Probably wont happen but is this the shrewdest move yet (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Many have said ACL and the council are tin pot.

They will be out manoeuvred by the mighty SISU.

They have given SISU every opportunity to accept a compromise. They came down by 66%

By doing so they exposed SISU's motive to destroy ACL.

They then I believe found a potential buyer who the fans, the council and the Higgs charity would do business with.

They then put the club into administration after SISU threaten liquidation ( whether they believed them or not it gave them justification).

This one is the only grey area it may go either way.

They knew that trying to do business with SISU is impossible so for a new owner to come in SISU would need to be gone. Hence the administration.

If the club had got promoted SISU would have been even harder to shift also the club would become more expensive.

The ten point deduction has taken care of that.

Also now they are trying to push the administrator for it to happen ASAP.

The club will be cheaper to buy.

Haskell can sign a couple of players in the summer release high earners and get pretty much guaranteed success with this team in one season.

A successful football club will help increase the value of the developments he does.

Then he has a choice in the championship.

Sell the lot for a profit. Invest more in the playing squad go for the prem.

Then sell it for a fortune.

I maybe way off the mark but I think little ACL and the council may have royally wiped the floor with SISU.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

They have given SISU every opportunity to accept a compromise. They came down by 66%

They then I believe found a potential buyer who the fans, the council and the Higgs charity would do business with.

They then put the club into administration after SISU threaten liquidation ( whether they believed them or not it gave them justification).

They knew that trying to do business with SISU is impossible so for a new owner to come in SISU would need to be gone. Hence the administration.

If the club had got promoted SISU would have been even harder to shift also the club would become more expensive.

Haskell can sign a couple of players in the summer release high earners and get pretty much guaranteed success with this team in one season.

A successful football club will help increase the value of the developments he does.

I maybe way off the mark but I think little ACL and the council may have royally wiped the floor with SISU.

All good legitimate points Dongonzalos, and agree with all points bar one...SISU put CCFC ltd into ADministration, not ACL/CCC:)

SkyblueBazza

"Haskell can sign a couple of players in the summer release high earners and get pretty much guaranteed success with this team in one season."...this here "pretty much guaranteed success" is referring to what exactly? What would constitute success? Ffp rules will limit such investment so none of the old Big Club Charlie approach will get us out of, what some STILL consider, this "tinpot" league.
There will still be other competitive teams in L1 from this season still around...& others joining us with money already spent & teams gelling together coming down or up! We're going to have to graft to get up & keep as much of what we have already, blending one or two youngsters in - no other way as I see it.

torchomatic

True, although only because ACL/CCC were going to. Also, it's important to remember that SISU were the outfit ACL/CCC wanted last time around, they were the preferred bidder.

There's lots of talk of SISU not doing due diligence on the rent, which is a cast iron fact, however let's hope that ACL check out the American thoroughly before letting him potentially taking over the reins of the City's greatest asset - the football club.

All good legitimate points Dongonzalos, and agree with all points bar one...SISU put CCFC ltd into ADministration, not ACL/CCC:)

Think were find joy and tim hiding in dirty drainpipe like the rats that they really are.Come on mr administrator do the decent think and help us get rid these stinking rats!!!!PUSB

Sky Blue Kid

True, although only because ACL/CCC were going to. Also, it's important to remember that SISU were the outfit ACL/CCC wanted last time around, they were the preferred bidder.

There's lots of talk of SISU not doing due diligence on the rent, which is a cast iron fact, however let's hope that ACL check out the American thoroughly before letting him potentially taking over the reins of the City's greatest asset - the football club.

Sorry Torchy, (To use one of your favourite sayings) "There were no other parties in town"
Therefore SISU were the only bidders, and used blackmail to get what they wanted!

Ashdown1

The Cities greatest asset is on its knees and begging cap in hand to anyone...................it doesn't say much for the rest of our assets !?

Grendel

Sorry Torchy, (To use one of your favourite sayings) "There were no other parties in town"
Therefore SISU were the only bidders, and used blackmail to get what they wanted!

So the council and ACL have played a blinder?

They've already been forced into a 66% reduction in rent and will have to lower it far more to get anyone interested in the club. ACL will probably have to be swallowed up by the club for it to look remotely attractive.

Wow they've really done well.

Even the train station is 2 years late.

I'm impressed.

torchomatic

You forgot to put THE END.

torchomatic

They used blackmail? Ably assisted by none other than Joe "Mr Coventry" Elliot.

Sky Blue Kid

They've already been forced into a 66% reduction in rent and will have to lower it far more to get anyone interested in the club. ACL will probably have to be swallowed up by the club for it to look remotely attractive.

I'm impressed.

Lmfao.....Why am I not surprised Grenduffy is now online?
A couple of points here.....You seem to have replied to Dongonzalos's post thinking it was me who posted it!
2nd point....My reply to Torchy was about SISU buying CCFC in2007(Did I just say buy?)
Do you ever read anything properly? I'll take that as a no then shall I? hahahaha!:facepalm:

torchomatic

dongonzalos

"Haskell can sign a couple of players in the summer release high earners and get pretty much guaranteed success with this team in one season."...this here "pretty much guaranteed success" is referring to what exactly? What would constitute success? Ffp rules will limit such investment so none of the old Big Club Charlie approach will get us out of, what some STILL consider, this "tinpot" league.
There will still be other competitive teams in L1 from this season still around...& others joining us with money already spent & teams gelling together coming down or up! We're going to have to graft to get up & keep as much of what we have already, blending one or two youngsters in - no other way as I see it.

FFP rules affect everyone, under the new ownership we will have increased revenue steams.

If you release the high earners out of contract and pay off some of the others, you have a fantastic squad left over for league one plus a couple of additions on a third of the wages of the high earners were.

Cov ( without the points deduction)
Are on the verge of the play offs despite 5 managers and a circus of off field matters, with this squad. Also three points from a possible 24 at the beginning

Imagine what will happen with fit for purpose owners one manager and a bit of stability

Last edited:

rupert_bear

FFP rules affect everyone, under the new ownership we will have increased revenue steams.
Surely all Heskell or any new owners need to do is sponsor us for 3/4/5 million a year that increases revenue streams and i think the penalty for going over the ffp is a transfer embargo, what's new ?

rupert_bear

I'm impressed.
So the station is ACLs responsibility now, unbelieveble

torchomatic

davebart

I think it is actually impossible for ACL to play a blinder. They are constantly on the back foot because they have a venue which is suitable for only one potential tenant.

In fact SISU engineered the admin of CCFC Ltd from the outset by not paying rent. ACL exist only if income is generated by the stadium. They had to take CCFC to court. it was their only recourse.

SISU are playing the blinder.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

It doesn't matter who is playing who. What truly matters is that CCFC find a way with a transparent group and an owner who is willing to invest in bringing the Football Club and the Arena under one roof, I think everyone agrees this shouldn't be SISU, if Haskell can negotiate this with ACL and buy their stake and purchase the club on the cheap through admin we are pretty much there, crowds may start to return and we are in control of our own future..

stupot07

Surely all Heskell or any new owners need to do is sponsor us for 3/4/5 million a year that increases revenue streams and i think the penalty for going over the ffp is a transfer embargo, what's new ?

Good idea....I can't see our rival clubs or the football league noticing that.......

rupert_bear

Well i think this has been well planned by the good guys (JE & GH). I also think influence and a bit of insider knowledge has been used to manouver sisu into their present position. I for one don't believe for one minute nobody knows where this all important Golden Share is. After the failed bid in early 2012 the good guys have kept their heads down and have popped above the parapet with something to say as they said they would when there was something to say. Don't think for one minute homework hasn't been done, heads got together and a plan formulated to rid us of this lot we have now. As for this Golden Share it seems to me this is the entrance key to the Football League and whoever owns it has the football club and if it has been left with ccfc ltd it looks to me an almighty bollock has been dropped by sisu. Even if sisu bid for ownership of ccfc ltd. which under administation rules they can do they have to pass the fit and proper persons test to run a football club. Do you think sisu will pass that ? after this Golden Share debacle, failing to submit accounts on time three years in a row.

rupert_bear

Good idea....I can't see our rival clubs or the football league noticing that.......
What can anyone do about it ? earnings are earnings and sponsorship are earnings. Owning half the Ricoh each stand has a sponsor, more earnings. Loads of ways to get round it.

davebart

As far as I am aware only one person has ever failed the 'fit and proper persons' test. I don't think it will even apply to SISU who are clearly not crooks. They work entirely within the law.

blueflint

I think it is actually impossible for ACL to play a blinder. They are constantly on the back foot because they have a venue which is suitable for only one potential tenant.

In fact SISU engineered the admin of CCFC Ltd from the outset by not paying rent. ACL exist only if income is generated by the stadium. They had to take CCFC to court. it was their only recourse.

SISU are playing the blinder.

pillock the stadium made a profit without the rent they would like us there but don't need us profit proves that

Sky Blue Kid

They used blackmail? Ably assisted by none other than Joe "Mr Coventry" Elliot.

Seriously!!! is that the best comeback you've got???:facepalm::claping hands::claping hands:
No way to defend SISU....They blackmailed shareholders, and if you ask some of them, they will tell you it's true.
Elliot pushed for SISU' takeover because he was scared of CCFC going into admin, with...take note now.....Nobody else to keep us alive!

stupot07

What can anyone do about it ? earnings are earnings and sponsorship are earnings. Owning half the Ricoh each stand has a sponsor, more earnings. Loads of ways to get round it.

I have no idea what the football league would do, but they wouldn't take kindly to cheating the system. It is also encouraging spending beyond our means, where we really need to focus on becoming sustainable.

What happens if we got promoted doing that? Would we have to invest more 'sponsorship' along with funding losses to stay up, or push for promotion?

torchomatic

Strange I seem to remember there were - coincidently - FIVE interested parties at the time, although only one were named publically: Manhattan Sports Capital. After five or six visits to Coventry and talks with the Council they decided to pull out. The main reason Fletcher resigned, I seem to recall.

Seriously!!! is that the best comeback you've got???:facepalm::claping hands::claping hands:
No way to defend SISU....They blackmailed shareholders, and if you ask some of them, they will tell you it's true.
Elliot pushed for SISU' takeover because he was scared of CCFC going into admin, with...take note now.....Nobody else to keep us alive!

davebart

pillock the stadium made a profit without the rent they would like us there but don't need us profit proves that

and the same to you chum

I look forward to people playing roulette on the pitch. could be a great spectator sport come to think of it.

stupot07

Incorrect - the accounts published were from the 2011/12 financial year and did include the £1.3m rent we paid.

Users who are viewing this thread