Prison of Measured Time blog issues full apology & corrections to Les Reid (1 Viewer)

hill83

Well bugger me!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I posted in my thread but got shot down by the 3 stooges and their mates.....................Reid also failed to ask the most important question – if SISU either gained control of the Ricoh freehold, or constructed a new stadium, would it be the club, and presumably Otium Entertainment Group as current custodians, that would register the asset or would it be a subsidiary that would then lease the rights to play in the stadium for a fee? Tim Fisher struggled with this question in the summer during the fan forums, fumbling a response that it was too early in the process to be clear and it is the question that still remains unanswered. It would surely be resolved by now, as plans are coming along and have been in the pipeline for almost a year. The question was not raised. Separation of the club and stadium would result in the club being in exactly the same position in the future as they find themselves now....................................The above taken from "Prison of measured time"

laughing-o.gif

Edit: Dammit, that bit is still in there, fuck it, I'm leaving this here anyway.

Last edited:

Grappa

Seems like it's a day for apologies:

Trust Statement- 03/10/2013

It has recently been brought to the attention of the Sky Blue Trust that the “ribboning” of the Ryton training ground a few weeks ago has caused some upset among CCFC staff and players. It is claimed that someone broke into the premises itself and tied ribbons around the goal posts and other equipment and this caused an unwelcome distraction for the squad.

The Trust would like to state that it would never sanction any illegal act such as trespass and any member who is guilty of such an offence would have their membership of the Trust revoked. The Trust is 100% behind the team and would never do anything that could be construed as detrimental to the player’s performance. If it was a Trust member who has been over zealous in their actions they will be asked to explain their actions to the Board and dealt with accordingly.

In case it was a Sky Blue Trust member, without prejudice, we issue an unreserved apology to Steve Waggott, Steven Pressley and any players and staff who were affected by this ill judged action.

We implore all Sky Blue Trust members to keep any protests peaceful, within the law and respect that others might not share your view. This includes anyone attending Sixfields – we are all Coventry fans who are going through tough emotional times but there is no place or excuse for any threats, abuse or mistreatment of fellow Sky Blue fans, be they inside or outside the ground.

Overall the ribbons have been very well received and have offered a colourful way of letting people remember the plight our football club is going through and just how many people care about it. The Trust will continue to work with all parties in an effort to find a workable solution. We once again urge all parties to resume talks for the benefit of the team, the city and most of all for the supporters

Nonleagueherewecome

Les is more...although I prefer less.

Longford

Seems like it's a day for apologies:

Trust Statement- 03/10/2013

It has recently been brought to the attention of the Sky Blue Trust that the “ribboning” of the Ryton training ground a few weeks ago has caused some upset among CCFC staff and players. It is claimed that someone broke into the premises itself and tied ribbons around the goal posts and other equipment and this caused an unwelcome distraction for the squad.

The Trust would like to state that it would never sanction any illegal act such as trespass and any member who is guilty of such an offence would have their membership of the Trust revoked. The Trust is 100% behind the team and would never do anything that could be construed as detrimental to the player’s performance. If it was a Trust member who has been over zealous in their actions they will be asked to explain their actions to the Board and dealt with accordingly.

In case it was a Sky Blue Trust member, without prejudice, we issue an unreserved apology to Steve Waggott, Steven Pressley and any players and staff who were affected by this ill judged action.

We implore all Sky Blue Trust members to keep any protests peaceful, within the law and respect that others might not share your view. This includes anyone attending Sixfields – we are all Coventry fans who are going through tough emotional times but there is no place or excuse for any threats, abuse or mistreatment of fellow Sky Blue fans, be they inside or outside the ground.

Overall the ribbons have been very well received and have offered a colourful way of letting people remember the plight our football club is going through and just how many people care about it. The Trust will continue to work with all parties in an effort to find a workable solution. We once again urge all parties to resume talks for the benefit of the team, the city and most of all for the supporters

No apology for Tim fisher though .

Nonleagueherewecome

I heard Pressley was mega pissed off with the Trust.

Well that seals it, then. Can't refute damning evidence like that. I'd better belatedly renew my ST and get "crawling" to Sixfields! :claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
Well that seals it, then. Can't refute damning evidence like that. I'd better belatedly renew my ST and get "crawling" to Sixfields! :claping hands:

What are you on about? It came from a decent source that told me he was fuming. Where did I mention anything about season tickets?

