Protests that will affect SISU (1 Viewer)

Generally Midfield

There's lots of arguing about whether yesterday will harm sisu or ccfc. Nick has said on another thread that disrupting SISU would be things like padlocking their doors, cementing the locks or something so they cant get into their office. Someone else (or apologies if it was also Nick) has said before that protests should focus on going after sisu investors and things like that. It doesn't seem like anyone knows if pitch invasions bother sisu. Protesting at sisu office and targeting their investors seems like a much better bet so why aren't the different protest/fans groups doing that?

Nick

Administrator
There's lots of arguing about whether yesterday will harm sisu or ccfc. Nick has said on another thread that disrupting SISU would be things like padlocking their doors, cementing the locks or something so they cant get into their office. Someone else (or apologies if it was also Nick) has said before that protests should focus on going after sisu investors and things like that. It doesn't seem like anyone knows if pitch invasions bother sisu. Protesting at sisu office and targeting their investors seems like a much better bet so why aren't the different protest/fans groups doing that?
That was a childish quick example of how that bothers them and not ccfc.

I'll post some in here from computer, have put some in match thread

skybluetony176

I'm not sure how we could find out who there investors are to go after them directly. They're not referred to as a secretive hedge fund in every article you read about them for nothing.

Said it on another thread but worth saying again. I think it's naive to assume that the attention from the protests so far doesn't bother them. Look at the rhetoric coming from certain quarters, look at how quickly TF came out of the woodwork. It's bothering them OK.

hill83

Everything we do to annoy them could be making them more determined to stay.

If someone drives right up my arse I slow down. Every time.

Edit: I'm not saying don't protest before I get jumped on. It was just a thought.

Last edited:

tisza

On one level it needs something that is novel and will engage the media.
On a 2nd level it needs something that is sustainable.

Pitch protests are getting messy and you can't help feel at some stage it's going to spill over into something nasty either with opposing fans or , even worse, amongst our own supporters.

Personally I would think getting together an umbrella organisation with other clubs with ownership issues (such as Orient, Blackpool, Blackburn, Forest) could create something with more momentum& profile that the FL and media might take more seriously.

One of the key problems is that the media doesn't seem to think football exists outside the Premiership and maybe to a lesser extent the Championship. Occasional lip service pieces about how bad it is etc. isn't really significant.
Look at how much coverage the Newcastle-Mike Ashley situation was getting when they were in the Premiership compared to what they get now and all the other clubs mentioned above get now.

You do realize that they probably don't have anymore investors. Their investors put their money in along time ago with a aim to get money out. I'm sure the protests will put any potential investors off.......although i don't think anymore of those shenanigans should continue. Outside the Ground before a game and after maybe.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

It bothers them as Tony said.
Look at the response previously.
All of a sudden an owner who is hands on making decisions learning more about football. Won't even know the protests happened.
Yet in the same breath the protests are putting off potential investors and losing the team points, yet the owner won't know about them??
Also the threats against those protesting. The threats against those intending to boycott.
It clearly bothers the owners.
Non violent and legal Protests should carry on but also include and add any great ideas on here as well.

Colin Steins Smile

I'm not sure how we could find out who there investors are to go after them directly. They're not referred to as a secretive hedge fund in every article you read about them for nothing.

Said it on another thread but worth saying again. I think it's naive to assume that the attention from the protests so far doesn't bother them. Look at the rhetoric coming from certain quarters, look at how quickly TF came out of the woodwork. It's bothering them OK.
Finding out who the investors are is a fruitless task, as I would expect that Otium shares are bundled up with a few other investments in each investors portfolio. What would get JS attention is publicity that damages future investment into SISU. Highlighting the impact of converting debt into shares for investors with the prospect of NO return due to SISUs incompetence in running the club could raise negative attention for SISU.
Basically SISU involvement in CCFC has depressed returns !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would think that protests that directly affect Seppala would upset her. As it stands the fans protests at matches she is insulated against to some degree, not least by Fisher but also she doesn't attend. I am sure she never expected half of the animosity from investing in a football team. They have some time ago parked CCFC as an investment and in doing so insulated SISU Capital against further capital loss

To think that SISU have no investors is I feel misleading. Their investments are not just about CCFC and some of the other ones have achieved decent returns judging by the fees extracted. So non football invested clients could well be very happy with the return and if not UK based not affected by CCFC fans protesting.

That said the more that fans can get the name associated in the media with CCFC and its troubles the better. It would make UK investors think before investing with them but wouldn't necessarily stop them. Eventually the association will filter through to foreign clients. However in the SISU Capital accounts it does refer to reorganising to become " a principal owned investment vehicle" in which case it could be even harder to put people off

We have to put pressure, legally, on SISU and its directors. The fans pressure is currently on CCFC and to some degree the Football League

Last edited:

Astute

Everything we do to annoy them could be making them more determined to stay.

If someone drives right up my arse I slow down. Every time.

Edit: I'm not saying don't protest before I get jumped on. It was just a thought.
They don't give a shit about us or CCFC. Just money and reputation. So the only ways we can get at them is by ruining their reputation and hitting them where it hurts. In the pocket.

Sky Blue Harry H

Organise and agitate I was taught and any method goes within the law

The key word is organise. I'd like Fisher to be quizzed by Talk Sport again, as this debacle continues -particularly if we go down (which may be well before the end of the season). At least they asked him a few relevant questions..

rd45

If we get a big gate for the semi against Wycombe & then go a couple of goals down - it could all kick off in a big way. Live on the telly. Just saying.

Otis

If we get a big gate for the semi against Wycombe & then go a couple of goals down - it could all kick off in a big way. Live on the telly. Just saying.
Powder keg game.

Fans will be just as frustrated with the team and manager as they will with the owners.

Just how many times do we seem to bottle it in the big games!
At home, in front of a big crowd, League One v Two we should win, but this is Coventry City.

I can easily see Wycombe winning this one and winning this one quite easily.

rupert_bear

I look at sisu as a two headed serpent the sisu head and the Fisher head cut one off and the other may die. The Fisher head I believe is the one to concentrate on. Get into his life outside us, his life, his actions and decisions as chairman here, the Sixfields decision and the substiquant loss of revenue to the ccfc business, which we have never recovered from by the way and the new ground farce with it's announcement in three weeks joke.Done correctly and factually could have a marked effect on him and other business interests or projects he may be involved in. People can be hired to do that. He will be much less able to withstand that than sisu, as long as it is factual. In my opinion getting Tim Fisher out is as important as sisu. There is possibly another way, pay him to go, money talks.

Last edited:

pastythegreat

On one level it needs something that is novel and will engage the media.
On a 2nd level it needs something that is sustainable.

Pitch protests are getting messy and you can't help feel at some stage it's going to spill over into something nasty either with opposing fans or , even worse, amongst our own supporters.

Personally I would think getting together an umbrella organisation with other clubs with ownership issues (such as Orient, Blackpool, Blackburn, Forest) could create something with more momentum& profile that the FL and media might take more seriously.

One of the key problems is that the media doesn't seem to think football exists outside the Premiership and maybe to a lesser extent the Championship. Occasional lip service pieces about how bad it is etc. isn't really significant.
Look at how much coverage the Newcastle-Mike Ashley situation was getting when they were in the Premiership compared to what they get now and all the other clubs mentioned above get now.
Look at Forest! Clubs below them have been getting shit on worse than them for years yet their owner sells a few players and pockets the cash and all of a sudden the media call him the worst owner in football!

Said on twitter ages ago we need to unite with other fans and March on the FA/EFL headquarters.
Nobody gives a shit about 500 unhappy Charlton fans. They give even less of a shit about 300 annoyed cov fans and don't even notice 150 pissed off Blackpool fans.
If 6000 or 7000 fans from all the teams (Charlton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Forest, Leyton Orient, City) marched to the headquarters, you'd probably close the roads around it for hours.
Now that's gotta put pressure on the FA to do something.
It's a shame the trust are so single minded on pitch invasions to 'hurt' SISU!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

You would take football out of it. Investors don't care about the emotion of football. Focus 100% on their business failings, get that highlighted in the relevant media such as the financial times.

Maybe one of the protest groups could approach the Sunday Times to do a follow up on their Queen of Debt article that they ran a good few years ago using CCFC as the focal point?

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody spoken to the rugby club Coleman is in with? Rugby clubs must have fans groups, probably have their own osbs.

I'll have a look when at computer.

NortonSkyBlue

These are my some of my suggestions for what it is worth that should be legal and doable with funds.
1. start a protest fund with a view to:
2. Buy advertising space in financial journal to pinpoint owners failings
3. Buy billboard advertising space with content along the lines of political parties side of bus messages
4. Buy a big banner with protest message along the lines of " this is our club, its time to go" or words to that effect placed directly opposite their sight lines
5. Produce a protest scarf in green and red to raise funds and identify fellow protesters
6. Target Tim Fisher with emails where we fill up his in box one day a week- Timmy Tuesday
7. Set up a website and call it sisu out and ensure through google analytics that is placed above sisu on the search engine

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think these protests have an effect, but probably not a massive amount. They can just turn a blind eye.

The target has to be SISU directly. I'm not going to spell out what that means in case something happens and it comes back to my door but I think it is pretty clear...

shmmeee

Has everyone written a comment on the DCMS Select Committee Enquiry?

The Governance of Football inquiry

Real pressure on the FA/FL will come from government taking away funding and the like. I'd say talk to your MP as well, but I imagine in Coventry they already know, but if you're outside Cov it's worth a shout to raise awareness. Someone should keep an eye on that page for when their next meeting is, a small protest with other fans in Parliament Square might get some national attention.

That's longer term and keeping the pressure on stuff, obviously not a replacement for any direct action against the FA/FL/Sisu.

As for Sisu protests: we could do with the London Supporters Club on board because let's be honest most City fans won't be able to go down to London on the regular to protest them. Keep digging for investors, protest outside Coleman/Seppala/Fisher's house if that information becomes available. Though leave kids out of anything for God's sake.

The long and the short of it is though, you can't shame the shameless. Nor can 500 angry City fans have a financial impact on a London millionaire without bricks and mortar investments.

joemercersaces

Sisu aren't going to be producing any glossy brochures any time soon with a picture of the Ricoh, the league table and the attendance figures at the time they took over, with a 'look what we've done' then and now feature, are they.

We didn't own the ground and it's income generators then but the expectation on all sides was that we would. We were a well supported championship club looking to the Premier League and to staying there.

Now Wasps own the Ricoh, gates are at 8000 and God alone knows how low next year, we are adrift at the bottom of the third tier.

Good work SISU. Go brag about that in the City.

rupert_bear

Has anybody spoken to the rugby club Coleman is in with? Rugby clubs must have fans groups, probably have their own osbs.

I'll have a look when at computer.
Good point Nick, I believe Dermot Coleman or his brother have some sort of indenture on the St Helens ground don't know why or any details perhaps if asked some St Helens fans will tell us.

rexo87

One protest that has been mentioned on the u18 thread and I have thought about is getting a couple of thousand of fans to come and watch the u18 on a Saturday morning rather than going to the 1st team game in the afternoon. I'm not saying that this will hurt sisu but there are a few reasons for it.
  • It shows what the academy means to us and could get national coverage
  • They are 2nd in the table just behind Charlton with games in hand - they deserve support
  • they play superb football
Could be part of a mass boycott of one home game later this season

Nick

Administrator
One protest that has been mentioned on the u18 thread and I have thought about is getting a couple of thousand of fans to come and watch the u18 on a Saturday morning rather than going to the 1st team game in the afternoon. I'm not saying that this will hurt sisu but there are a few reasons for it.
  • It shows what the academy means to us and could get national coverage
  • They are 2nd in the table just behind Charlton with games in hand - they deserve support
  • they play superb football
Could be part of a mass boycott of one home game later this season
It wouldn't hurt sisu but it would be pro ccfc with the added bonus of seeing decent football in ccfc shirts!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Look at Forest! Clubs below them have been getting shit on worse than them for years yet their owner sells a few players and pockets the cash and all of a sudden the media call him the worst owner in football!

Said on twitter ages ago we need to unite with other fans and March on the FA/EFL headquarters.
Nobody gives a shit about 500 unhappy Charlton fans. They give even less of a shit about 300 annoyed cov fans and don't even notice 150 pissed off Blackpool fans.
If 6000 or 7000 fans from all the teams (Charlton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Forest, Leyton Orient, City) marched to the headquarters, you'd probably close the roads around it for hours.
Now that's gotta put pressure on the FA to do something.
It's a shame the trust are so single minded on pitch invasions to 'hurt' SISU!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Good idea I'd go but would you?
Oh and by the way could you please send me any information that the trust have any involvement in the pitch invasions?

christonabike

How about our host "Nick" who is anti Sisu but CCFC who have no connection finance wise chains himself to Sisus HQ in London on a Monday morning and I will buy the chains and even ring all the press and TV stations to see the event. Better than putting cement in locks as he has suggested and then we can see Nicks true intentions.
Yes or No Nick as you seem very positive on separating the two entities.

Users who are viewing this thread