most would not have known what a hedge fund is.
Is that not a direct answer to your question?

Re-reading you are correct - I apologise.

A hedge fund, as I understood it at least, makes money betting against the odds. They had no reason to buy an English football club - but then, in my view, that goes for a lot of current football club owners (which is where my concern over the behaviour of ACL is rooted).

Users who are viewing this thread