Longford

I heard Pressley was mega pissed off with the Trust.

No proof yet that it wasTrust members is there ? Speaking to some of my contacts. Most players are still much more pissed off at Fisher and Waggot. But that's not new news.

Nonleagueherewecome

What are you on about? It came from a decent source that told me he was fuming. Where did I mention anything about season tickets?

Woooooosh.

Nick

Administrator
No proof yet that it wasTrust members is there ? Speaking to some of my contacts. Most players are still much more pissed off at Fisher and Waggot. But that's not new news.

OK so he was pissed off with the people who did the ribbons.... Weren't the trust posting pics of ribbons they put up outside? I don't need to be Morse but I will change it to say the person who did the ribbons.

Where the hell did anything about SISU come into this? ;)

SkyBlueScottie

It's been needed as egos have been allowed to run riot and people are losing perspective. The one organised proper protest saw thousands attend since then we have seen nothing but people carry out acts in the hope that they get recognised as some sort of super fan.

Nonleagueherewecome

OK so he was pissed off with the people who did the ribbons.... Weren't the trust posting pics of ribbons they put up outside? I don't need to be Morse but I will change it to say the person who did the ribbons.

That's a bit more enlightening. "Pressley's pissed off with the Trust" is a bit of a wide-sweeping statement.

Nick

Administrator
Funnily enough, you are the first to use the S-word on this particular thread.

So nobody has mentioned season tickets and fisher / waggot? All I said was Pressley was fuming about the blue ribbons somebody put up...

Longford

I've put ribbons up. I'm not a member of the Trust. So the assumption that it must have been Trust members that broke in is currently flawed until some proof is forthcoming. Just trying to be "Readesque" i.e. balanced and fair

Nonleagueherewecome

So nobody has mentioned season tickets and fisher / waggot? All I said was Pressley was fuming about the blue ribbons somebody put up...

Jesus wept...I was making a sarcastic comment. It was in response to your wide-sweeping, could-have-been-made-up comment. You could easily have been implying that Pressley dislikes the Trust campaigns. Just having a problem with a few ribbons shows that it's nothing like the big deal that the lack of detail implied.

bigfatronssba

I've put ribbons up. I'm not a member of the Trust. So the assumption that it must have been Trust members that broke in is currently flawed until some proof is forthcoming. Just trying to be "Readesque" i.e. balanced and fair

Id demand an apology if I was you.

Nick

Administrator
I've put ribbons up. I'm not a member of the Trust. So the assumption that it must have been Trust members that broke in is currently flawed until some proof is forthcoming. Just trying to be "Readesque" i.e. balanced and fair 

I totally agree and sorry for the misleading statement that he was annoyed with the trust. I have corrected it now to say "the people who put ribbons in the training ground".

It is a good job I'm not in CID, as the trust speaking about putting ribbons up at ryton and then ribbons being inside ryton sort of puts people in places and is a bit damning.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Hill83...Your response to my post makes neither sense or reasoning!....As of yet in any of Les Reids' reports fails to show if the question was asked, and if answer given!...Did you ask JS the "Question on everyones lips" If not why?, and if you did, did she give a reply? There's nothing sinister in this request. The whole of Coventry and it's football fans are "Hanging on your every word Les"

Longford

I totally agree and sorry for the misleading statement that he was annoyed with the trust. I have corrected it now to say "the people who put ribbons in the training ground".

It is a good job I'm not in CID, as the trust speaking about putting ribbons up at ryton and then ribbons being inside ryton sort of puts people in places and is a bit damning.

Cheers pal. That's a relief. I don't have to take it any further now. LOL

Ripbuster

Les reid : "I am used to being shot at as a political journalist with extensive experience reporting and commenting on both local and national politics".

IMO he's still full of s**t,unless he can prove he's been shot at.:whistle:

olderskyblue

Nick, the new Les Reid

J

Jack Griffin

I'd say the club is simply reaping what it sowed, they've brought this sort of situation on themselves by moving away from their home.

Some individual hothead is probably responsible.

hill83

@ Hill83...Your response to my post makes neither sense or reasoning!....As of yet in any of Les Reids' reports fails to show if the question was asked, and if answer given!...Did you ask JS the "Question on everyones lips" If not why?, and if you did, did she give a reply? There's nothing sinister in this request. The whole of Coventry and it's football fans are "Hanging on your every word Les"

Yeah I put that in my edit. I liked the gif though, so I left it.

Users who are viewing this thread