Potentially 4 interested parties (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

If they break that contract you can kick them out. I get that you don't have much time for SISU, but these exaggerated fears aren't helpful.

That is the difference another ground has no affinity to the people of Coventry.

For example if it were Birmingham. Their owners do not care about Coventry city fans.
If SISU did not pay they would kick them out as soon as they legally could.
SISU have exploited the fact that Coventry city council and The Higgs charity do actually care about the people of coventry

Black6Osprey

That is the difference another ground has no affinity to the people of Coventry.

For example if it were Birmingham. Their owners do not care about Coventry city fans.
SISU have exploited the fact that Coventry city council and The Higgs charity do actually care about the people of coventry

Acl/CCC order of priority:-

1. Make a profit
2. Grow exhibition/ concert part of business
3. Find new owner of CCFC who will further regenerate area for the council

They only have the club at heart by default. They are a business who need to make money and need to regenerate the area with as little cost to them a possible. The Football Club is being used to achieve this aim.

rob9872

Get the four interested parties round the table and firm a consortium - common goal, less risk, more investment, more worth.

chiefdave

If we're going to play at another ground SISU aren't going to agree to a rental agreement like the one we have (had?) at the Ricoh. More than likely it will be on a per game basis and payable in advance.

dongonzalos

1. Make a profit

They only have the club at heart by default. They are a business who need to make money and need to regenerate the area with as little cost to them a possible. The Football Club is being used to achieve this aim.

Agree with all of that but unfortunately for them it is also under pinned by a responsibility to do what is right for the people of Coventry.

Do you honestly think any other private company would let SISU do what they were doing for so long

Black6Osprey

Agree with all of that but unfortunately for them it is also under pinned by a responsibility to do what is right for the people of Coventry.

Do you honestly think any other private company would let SISU do what they were doing for so long

There are lots of private companies who are owed all sorts of money going back over much longer time periods who continue to trade with their debtors so I don't entirely agree but I do see your point.

dongonzalos

You've made it sound more concrete than it is. And again, the Texan that was shown around, ACLS prefered administrator stated he'd looked in to him and he's in no position to buy.

Sunday times making it sound more than it is now.

Also the bloke himself is making it sound like more than it is with a direct quote!

Last edited:

dongonzalos

To be honest if the SISU hurdle can be over come I can't see why anyone with the wealth would not be tempted.

Totally guessing at the figures.

Imagine if you could pick the football club up for a nominal amount out if interest.

If you then bought out half of ACL. I have heard 21 million muted. However if there is negotiation due to saving the club say 15 million.

You agree with the council that you get to run ACL.

You spend 10 million on a regeneration project to gain the councils trust.

You agree with the council to only pay half the loan payments not rent.

You agree a price with council and a date on which if you have proved you have invested in the team regenerated the area etc that you can begin negotiations to buy all or some of the stadium itself or all of ACL.

You invest 10 million in the team.

So 15 million
Half the loan repayments
A successful team leading to 20k attendances.
20 million on the team and regeneration.

Once they are in the championship
Either invest more on the team to go for the prem.
Buy ACL
Or buy some if the stadium

Or sell your CCFC at that stage for a profit.

Get them in the prem then sell for a profit.

Or run it successfully following the FFP and make a regular profit.

J

Jack Griffin

1. Make a profit

I don't think ACL & CCC objectives overlap 100% as you suggest and also you have chosen not to mention that a successful football club only compliments these aims.

I'd put it this way, they really want to get back to the original concept, which was a prestigious leisure facillity, incorporating a successful football club, exibition centre, concert venue & hotels which is well served by transport links.

At the moment everyone is waiting to see which way the chips fall. What you suggested above is somewhat Plan B, a path I think would only be taken if a suitable new owner of the club with the financial clout & willingness to go ahead with Plan A can't be installed.

Plan A I think depends on getting rid of SISU, because if they get control, they'll simply hawk the business round to investors willing to see it through. I really can't see them building the asset base up, for if they were prepared to do that they could have been well on the way to achieving it by now, don't you think?

stupot07

To be honest if the SISU hurdle can be over come I can't see why anyone with the wealth would not be tempted.

Imagine if you could pick the football club up for a nominal amount out if interest.

If you then bought out half of ACL. I have heard 21 million muted. However if there is negotiation due to saving the club say 15 million.

You agree a price with council and a date on which if you have proved you have invested in the team regenerated the area etc that you can begin negotiations to buy all or some of the stadium itself or all of ACL.

So 15 million
Half the loan repayments

Buy ACL

We could even use Monopoly money ;)

Tad

How come we've gone from zero interest to apparently 4 parties now?

Tad

PWKH said the yank was interested another consortium and since the administration move a couple if other have made enquiries

I suppose the admin gives the owners a fresh start for the club..

mrtickle

There was loads of interest in the managers job but how many of them were actually in a position to get the job, I.e. I won the champions league on football manager! Sounds like dinsah and Hoffman all over again.

dongonzalos

There was loads of interest in the managers job but how many of them were actually in a position to get the job, I.e. I won the champions league on football manager! Sounds like dinsah and Hoffman all over again.

I guess a chap with a 157 million having a look around the club, carries a bit more weight than your Football manager CV :)

Grendel

I guess a chap with a 157 million having a look around the club, carries a bit more weight than your Football manager CV :)

Has he got this money or is this his asset value? The guy on the radio who dealt with him at Leeds just about stopped from laughing when his name was mentioned.

Black6Osprey

So 15 million
Half the loan repayments

Buy ACL

Well that all sounds just dandy but currently CCFC run at a loss and ACL with all those revenue streams only make £1m profit so even you combine both things there is currently no money in it. Is a bit of area regeneration really going to make a huge difference? Okay if a buyer just wants to spend money then why not but as a business to make money once you've forked out even as relatively little as £25m you will not make it back unless you get to the Premier League.

Spencer

Why do you not believe them?

Perhaps, I've started to take on board all the posts on here about directors having a legal duty to protect the interests of their companies first and foremost? Or,

Perhaps, I'm just cynical? Or,

Perhaps, I don't believe trying to force admin, and a 10 point deduction is in the best interests of ccfc?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

This sums it up for me. In one thread SISU are criticised for saying nothing and in this one they are criticised for spouting crap!

The times that SISU do say something, It's crap. Transparency is what the fans wanted......Bullsh*t is what we got from day1.......We will spend Blah,blah,blah.
What they should have said was We will sell,sell,sell!!!

Spencer

The times that SISU do say something, It's crap. Transparency is what the fans wanted......Bullsh*t is what we got from day1.......We will spend Blah,blah,blah.
What they should have said was We will sell,sell,sell!!!

What did people expect when a hedge fund took over?

We need a suistainable future - how that is achieved I have no idea but, it isn't, by welcoming any new millionaire owners no questions asked.

Tonylinc

Perhaps, I've started to take on board all the posts on here about directors having a legal duty to protect the interests of their companies first and foremost? Or,

Perhaps, I'm just cynical? Or,

Perhaps, I don't believe trying to force admin, and a 10 point deduction is in the best interests of ccfc?
As I understand it ACL were, in issuing the proceedings, responding to Sisu's threat to liquidate the club. In those circumstances Admin. must be preferable to liquidation.

GaryPendrysEyes

We need a suistainable future - how that is achieved I have no idea but, it isn't, by welcoming any new millionaire owners no questions asked.

You judge a business on its actual record-- we as fans are not in a position to guess about new owners. Sisu's record is crap after 5 years. Its the old apologist argument of 'my sister is married to a wife beater but if she leaves him she is bound to get Peter Sutcliffe' again yaaaawn.

theferret

People talk a lot about ethics, especially in relation to SISU, so I have a question.

ACL, it appears, knew there was an individual who might be interested in purchasing the football club.

You might have thought they would have then alerted SISU to this fact and have attempted to put the two parties in contact with each other (not least because of their obvious desire to see the back of SISU). But no, what they do instead is try to force the football club into administration and then announce (unashamedly) that there is someone 'waiting in the wings' to buy the club out of administration (a high risk strategy which was always far less likely to result in a takeover than putting the interested party in touch with the club directly).

Ethical? Deliberately trying to force a company (with employees and other creditor commitments) out of business? Hardly. Unethical doesn't really cut it. Shameful is probably more appropriate.

Not only that, it now transpires this potential saviour probably isn't even viable. Brilliant.

Grendel

You judge a business on its actual record-- we as fans are not in a position to guess about new owners. Sisu's record is crap after 5 years. Its the old apologist argument of 'my sister is married to a wife beater but if she leaves him she is bound to get Peter Sutcliffe' again yaaaawn.

She isn't. However if the same bloke who introduced her to Peter Sutcliffe brings him to dinner she is entitled to look concerned.

Sky Blue Kid

The first thing you've said that I agree with is what's highlighted!
Torchy, Grenduffy, Summerisle.....Take note!:mad:

Spencer

I was waiting for the "SISU apologist" to be spouted - I didn't expect to be accused of being a wife beater apologist!

The truth is I never wanted a hedge fund to take over and only ever saw it ending in disaster. However, that doesn't mean I want the first millionaire that walks past the stadium to take over.

Oh, and by the way, I think you'll find I was judging ACL by their performance not SISU. Administration is not, despite what ACL may want you to believe, in the best interests of ccfc.

dongonzalos

Well that all sounds just dandy but currently CCFC run at a loss and ACL with all those revenue streams only make £1m profit so even you combine both things there is currently no money in it. Is a bit of area regeneration really going to make a huge difference? Okay if a buyer just wants to spend money then why not but as a business to make money once you've forked out even as relatively little as £25m you will not make it back unless you get to the Premier League.

But if you have the ACL revenue streams and run the Ricoh arena as your own business.

If you run the football team successfully you could get average gates of 20k

Also the train station will have a massive impact.

I can't see how a successful businessman can't make a success out if the Ricoh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread