Preston ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Fadz motm
I thought McFazdean, McNally and Hamer were all good.

Thought Bidwell and Eccles were pretty decent too.

Godden was anonymous and Gyokeres hardly given a sniff.

Don't think anyone was particularly poor, other than Wilson-Esbrand.

PVA

I'd have everyone as 6s except Wilson, McNally, Hamer who were decent 7s, possibly Eccles and Fadz at a push.

stupot07

Wilson 6
McNally 7
Fadz 6
Doyle 6
Cuffy 5
Bidwell 6
Hamer 7
Eccles 6
Allen 6
Godden 5
Gyokeres 5

Subs
Burroughs 6
Rose 6
Walker 6
Wilson-Esbrand 5

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

TomS91

I thought Allen was really poor first half, giving the ball away repeatedly. But we missed him after he went off! Need Sheaf & Palmer back asap.

rob9872

Surprised what I'm reading about Walker, he contributed fk all although he replaced Godden who also offered fk all. Vik plays like a lone striker so prefer the extra man in midfield or as a 10. Maguire would have been a better link option, but Robins clearly doesn't rate him which is odd that he signed him.

Hamer was clear Motm tonight, some of the other scores would be a lot lower if Preston took their easy chances. Might look back on that as a good point gained at the end of the season.

M6 roadworkers get a zero for doing fk all for about 20 miles other than delay me getting home!

Otis

Surprised what I'm reading about Walker, he contributed fk all although he replaced Godden who also offered fk all. Vik plays like a lone striker so prefer the extra man in midfield or as a 10. Maguire would have been a better link option, but Robins clearly doesn't rate him which is odd that he signed him.

Hamer was clear Motm tonight, some of the other scores would be a lot lower if Preston took their easy chances. Might look back on that as a good point gained at the end of the season.

M6 roadworkers get a zero for doing fk all for about 20 miles other than delay me getting home!
I thought Walker offered a lot more in his very short cameo than Godden did the entire rest of the game.

djr8369

Hamer looked by far the best player out there, we’re lacking a bit of quality with Sheaf, COH and Palmer being out. Allen missing from an already depleted squad is a worry.

Thought Eccles had a decent game doing the dirty work and keeping things ticking over and his movement seemed to be allowing him to be more involved compared to the previous few games where at times things have passed him by a bit.

covboy9

Wilson 7 assured
McNally 7 physical
Fadz 7 solid
Doyle 7 accomplished
Bidwell 6 stay in your own half
Cuffy 6 some decent crosses
Eccles 6 finding his feet
Hamer 8 driving force
Allen 6 in and out
Godden 5 poor
Vik 5 knackered

esbrand 6 there’s a player in there
Walker 5 shite
Burroughs 6
Rose 6

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think Allen had a good first half probably about a 6.5
Walker (6) he looked better than Godden (4.5) did.
Gyokeres (6) kept trying and trying to make things happen but nothing would.
Hamer was definitely my motm, ran the show in my opinion, looked levels above anyone else on the pitch (8)
BNC awkward as ever and I think was okay, could have been better could have been worse so meh (5.5)
Eccles was pretty solid did his job, gave the ball away a couple of times needlessly. Reminded me of a 2020/21 sheaf performance (6.5)
McNally was dominant at the back again today, we’ll do well to get him back next season (7.5)
McFadzean (6) and Doyle (6) both performed at about the same level I’d say, assured at times but also had a couple of mistakes.
Bidwell cant fecking shoot, suppose thats why he’s a LWB not anywhere further up the pitch, asides from that solid as always (6.5).
J.Burroughs (6.5) looked good when he came on, Im not sure why he has instantly been taken out of the fold when BNC and JWE came in as he is imo clearly a better player and he is our own so makes sense to develop our own player.
JWE tried, you could see he was working hard but he is very clearly not an attacking midfielder, played a couple of good balls in behind, tried to make things happen. First touch at times was a bit ropy, lost the ball quite frequently but defended from the front relatively okay, had a good shot and a couple of shit ones (6)
Rose, Im not really sure how to judge his performance as I dont remember much other than a couple of aimless lumps up and maybe an alright tackle. Probably about (5.5)

stevefloyd

Hamer was stand out for us,
Eccles was ok dawdling on the ball a couple of times but he done ok,
Doyle started a little bit dodgy but settled down nicely, strange he was taken off especially for
Mcnally gets better and better,
Fadz got caught a couple of time so not as soloid as usual but we kept a clean sheet,
Bidwell ok I guess but not great, his final ball is generally rubbish and that shot hmmm,
Cuffey, don't really rate him from what Ive seen alwasy seems to be caught in 2 minds and listens to the wrong one,
Wilson kicking is utter utter shite and his throwing isn't much better, gave the ball away a few times on his distribution but a couple of decent saves,
Allen, lost the ball a few times by being knocked off it but a little better than of late, terrible attempts at goal but strangely we miss him because we are now down to bare bones,
Godden was utter shite,
Gyokeres got bullied all night and spent most of the time moaning about it

Rose who does daydream a lot and lose his man but he done ok when he came on,
Walker came on and drew a few fouls but other than that, that was it
Burroughs should start instead of Cuffey, in his cameo appearance he showed more than Cuffey has and put a decent ball into the box, certainly got more about him than our 'star from Arsenal
Esbrand started a little poor but he showed a few nice touches playing in midfield

Maquire....what is the feckin point in him???? we don't know if he's any good or not, he surely can't be as bad as Godden is atm but maybe he can run more

They were there for the taking but nobody produced enough quality for us to take them, a draw a fair result in the end

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Maquire had an enjoyable night, he had lots of chats on the touchline with several of his old teammates. He seemed really happy doing that. It was right in front of me as I was with a Preston fan in their part of the ground.

Offhegoes

Thought the subs actually improved us. Walker was more involved than Godden. Burroughs provided way more energy than Cuffy, and Rose played some good balls out of defence. This will be a crucial few days for Robins. He has to stitch together a team for Saturday, in a game we should be winning. Hopefully by the Hull game we'll have Sheaf & Kelly available, but it doesn't solve our attacking midfield options if Allen & Palmer are out for a few weeks and O'Hare out for the season. Would Rus be worth a go from the u23's?

Sky Blue Pete

Squad now paper thin
To be fair the way we play you need your first choice back 3 Hamer and yok and then 5 others to run around and pass and tackle etc. the key players for our team are those 5. The others should be looking to get them the ball

CCFCSteve

Surprised there hasn’t been some more positive comments about Eccles. I thought he was good. Can be a bit lightweight in some challenges so would like to see him put a bit of weight/muscle on but keeps things ticking over well, shielded defence and pinged a couple of great balls (think there was one to Vik around 70th min).

Hamer MoTM. Wilson made a couple of smart saves. Decent away performance especially considering our midfield injuries

ProfessorbyGrace

Flipping heck, another injury.

Any idea when Palmer is back, anyone? As I imagine Allen will be done for a bit if he’s torn a calf muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread