Prison of Measured Time blog issues full apology & corrections to Les Reid (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Two years ago, on the day that Paul Clouting resigned, I wrote to Private Eye, suggesting they may be interested in investigating SISU. I'm not saying they reacted to my email, but they are now shining a light on the affair. I have just sent them a brief summary of the Reid-Measured Time debacle. What I'd like to know is, how could the local paper become so out of touch with local sentiment?

torchomatic

Definitely thoughtful, but measured?

Measured Time is the best place for thoughtful and measured reflection on the situation with CCFC.

Houdi

I agree. On one of the responses on the blog, he wrote (and I paraphrase, because all of the criticism and his responses have been removed so I cannot check the exact wording), that he has lots of people who support him. And yet if you look at Twitter, he blocks any criticism and retweets the small amount of praise. Further, he bigs himself up with 'Hack of the Year', 'Grauniad Writer' etc. (parodied here Les and not to be taken literally) in his biog. I think that childish is the very best word to describe his behaviour.

Interestingly the very same Guardian that's parent company makes use of offshore arrangements in the Cayman Islands to limits its tax liability. A report on line has claimed that the Guardian Media Group uses an equity owning trust and Cayman Island offshore corporation to 'avoid' stamp duty. Maybe it helps explains a more sympathetic stance to SISU.

torchomatic

I'm surprised (not!) that no one has mentioned the fact that ACL/CCC have declined a similar interview.

I know people will shout "judicial review" at me until they are sky blue in the face, so I'll look forward to similar interviews in early December once the JR appeal is out of the way.

Grendel

I'm surprised (not!) that no one has mentioned the fact that ACL/CCC have declined a similar interview.

I know people will shout "judicial review" at me until they are sky blue in the face, so I'll look forward to similar interviews in early December once the JR appeal is out of the way.

Also I am sure that the usual "think of the taxpayer" argument will be forgotten regarding the pointless costs wasted on perusing pointless court cases which were never going to be won.

skybluetony176

Two years ago, on the day that Paul Clouting resigned, I wrote to Private Eye, suggesting they may be interested in investigating SISU. I'm not saying they reacted to my email, but they are now shining a light on the affair. I have just sent them a brief summary of the Reid-Measured Time debacle. What I'd like to know is, how could the local paper become so out of touch with local sentiment?

a failing local newspaper at that, Jeremy vine is always going on about how when he worked there it employs 1000's and now its only 100's. you would have thought getting behind local strength of feeling would have been a very good idea indeed.

skybluetony176

they could always approach bob ainsworth for an interview, he seems to be behind the majority of fans on this and even the ones who are total anti ACL/CCC/Higgs stand to gain if his actions are successful. that's the interview i'd like to see les ried do.

Users who are viewing this thread