"Protest" Scarves (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Problem with that is that many would disagree. Red and green for Coventry is more of a catch all as everyone would want us to return to Coventry.

Also, the reason the United scarf protest worked well is that it was such a contrast. Something red and green could do.

I disagree that many would disagree.... ;)

As for a contrast, Black vs Sky Blue? Seems quite a contrast to me..... and I would think black makes a bigger statement, as it's pretty obvious why we would be wearing it. Lets not forget, when a new club badge was "put out there" lots of people were asking what the significance of the red and green was!!

Anyway, whatever colour, i'd buy one.

Nick

Administrator
Would black and sky blue stand out?

Would need a bit of a vote first I think but it seems green and red seems like more of a goer.

olderskyblue

Would black and sky blue stand out?

Would need a bit of a vote first I think but it seems green and red seems like more of a goer.

I meant it would stand out from a normal sky blue scarf, and would depict the perilous state our club is in.

Hobo

Red and green the club used those colours for one season, so it gives a contrast but a link to the club and the city....perfect.

TurkeyTrot

Haha, I love threads like this, like trying to herd kittens :)
I've had a quote for some top quality scarfs with a small badge embroided on them. Main colours Red and green with skyblue white and black thread running through. Cost to produce would be around £5.60 each. But like I say, they really are top notch product.

Nick

Administrator
Haha, I love threads like this, like trying to herd kittens :)
I've had a quote for some top quality scarfs with a small badge embroided on them. Main colours Red and green with skyblue white and black thread running through. Cost to produce would be around £5.60 each. But like I say, they really are top notch product.

Have you got any pics? Is there a quantity for those?

TurkeyTrot

100 quantity. Been sent a pic of a Polish scarf, you just have to imagine different colours to suit.god knows how I would post it on here :)
PM me your e mail if you like and I'll forward the e mail and pic to you

Nick

Administrator
These do look good! Would people be willing to pay more for a better quality one and a badge?

WGS.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Yep that would look ok, and like you say the Elephant on the Ball for the crest.

The only thing is, is that copyrighted or trademarked for the simple emblem of the elephant on a ball?

Nick

Administrator
Would people pay a tenner for a scarf?

How much would it cost for postage for example for one to send via Royal Mail? (Or does anybody else have dealings with companies who would do it better and cheaper?)

mark82

Would people pay a tenner for a scarf?

How much would it cost for postage for example for one to send via Royal Mail? (Or does anybody else have dealings with companies who would do it better and cheaper?)

Guess it would be about large letter cost plus the envolope. Another 2 or 3 quid I guess.

shmmeee

Just googled it, it's a cat-a-mountain or general wild cat.

Coventry Wild Cats.

Hmmmm, where's the number for that Egyptian billionaire...

Hobo

What sort of cat is that on the top?

It is a mountain cat or wild cat that symbolises 'watchfulness' which is quite appropriate for a fans protest scarf.

chiefdave

A tenner for a scarf doesn't seem too high to me. Is there any local companies who send stuff out mail order who might handle the orders and post them out at cost? Bit of publicity for them, nothing to stop them chucking a flyer in when they're sending them out.

Users who are viewing this thread