Pressley Backed (2 Viewers)

Moff

Every week, we ask our Twitter and Facebook followers to come up with their own questions for Sky Blues leader Steven Pressley.

@skybluewoody asked: “How close are the club to getting Moussa to sign a new contract. If he doesn’t, will he be sold this window?”

Steven Pressley replied: “He will definitely not be sold in this window. Steve Waggott has spoken to his agent and we wait on further discussions.

“He’s up in the summer but he’s done exceptionally well this year and given us a brilliant goal return from midfield, so he’s definitely a player whose services we would like to retain.”

So steve waggot had spoken to his agent......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Careful Stupot producing a fact confuses those who argue against you, as they cant just shout louder. Its funny they seem to have gone quiet on this one.

Perhaps they will accuse Pressley of being a liar now just to back their arguements :facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

@ Moff.....I'm not the one stating this. This is a Stupot07 quote. I've stated he is either "Doing a Grenduffy"(Estimating facts) or it's "His opinion" in other words ...Trying to make a positive statement out of a negative one" Keep up Moff!..Yawnnnnnnnn!

stupot07

stupot07

stupot07.....
... "You are right, the club have never spoken to him or his agent. I have no really proof, but I know it's true." [/unquote] So what you're actually saying is, "You haven't got a jar of glue" Unless you've got proof, you will be ridiculed...Something that you and a lot on here do on a regular basis....Don't they Torchy, Grenduffy, summerisle, fernando, yawnnnnnn, etc, etc. @ Grendel......The debt is £70m+. This comes from the mouth of Paul Appleton(Administrator)

Are you calling Pressley a lier?

Steven Pressley replied: “He will definitely not be sold in this window. Steve Waggott has spoken to his agent and we wait on further discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

J

Jack Griffin

That will indeed be the one!

And for that matter, the same one who kept saying we'd offered/not offered players contracts, while the likes of Morrison, McKenzie, Westwood etc. begged to differ...

I think this just goes to show that you have to take any news about contracts with a pinch of salt till they're signed.
If an offer was made it may simply be far lower than the player could get on the market, it make a good news story but it means nothing.

In my view the club should have stopped paying excessive salaries years ago, they did not, that is the main reason why they lost £7M in last financial year (that and the ARVO interest).

Sky Blue Kid

fernandopartridge
..I disagree. Paying lower league players £7k p/w is a problem full stop. I'm basing it on a story stu quoted.[unquote]................................In other words Guessing. You sure you're not Grenduffy in disguise?

fernandopartridge

The Wasp said:
..I disagree. Paying lower league players £7k p/w is a problem full stop. I'm basing it on a story stu quoted.[unquote]................................In other words Guessing. You sure you're not Grenduffy in disguise?

My guess is better than yours!

stupot07

How do we know he's even on this amount?

We don't for certain but there was this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Leon-Clarke-Joe-Murphy.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Which caused a bit of a stir on here.

And the follow up.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/sky-blues-boss-no-plans-5584256

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/34985-Baker-Clarke-amp-Murphy-Told-To-Go

Actually these reports say an average of £8k per week....

Sky Blue Kid

@ stupot07...Re-read your own post mate...Before you showed where pressley makes that statement, YOU say..
"You are right, the club have never spoken to him or his agent. I have no really proof, but I know it's true." [/unquote] I said.."If you haven't got proof, you will be ridiculed" Did I not? You were being either Naive or "If I say it's true..It's true"

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Since the end of last season it looks to me something like 29 players have left and 25 have come in (including the loans that have come and gone and todays U18's gone that had squad numbers). Personally was happy to see quite a number of those 29 go but still that's a net decrease in the squad isn't it?

It is a very small squad filled with inexperienced players (when you get past the first 11 or so) that Pressley is asked to compete with. That stands to his credit, but serious backing by the owners? not sure about that. Seems more like just enough to put a squad out.

Take central midfield or centre backs ....... most of us could see that those areas needed strengthening and what appeared missing qualities, it would be reasonable to think so did SP. But it has taken until the last 8 games to do something about the lack of grit and know how? Fair enough they have acted, effectively to try keep us safe, but what could have been? There may of course be very good reasons why it wasn't done before - players not available etc - although the players in have not really been first team regulars or anything like at their parent clubs. I accept that there could be good reasons and we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. But take out the loans and the squad is dangerously thin for next season.

would be curious to know how much each of the loans have actually cost the club - but never likely to be told.

I hope SP is backed properly next season from the get go but I do worry how that all fits with the 60% SMCP rules

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

That will indeed be the one!

And for that matter, the same one who kept saying we'd offered/not offered players contracts, while the likes of Morrison, McKenzie, Westwood etc. begged to differ...

One of his two gems:

'I can promise Coventry City fans one thing: Keiren Westwood will not be leaving this club for nothing'

'Some people think buying the 50% stake in ACL will solve this club's problems. I can tell you that they are mistaken'

Sky Blue Kid

Post #132 made by Fernandopartridge.... fernandopartridge fernandopartridge is online now CCFC Manager Join Date Dec 2011 Last Online 14 Minutes Ago Posts 3,114 Threads 34 1,035 Like Received In 559 Posts Default Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Sky Blue View Post Wouldn't be a problem if we weren't in League 1 playing in front of basically nobody. What % of our wage bill do you think the court cases and administration processes will come to? £590k is going to ACL off the bat. Fernandopartridge reply....I disagree. Paying lower league players £7k p/w is a problem full stop. We couldn't afford to pay Murphy £7k p/w as a Championship team playing at the Ricoh..................................................Exactly where does it say "Originally posted by The WASP"???????

NorthernWisdom

Post #132 made by Fernandopartridge.... fernandopartridge fernandopartridge is online now CCFC Manager Join Date Dec 2011 Last Online 14 Minutes Ago Posts 3,114 Threads 34 1,035 Like Received In 559 Posts Default Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Sky Blue View Post Wouldn't be a problem if we weren't in League 1 playing in front of basically nobody. What % of our wage bill do you think the court cases and administration processes will come to? £590k is going to ACL off the bat. Fernandopartridge reply....I disagree. Paying lower league players £7k p/w is a problem full stop. We couldn't afford to pay Murphy £7k p/w as a Championship team playing at the Ricoh..................................................Exactly where does it say "Originally posted by The WASP"???????

[ quote ] [ /quote ]

fernandopartridge

The Wasp said:
Exactly where does it say "Originally posted by The WASP"???????

My quote button doesn't work properly, every time I quote one of your posts it calls you the Wasp. I think it's about time Nick sorted this quote button out once and for all.

duffer

Pity more don't make the effort (and before you start, I agree it is a big one) to get to Sixfields and support the manager & his players, I do and don't regret it for one minute, DESPITE THE OBVIOUS COST AND INCONVENIENCE! PUSB

If you think the only reason people aren't going to Sixfields is because of the cost and inconvenience, then you're kidding yourself.

I'd say it's a pity so many make the effort, because if no one went I'm pretty sure things would change quickly.

Still, it's your choice to go and I respect that, but don't pretend that the reason we're only getting a thousand fans at Sixfields is because of the inconvenience...

Last edited:

Moff

@ Moff.....I'm not the one stating this. This is a Stupot07 quote. I've stated he is either "Doing a Grenduffy"(Estimating facts) or it's "His opinion" in other words ...Trying to make a positive statement out of a negative one" Keep up Moff!..Yawnnnnnnnn!

Chrsit you keep up.

Look I will say it again for you you are chastising stupot for allegedly (although he has now proved his fact) guessing that the club had spoken to Moussa about a new contract, whilst you are guessing that they haven't.

Can you not see the irony in having a go about someone for not being in the facts when you clearly aren't either.

Brighton Sky Blue

'Reply With Quote'

Sky Blue Kid

@ Moff...To quote you.."Chrsit you keep up." YOU said it mate....(although he has now proved his fact) EXACTLY!!! I never "Guessed" the club hadn't spoken to Moussa at all. I KNEW the club had spoken to him. I pointed out that to all intents and purpose it came across that he had NO proof. If it had been me that said that, YOU and (As Dongo pointed out last week) The rest of the "Pack" would have been on my back straight away. Is it only the likes of you Torchy, Grenduffy, summerisle, fernando, etc, the only ones allowed to do it, and, get away with it?

Brighton Sky Blue

@ Moff...To quote you.."Chrsit you keep up." YOU said it mate....(although he has now proved his fact) EXACTLY!!! I never "Guessed" the club hadn't spoken to Moussa at all. I KNEW the club had spoken to him. I pointed out that to all intents and purpose it came across that he had NO proof. If it had been me that said that, YOU and (As Dongo pointed out last week) The rest of the "Pack" would have been on my back straight away. Is it only the likes of you Torchy, Grenduffy, summerisle, fernando, etc, the only ones allowed to do it, and, get away with it?

I wouldn't want an NFL team on my back either.

Moff

How old are you? putting me in a pack. Grow up. I post what I want without any influence of others, its just I tend to agree with some more than others, although mostly not with your incoherent ramblings.

I see earlier I wasn't in the gang but now I am as I have spoken out against you. If gang membership requires disagreeing with your posts then I would suggest you have missed a lot of names off.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

If you think the only reason people aren't going to Sixfields is because of the cost and inconvenience, then you're kidding yourself.

I'd say it's a pity so many make the effort, because if no one went I'm pretty sure things would change quickly.

Still, it's your choice to go and I respect that, but don't pretend that the reason we're only getting a thousand fans at Sixfields is because of the inconvenience...

Indeedy, if I thought the reason for moving to Sixfields was justified I would go there, time & money are not the issue at all, but I can't justify it and therefore can't support it

J

Jack Griffin

From the offal..

City Boss On Contracts

Coventry City have confirmed that talks about offering Joe Murphy and Franck Moussa new contracts will have to wait.

The pair are both out of contract at midnight on June 30th and the City boss said although both players had been spoken to, the focus was on the pitch and told Keiren Crowley: "Not at this moment. I've spoke to both players and Steve Waggott has spoke to both of the agents

"At this moment in time, we're not currently focusing on that.

"Everybody at this football club has to focus on ensuring our survival this year."

stupot07

FFS, It was an attempt at bloody sarcasm (big fail) , you obviously hadn't read my previous posts otherwise you'd have seen that I was saying that reports suggested the club had spoken to him.

covmark

FFS, It was an attempt at bloody sarcasm (big fail) , you obviously hadn't read my previous posts otherwise you'd have seen that I was saying that reports suggested the club had spoken to him.

I really wouldn't bother mate.

Grendel

I thought you had retired from here? You've achieved something post comeback though. You actually make less fucking sense than you did before

Well done.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy...And you reckon that you make sense, with your Fucking trolling? You are very similar to RFC. You will make a post of utter garbage, then sit back and watch a 30 man "Royal Rumble" take place, then fuck off, and turn up on another thread spewing more fucking shit, and the "Shite meister" rumbles on, and on, and.......

Nick

Administrator
@ Grenduffy...And you reckon that you make sense, with your Fucking trolling? You are very similar to RFC. You will make a post of utter garbage, then sit back and watch a 30 man "Royal Rumble" take place, then fuck off, and turn up on another thread spewing more fucking shit, and the "Shite meister" rumbles on, and on, and.......

images

Users who are viewing this thread