Pro Evo / Fifa 16 Demos (2 Viewers)

Covstu

Oh god there are now two PES idiots on this thread... Yes I would really pay 70 quid for a shite game

cornoccfc

My review as a chav / idiot (delete as applicable)

Played the demo once.

+ Rewarding passing system
+ Lots of control over shooting
+ Graphically looks nice

- Movement; feels like players only move in 8 directions and a bit clunky

No bias here, I'll buy which ever game is best, was PES from 1 up until 2006, then switched to FIFA from 07 onwards.

From the one game I've played, FIFA definitely has a contender this time around.

covcity4life

Oh god there are now two PES idiots on this thread... Yes I would really pay 70 quid for a shite game

wow name calling

Pre ordered 16!

oh it all makes sense now. another fifa fanboy whos views on pes are bias lmao

are you on PS4 or xbox? looks like the recent PS4 update means that we can import all the kits and stuff again. there are people busily beavering away making a day one option file. someone has already done the coventry kits!

View attachment 4546

i have always been xbox but this gen i will be moving to ps4 pal, we shoul;d have a game. yeah i saw the guy who made that kit on twitter and it looks ace, will use it for master league or just create cov and play them in non ranked matches

really love the pes 16 demo now, the moves possible with manual passing are amazing. for beer swilling fans they dont see the game unfold like that so no use to them.

ajsccfc

I think Konami might have finally cracked it this time. I've hammered the demo and it's got that old PES feel of just one more game, maybe one- wait how is it 2am already? They've added a sense of weight that 15 missed and it all feels satisfying and controlled.

covcity4life

I think Konami might have finally cracked it this time. I've hammered the demo and it's got that old PES feel of just one more game, maybe one- wait how is it 2am already? They've added a sense of weight that 15 missed and it all feels satisfying and controlled.

yup agreed. had a good 3 hour sesh on it a few days ago and its really shining through now

i was juve vs roma and losing 1 nil,in the last min roma are through on goal and i pulled off an amazing last ditch slide tackle and whislt i am countering totti is banging his fists on the pitch asking for a foul! that was brilliant but then i went down other end put a lofted cross in,moratta and their defender contested it and bounced realisitically of a shoulder and fell to pogba on the bounce, hit a volley and it hit the post and bounced out! i lost 1 nil but it was satsifying. in fifa i would have equalised because that game scritps last min goals.

are you on ps4 aj? wanna have some games this year?

ajsccfc

I am yeah, once I get the hang of the top difficulty I'll brave it online. I need to gee myself up to play anything online.

I've not been annoyed with the stamina so much in the demo so I'm not sure if they've tweaked it or I'm just more conservative with the sprints but I don't have half the team running on empty 70 minutes in any more. Also the tackling seems way more improved, and if you mistime it's not an automatic booking like it seemed in 15.

The last time I hammered a demo this much was EA's Euro 2008 which converted me over to that side, so this is very promising. The option files being available this time is sweet icing on the cake.

covcity4life

yeah the stamina is definetly no longer a issue

i agree less yellows is a good thing however there is sometimes murder that goes unpunished in this demo, it needs to be tweaked back slightly lol

yeh cool pm me ya ps name when you ge thang of it and ill play you

*i dont own a ps4 yet, looking for the right bundle lol

do you recommend 500gb or 1tb?

ajsccfc

I've got a release day 500Gb and I've not had any issue with storage, but I tend to delete a lot of stuff routinely. If the price difference is minimal I'd go 1Tb, or even get the 500Gb and buy a separate 2Tb disk if the price works, swapping the drives is child's play apparentl.

covcity4life

yeah but i am too lazy to swap myself

i heard you can get between 12-17 games in 500gb, thats about as much as i buy in a consoles lifespan usually

i am deciding between £289 500gb with 2 games and 3 months ps plus or £309 for 1tb with pes16

whatcha reckon?

ajsccfc

For £20 difference I'd probably go 1Tb, unless PES is also one of the two games you'll get with the 500.

covcity4life

no its not.although can get it discounted to 23 quid

500gb is slightly quieter i heard. have you ever noticed ps4 is too loud for blu ray playback or whilst playing films etc?

ajsccfc

I've not heard a peep out of mine, although I've read complaints from others with release models who've had trouble so it's a little bit of luck. You'd hope that any bought now would have the issues ironed out. Watch out for the rubber on the thumbsticks smoothing out or breaking too, hopefully they've sorted that out.

Alkhen

Ive not filled my 500Gb one yet, think I will have to cull some Ps plus games at some point soon though.

Seconded the thumbstick covers are a must for games like PES, I shredded mine playing PES 2015, luckily I noticed the wear before it was to late and brour some covers, Orb brand I think.

Robccfc87

wow name calling

oh it all makes sense now. another fifa fanboy whos views on pes are bias lmao

"yeh gonna buy call of duty too and then blow my wages on beer and then do a facebook status saying "cant wait for payday"

now i am like all fifa fans! wahey"

yep only an absolute idiot(or chav) would say fifa 15 was better than pes 15

Want to rethink your "name calling" comment!?

ajsccfc

I missed out on Sensible World of Soccer as the SNES got the plain international version instead, but I hammered that for ages. Who needs the Vietnamese second division anyway?

Joy Division

Absolutely loved SWOS on my Commodore Amiga. I think it was one of the first football computer games that got the playability just right, used to play Kick Off before that but was just too arcadey.

covcity4life

Absolutely loved SWOS on my Commodore Amiga. I think it was one of the first football computer games that got the playability just right, used to play Kick Off before that but was just too arcadey.

yeah great game. no coincidence you had good taste pre alcohol:D

Robccfc87

Playability was its strength, unbelievable how far it's gone since those days though. The amount of joysticks I went through playing with mates!!

ajsccfc

I didn't like Kick Off because of the control method that had the ball continue along even when you tried to change direction, I get that they wanted to add more skill and not have the ball stick to a player's foot but it felt more like a Subbuteo sim than a football one.

Emlyn Hughes' Soccer on C64 was my first love though, after a love-hate relationship with the basic football cart that came before. If I tried to compile a list of all the football games I've owned it'd probably make for some serious spending.

covcity4life

I didn't like Kick Off because of the control method that had the ball continue along even when you tried to change direction, I get that they wanted to add more skill and not have the ball stick to a player's foot but it felt more like a Subbuteo sim than a football one.

Emlyn Hughes' Soccer on C64 was my first love though, after a love-hate relationship with the basic football cart that came before. If I tried to compile a list of all the football games I've owned it'd probably make for some serious spending.

do you rememebr bryan robsons man utd in europe?

italia 90 on megadrive was fun too. back then though most games were fun, there wasnt this rigourous reviewing BS and also you could play a game without thinking "i am an adult,i should be doing somethign else with my time" lol

Joy Division

A familiar image if you played Italia 90 ;)

Loved that game
maxresdefault.jpg

stupot07

Yeah sensible soccer was a cracking game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread