Pressley Backed (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Where does it say in the telegraph that Moussa has rejected a contract? It reads that the club have actively tried to secure them. What the hell does that mean and when was this because I thought Moussa had said recently that he had not heard anything from the club. Why don't they just offer him a contract and then if he refuses then let the press know. All this cloak and dagger bollocks is bullshit or does the club actually mean they have handcuffed him to Ryton?

Reading between the lines, it says to me that they have at the very least held discussions with either moussa and/or his agent about a new deal, and that they have said that they are not interested.

We know that christie was offered one.

What do you think 'actively tried' means?

And it's not a direct quote from the club is it, it's the journalist summary of events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

What are you on about?

On Wednesday they played at Sixfields did you care if they lost?

Not as much as if they played in Coventry.

The Gentleman

Reading between the lines, it says to me that they have at the very least held discussions with either moussa and/or his agent about a new deal, and that they have said that they are not interested.

We know that christie was offered one.

What do you think 'actively tried' means?

And it's not a direct quote from the club is it, it's the journalist summary of events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hahaha, the old reading between the lines again! I find it even strange that you would use it when you seem like a man who uses stats and facts more than most on here, but it's nice to see you coming down to the rest of our level where a lot on here read between the lines but really don't have a clue. Maybe Moussa is lying then when he recently said he hasn't heard from the club or maybe the club is lying, I don't know but with the recent track record on telling the truth I know who I would believe.

Yes we do know that Christie was offered one as the club announced it, so why not announce they have offered one to Frank?

Actively tried is bollocks and you know it, you either offer a contract or you don't. The club knew that Christie wanted to leave but still offered him one so why not Moussa?

Davs

One thing puzzles me about these endless arguments; When are the people who appear to support SISU [Or whatever they call themselves this week] going to lose faith that the promises will come to anything?

If they are not associated with SISU in any way, what makes them think that, despite the repeated promises of new a stadium etc from SISU and apparently nothing happening, that they should still trust them?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The debt isn't £50 million and of course you won't find one post where I said that. As usual you resort to lies and misinformation to try and dig yourself out of a big hole.

Also avoiding the issue that you wouldn't care less if the club suffered two successive relegations.

What is the debt level then? Lets see how quickly you're happy to use the term 'liar' in association with SISU, or our administrators...

stupot07

Hahaha, the old reading between the lines again! I find it even strange that you would use it when you seem like a man who uses stats and facts more than most on here, but it's nice to see you coming down to the rest of our level where a lot on here read between the lines but really don't have a clue. Maybe Moussa is lying then when he recently said he hasn't heard from the club or maybe the club is lying, I don't know but with the recent track record on telling the truth I know who I would believe.

Yes we do know that Christie was offered one as the club announced it, so why not announce they have offered one to Frank?

Actively tried is bollocks and you know it, you either offer a contract or you don't. The club knew that Christie wanted to leave but still offered him one so why not Moussa?

I wouldn't say actively tried is bollocks- if the club asked his agent "let's sit down and have a chat about a new contract for Franck" and the agent turns around and says "sorry Franck doesn't want to renew so will be running down is contract" the club know that he doesn't want to stay....perhaps Simon Gilbert can find out.

I would say that the reason they would make more of a show of offering Christie a contract is due to us being entitled to compensation when he leaves, which could influence the level of compensation we get.

Neither of us know whether the club or moussa are lying. I think we have to assume that a conversation has taken place, he doesn't want to re-sign and will be leaving.

NortonSkyBlue

Not as much as if they played in Coventry.

get this situation sorted out, get the team back in coventry, get these shysters away from the club, then i will care about their results. its not the same club i know.

As for Pressley, he is just another in a long line of under achievers we have had as manager, lucky that his shortcoming are masked by the clubs situation.

The Gentleman

I wouldn't say actively tried is bollocks- if the club asked his agent "let's sit down and have a chat about a new contract for Franck" and the agent turns around and says "sorry Franck doesn't want to renew so will be running down is contract" the club know that he doesn't want to stay....perhaps Simon Gilbert can find out.

I would say that the reason they would make more of a show of offering Christie a contract is due to us being entitled to compensation when he leaves, which could influence the level of compensation we get.

Neither of us know whether the club or moussa are lying. I think we have to assume that a conversation has taken place, he doesn't want to re-sign and will be leaving.

Why would we need to ask Simon Gilbert when we have you? What we do know is that Moussa recently said he has heard nothing from the club. The club has said exactly what about what they want to do with him? Don't forget that the club have been actively trying to find land to build a stadium on so I know who I will believe, but if you want to keep believing what the club peddles out then fair enough. However, don't come back and say "I do not believe the club" because why are we having this discussion, if you said that you didn't believe the club about Moussa then we would be agreeing, would we not?

If they offered a contract to Moussa and he accepted, would we not be entitled to compensation when he left?

With regard to your last comment, I will assume sod all has taken place with regard to what the club has said, history tells me that, not assumption.

Sky Blue Pete

Actually thinking about it the op of this thread is absolutely hilarious. Fisher takes the club out of the city dismissing the clear starements of 90% of active supporters that they won't travel out of the city to watch home games then gloats that we can trust his word cause he followed through on one outrageous promise out of many.
Well he then said they would fund the losses to enable otium to receive the golden share.
We make a super start and because of this and the fact that only 5 clubs have consistently shown play off form we stay in touch with 6th and we have once again the choice to stick or twist.
What happens?
We stick we don't ensure sp has a big enough squad so that if injuries and form affect us we can compete and end up slipping down the table(when will we learn that to compete you need at least 2 players for each position)
Finally when relegation becomes a real possibility sp is given 3 short term loan players and rfc states sp is being backed.
I repeat that this is utter delusion

stupot07

Why would we need to ask Simon Gilbert when we have you? What we do know is that Moussa recently said he has heard nothing from the club. The club has said exactly what about what they want to do with him? Don't forget that the club have been actively trying to find land to build a stadium on so I know who I will believe, but if you want to keep believing what the club peddles out then fair enough. However, don't come back and say "I do not believe the club" because why are we having this discussion, if you said that you didn't believe the club about Moussa then we would be agreeing, would we not?

If they offered a contract to Moussa and he accepted, would we not be entitled to compensation when he left?

With regard to your last comment, I will assume sod all has taken place with regard to what the club has said, history tells me that, not assumption.

I don't believe everything the club say. I don't believe there will be a new stadium.

Andy Turner wrote that article, they are his words. He is more in the know than you or I.

How long ago did Moussa say that?

No we wouldn't be eligible for compensation for moussa as he's already 24..

63.3.1 An Under 24 Player who has refused an offer of re engagement made by his Club in accordance with Regulation 64 who remains in dispute with his Club as at the 15 July next following the Club's loss of Football League status must sign a Football Conference registration form and Contract with his Club which Contract must contain a clause consistent with Regulation 64.9.1 to the effect that the Player remains free to speak to other Clubs without restriction subject to him keeping the Club with which he is contracted, aware of any negotiations. The Contract should contain the same financial terms as were included in clauses (e) and (f) of the schedule attached to his last Football League Contract except that a signing on fee stipulated to be a once only payment need not be repeated and the Player will be bound by any new incentive schedule. If the Player refuses to be registered in The Football Conference then his Club will be entitled to retain compensation rights without payment of a wage. The Professional Football Compensation Committee will on application from a Club or Player determine a dispute over the Compensation Fee.

Those already 24 or over:

67.1 A Player aged 24 years or over as at 30 June is entitled (subject to Regulation 41) to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction on the expiry of his contract on or after that date without payment of any Compensation Fee.

The Gentleman

I don't believe everything the club say. I don't believe there will be a new stadium.

Andy Turner wrote that article, they are his words. He is more in the know than you or I.

How long ago did Moussa say that?

No we wouldn't be eligible for compensation for moussa as he's already 24..

63.3.1 An Under 24 Player who has refused an offer of re engagement made by his Club in accordance with Regulation 64 who remains in dispute with his Club as at the 15 July next following the Club's loss of Football League status must sign a Football Conference registration form and Contract with his Club which Contract must contain a clause consistent with Regulation 64.9.1 to the effect that the Player remains free to speak to other Clubs without restriction subject to him keeping the Club with which he is contracted, aware of any negotiations. The Contract should contain the same financial terms as were included in clauses (e) and (f) of the schedule attached to his last Football League Contract except that a signing on fee stipulated to be a once only payment need not be repeated and the Player will be bound by any new incentive schedule. If the Player refuses to be registered in The Football Conference then his Club will be entitled to retain compensation rights without payment of a wage. The Professional Football Compensation Committee will on application from a Club or Player determine a dispute over the Compensation Fee.

Those already 24 or over:

67.1 A Player aged 24 years or over as at 30 June is entitled (subject to Regulation 41) to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction on the expiry of his contract on or after that date without payment of any Compensation Fee.

Back to your old stats and facts self again, not reading between the lines anymore?

I just re-read what I asked and did I not say that if the club did offer him a contract and he accepted and then he left would we be entitled to compo?

What you copy and pasted above talks about if his contract expired, so what relevance does that have with what I said?

Brighton Sky Blue

Well what do you expect? We are not going to look attractive to Ronaldo and Messi are we?

Nobody expects the world's finest to be strutting their stuff on the hallowed Sixfields turf. However, that we have some people lauding these signings as statements of SISU's intent should look at why the club isn't that attractive a proposition. Playing in a shed in Northampton in front of 1,500 a week would be unappealing to most players above League 2, whereas the notorious off field problems show that this isn't a stable place to be at the moment.

Who do we have to thank for this?

stupot07

Back to your old stats and facts self again, not reading between the lines anymore?

I just re-read what I asked and did I not say that if the club did offer him a contract and he accepted and then he left would we be entitled to compo?

What you copy and pasted above talks about if his contract expired, so what relevance does that have with what I said?

What are you on about? If he accepted he would have to be sold to move to another club.

You are right, the club have never spoken to him or his agent. I have no really proof, but I know it's true.

Brighton Sky Blue

What are you on about? If he accepted he would have to be sold to move to another club.

You are right, the club have never spoken to him or his agent. I have no really proof, but I know it's true.

Murphy has publicly stated he wants to stay, so I imagine we'll be hearing news of his contract renewal in the next few weeks. :whistle:

stupot07

Every week, we ask our Twitter and Facebook followers to come up with their own questions for Sky Blues leader Steven Pressley.

@skybluewoody asked: “How close are the club to getting Moussa to sign a new contract. If he doesn’t, will he be sold this window?”

Steven Pressley replied: “He will definitely not be sold in this window. Steve Waggott has spoken to his agent and we wait on further discussions.

“He’s up in the summer but he’s done exceptionally well this year and given us a brilliant goal return from midfield, so he’s definitely a player whose services we would like to retain.”

So steve waggot had spoken to his agent......

Brighton Sky Blue

Every week, we ask our Twitter and Facebook followers to come up with their own questions for Sky Blues leader Steven Pressley.

@skybluewoody asked: “How close are the club to getting Moussa to sign a new contract. If he doesn’t, will he be sold this window?”

Steven Pressley replied: “He will definitely not be sold in this window. Steve Waggott has spoken to his agent and we wait on further discussions.

“He’s up in the summer but he’s done exceptionally well this year and given us a brilliant goal return from midfield, so he’s definitely a player whose services we would like to retain.”

So steve waggot had spoken to his agent......

Should probably have done it before other clubs were free to approach him then. Why on Earth would any player with a modicum of ambition want to stay here? Any club in League 1 is a better prospect.

stupot07

Murphy has publicly stated he wants to stay, so I imagine we'll be hearing news of his contract renewal in the next few weeks. :whistle:

The murphy one is an interesting one. He's on a reported £7k per week (c£380k inc NI contributions, 20% of our wage bill). He's certainly not going to be offered those terms, and usually new terms kick in when a player resigns, so I imagine it's not really a goer until his contract expires.

Brighton Sky Blue

The murphy one is an interesting one. He's on a reported £7k per week (c£380k inc NI contributions, 20% of our wage bill). He's certainly not going to be offered those terms, and usually new terms kick in when a player resigns, so I imagine it's not really a goer until his contract expires.

Wouldn't be a problem if we weren't in League 1 playing in front of basically nobody. What % of our wage bill do you think the court cases and administration processes will come to? £590k is going to ACL off the bat.

stupot07

Wouldn't be a problem if we weren't in League 1 playing in front of basically nobody. What % of our wage bill do you think the court cases and administration processes will come to? £590k is going to ACL off the bat.

Even at the Ricoh we shouldn't be paying anyone £7k per week considering the league one average wage is c£1.4k per week and championship is £4k per week.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Even at the Ricoh we shouldn't be paying anyone £7k per week considering the league one average wage is c£1.5k per week and championship is £4.5k per week.

Don't particularly disagree there however where do you think our expenditure on litigation and administration ranks relative to footballing costs? Does that not indicate the whole problem with where the club's priorities lie?

stupot07

Don't particularly disagree there however where do you think our expenditure on litigation and administration ranks relative to footballing costs? Does that not indicate the whole problem with where the club's priorities lie?

I have no idea, how much all this litigation is costing, but I imagine it's small fry in comparison to our wage bills over the last few seasons.

I believe our wage bill would have been not dissimilar despite greater ffp even if we were at the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Kid

stupot07.....
... "You are right, the club have never spoken to him or his agent. I have no really proof, but I know it's true." [/unquote] So what you're actually saying is, "You haven't got a jar of glue" Unless you've got proof, you will be ridiculed...Something that you and a lot on here do on a regular basis....Don't they Torchy, Grenduffy, summerisle, fernando, yawnnnnnn, etc, etc. @ Grendel......The debt is £70m+. This comes from the mouth of Paul Appleton(Administrator)

Brighton Sky Blue

I have no idea, how much all this litigation is costing, but I imagine it's small fry in comparison to our wage bills over the last few seasons.

I believe our wage bill would have been not dissimilar despite greater ffp even if we were at the Ricoh.

Here's a hint-ACL are due a £590k payment alone, as part of the agreement with the League to play at Sixfields. Suffice to say it is likely to be a 9 figure number.

fernandopartridge

I disagree. Paying lower league players £7k p/w is a problem full stop. We couldn't afford to pay Murphy £7k p/w as a Championship team playing at the Ricoh.

fernandopartridge

stupot07.....
... "You are right, the club have never spoken to him or his agent. I have no really proof, but I know it's true." [/unquote] So what you're actually saying is, "You haven't got a jar of glue" Unless you've got proof, you will be ridiculed...Something that you and a lot on here do on a regular basis....Don't they Torchy, Grenduffy, summerisle, fernando, yawnnnnnn, etc, etc. @ Grendel......The debt is £70m+. This comes from the mouth of Paul Appleton(Administrator)

Here he is again, more come backs Frank Sinatra

Start spreading the news.....

Brighton Sky Blue

How do we know he's not?

I'm basing it on a story stu quoted. The figure would sound feasible based on what other players were known to be on, e.g. Richard Wood on £10k!

There is no doubting Kenny dished out some absurd deals to say he'd 'increased the value of the playing squad', so I'm not necessarily disagreeing. However Murphy's wages look a lot worse when put in the context of a team playing in front of a man and his dog at Sixfields than it would in front of considerably more in a higher division.

fernandopartridge

There is no doubting Kenny dished out some absurd deals to say he'd 'increased the value of the playing squad', so I'm not necessarily disagreeing. However Murphy's wages look a lot worse when put in the context of a team playing in front of a man and his dog at Sixfields than it would in front of considerably more in a higher division.

Of course they do. In my mind they look bad regardless but that's a football issue and not specifically a CCFC one.

Moff

stupot07.....

In the balance of fairness can you prove the club haven't spoken to Moussa or his agent?

No.

So you might as well address this post to yourself as well...jar of glue, yawnnnnn etc etc and all that.

wingy

Even at the Ricoh we shouldn't be paying anyone £7k per week considering the league one average wage is c£1.4k per week and championship is £4k per week.

Those averages sound conservative Stu,the season we went down was'nt our overall somewhere around £11-£13M.

Bristol city the same season £!4-£15M.

Users who are viewing this thread