Protest (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Nope, the point is can the newspapers expose the people who actually own the club, they are investing in a Caymen Islands hedge fund because they don't want that publicity.

Think he meant about the season ticket money from CCFC going to SISU.

I agree about people digging more into investors etc.

torchomatic

Think he meant about the season ticket money from CCFC going to SISU.

I agree about people digging more into investors etc.

Yep, the bit about our ST cash going directly to the Cayman Islands.

olderskyblue

Wasn't there a thread about a "missing" £???m (can't recall the correct figure tbh) recently? Did that get cleared up? I recall Nick discussing it... (maybe it was his fee for defending SISU...) ;);)

dongonzalos

He finally admitted that it is lower/mid league one budget!!!
It's 2 million.
Same old same old
Owners want success for football club.
Losing 15 million a year when he came in.
This year 1 million profit.
His aim is still and will continue to be to 'Breakeven' !!!!
SISU are not at the games. (Trying to suggest protest towards SISU at games. Pointless as they are not there)
Distancing himself from SISU.
If he gets it to breakeven they will not lose money and not realise their lose and they can just sit in it until the right bid comes along.
(Basically it would be bad for them to walk away as they realise the lose at that point.)
(They are waiting for a bid then, so what is the figure???)
He thinks protests will put off new bidders (again trying to put off protests)
He thinks it is a good investment !!!!!!
Ha Jim white 'what new manager would want it?'
'Tim fisher I agree after last night'
Jim White 'no I mean why would they under SISU'

All the rubbish looking to co locate academy and first team.

Can SISU win over supporters?
No?
Then he attacked the protest again.
Tried to suggest protest has caused the players performance to dip.
Jim white defending fans saying they are good people and they have a case.
Fair play Jim White.

Saying ballboys frightened and crying and he had a message saying someone was ashamed to be a CCFC fan.

Admits SISU make decisions on player sales (despite trying to disassociate SISU and CCFC)

Won't say how much new manager will have.

It is quite clear from this interview the protests are definitely having and impact and SISU want them stopped!!!

So folks his number 1 priority is breakeven. We are not there yet, and we have a mid low division 3 budget.
It will only get worse. !!!

He has screwed up a bit in trying to halt the protests he was making out SISU won't know about the protests. Talksport are taking that as the owners aren't interested in the club.
Mr Fisher had to backtrack a bit then saying maybe they are listening to this interview maybe they were watching last night 'who knows'
Hilarious they were watching and listening and he knows that.

Last edited:

clint van damme

I'm not against the protestors... I thought they had done a great job up to that point... And there was plenty of mentions on Sky all night.

I take issue with the fact that in the context of the game at that point... It was not the right time. Do it at the end... Or at least in stoppage time when it's almost done. Or if you want to go down the line of they would have scored anyway then do it after they do.

We had the chance to get a point.... I'm fucked off we didn't get it.

I never been less disappointed at conceding a late winner. Proud of our fans last night.

clint van damme

Had to hold my lad back, he was itching to get on. Fair play to all that did, I was sorry not to join you but agree with Ian1779 that it's not for kids.

Result was irrelevant. Glad to hear the positive coverage that the protests got.
how old mate? I was the same with mine, 14, thinks he's Danny Dyer! Told him there was no chance, he was gutted!

Otis

One of my friends used to work on the gate and when the first lone protestor came on he said stewards are instructed not to chase people.
One of my friends used to be a sports science nutritionist and he said that the stewards are too fat to chase people.

olderskyblue

duffer

OK - I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but I'll say it anyway. For me pitch invasions are not a legitimate form of protest and we shouldn't do it.

I feel this way because in my head I can draw a straight line from hooliganism in the ground, to pitch invasions, to fences being installed, to Hillsborough where 96 football fans went to watch a game and never went home. No matter how valid the protest (and ours is undoubtedly legitimate), it burns me up when I see someone do it.

We've come a long way as football supporters. I don't want to go back to the days of being penned in like farm animals and treated like criminals. I understand why people went on the pitch last night, but I sincerely hope we don't see this again. Apologies to those who differ.

dadgad

EXCELLENT PROTEST last night. Well done to all who contributed.
In the past I think our lack of passion has permitted our owners to consistently take the piss.
Maybe now Sisu will begin to think twice.

Old Warwickshire lad

Mine's 12. Still a bit young for a criminal record.

Had to keep my 10 year old grandson from running on he said" come on grandad lets go " . Mum and dad both coppers, Christmas would have been over before it started for me.:( ( Mind you I really wanted to). And another thing. There may have only been 50 or so on the pitch, but every fan who could stand was on their feet applauding them. So fair play to anyone on there.

Nick

Administrator
Just told my daughter, she was gutted she didn't see it.

I thought it was going to be very aggressive so I didn't take her. She would have found the lad in the telegraph stand running about hilarious

Users who are viewing this thread