• Yes

Votes: 84 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Froth

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

torchomatic

HR had character and atmosphere. Two things the Ricoh always lacked. Maybe it just needs a winning team in it?

Can't believe you called HR a dump.

Love the Ricoh. Even better with City in it.

1 Million times better than HR.

Now that was a dump!

Smudge9

its a great stadia, modern, well equipped, good enough for the Olympics too, hopefully we will be back soon and hopefully treat it as it should be by packing it week in week out regardless, not just when Chelsea visit in the cup.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well said MMM, what the fuck went wrong with you Edgy? You used to be a decent poster on GMK in better days, you now seem to be brainwashed by Fisher and Co's poison and spout rubbish like this?
When you come over the brow of the hill from town and look across at the Ricoh, it is a fantastic sight and that stadium would grace any similar sized City. The whole complex is superb , with what it can offer. All it needs to be better is a few capacity crowds, City playing at a higher level to achieve that, a rail stop and some further development of the surrounding land with a few more bars/restaurants !

Here here. I can only presume that he/she was 'too busy' to be at the Crewe game this time last year.

There's nothing wrong with the Ricoh. There's plenty wrong with the owners that can't bring a football team to the table that's deserved of the location. The fact that he/she has offered up unconditional and sycophantic support to the current regime in it's many iterations that have overseen the most stark decline imaginable is probably the reason that frustration is manifesting itself in threads as errant as this

dongonzalos

Lucas reckons everyone who passes the Ricoh looks on proudly!

I certainly don't. It's an embarrassment and I can hardly bare to look at the damn thing.

If you forget about CCFC

Prior to this we had nothing venue wise in Coventry

edgy

I was there MMM, to add to most other home games.

You're still judging the Ricoh with City in it. We're not there. What's to be proud of?

I'm a "he", by the way. You twat.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You're all too quick to respond and shout at someone with a differing view, without actually thinking about what they've actually asked.

CCFC is what makes the Ricoh. It's nothing without us. What's to be proud of?

It's not a differing view; it's just fucking stupid. Hence the response. Try wearing sausages to work instead of shoes and people will call you a fool. Same here

hill83

As an actual building, no. Couldn't care less about it.
But with us playing there, hell yes. It's a fantastic venue.

dongonzalos

Harsh. But expected from the likes of you.

I think you are all voting in the past if you like. What it there to be proud of there?

The past was when we had not large scale events in the city

Such as oasis,take that, pink, bon jonvi, red hot chilli peppers etc

torchomatic

I have no interests in any of those bands but I take your point. However the Ricoh is a football stadium and really is a bit rubbish without a football club in it. Although I'm not a big fan of the Ricoh I'd be happy if we were back there tomorrow if we could.

If SISU ever did get hold of the stadium (Which will never happen) then I would hope that they make the Ricoh more CCFC focussed. One major problem for me is it's lack of identity as Coventry City's home ground. It's been obvious since day one that we were only kipping on the sofa as it were.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The Yin to that Yang being that Bruce Springsteen turned up too!

What a conundrum there would be if Marillion turned up, promising a one-off rendition of all of their dustiest old shite there. Grendel would be outside, not knowing whether to compromise himself by lining Lucas' pockets or not, in a terrible Smeagol/Gollum phase change between attendance and abstinence

Norman Binns

I was there MMM, to add to most other home games.

You're still judging the Ricoh with City in it. We're not there. What's to be proud of?

I'm a "he", by the way. You twat.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you just plain stupid? Such a daft statement to make! The stadium itself is still the same whether there's anyone in it or not. Remind us, who took us away from the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
I drive past it most days but not really fussed about it while we don't play there. If there was more to do there other than football then it would probably be different (while we aren't there).

Norman Binns

I'm not proud of it.....its only a fucking building.

If I'd designed it or built it, I may have some feelings of pride towards it......but I didn't, so its just a building.

I'm proud of my kids. I 'm proud of some of my achievements.

But I'm no more proud of the Ricoh as I am proud of the local post office, the pub or a bus shelter.

Its just a building. Who fucking cares unless its got City playing in it?

That’s fair enough and I pretty much agree with your sentiments. At least you’ve put forward your reasons why unlike the OP. Do you feel embarrassed by the Ricoh though?

Do you not feel embarrassed, almost ashamed, that as far as a stadium to be proud of is concerned, we’re plumbing the depths in our current situation at Sixfields.

Metaphorically speaking, I wouldn’t be seen dead at Sixfields.

magic82ball

I'm not proud of it.....its only a fucking building.

If I'd designed it or built it, I may have some feelings of pride towards it......but I didn't, so its just a building.

I'm proud of my kids. I 'm proud of some of my achievements.

But I'm no more proud of the Ricoh as I am proud of the local post office, the pub or a bus shelter.

Its just a building. Who fucking cares unless its got City playing in it?

Shame

ccfctommy

To me I just think of it being a depressing bowl that was only ever a third full. Great facilities yes, but whoever said HR was a dump needs their head testing.

torchomatic

Ah similar to NOPM and Arsenal then?

What a conundrum there would be if Marillion turned up, promising a one-off rendition of all of their dustiest old shite there. Grendel would be outside, not knowing whether to compromise himself by lining Lucas' pockets or not, in a terrible Smeagol/Gollum phase change between attendance and abstinence

bringbackrattles

I don't think the Ricoh is an embarrassment the owners who have brought our club down are though !
The Ricoh is a modern arena and is just a building but it was built as the "home" of Coventry City Football Club,and I have always felt proud when watching my team play there.

Nick

Administrator
I personally feel a bit sadder sometimes at seeing what used to be HR and the pictures of HR being knocked down. Might just be because that was my childhood.

Moff

Its a nice ground, but not really as bothered about it without City in it as its just another Civic Building. We just need the Club back in it.

I will never regard it as highly as Highfield Road as I have too many happy memories there, and to me that will always have been our proper home.

edgy

It's nice to see some folk actually responding to the question asked without flying off the handle and throwing insults about.

I'm waiting for Rob2689 or whatever to come on and wish a car crash on me.

Moff

Yes. And I made my dungeon with the finest quality materials too...

Pity we dont know what Seppala looks like, as we could chloroform her, Fisher and Labostutter, and lock the muppets in there until they agree to sell up

(** To SISU's solicitors this is a joke and if you take it seriously and throw your dolly out of the pram then you are truly the most pathetic people ever)

Last edited:

GaryPendrysEyes

If you dont think The Ricoh improved Coventry you need your head examined. Its not like we are knee deep in modern, high prestige facilities is it??
The shed in Northants that Sisu are making us play in, not proud of that.

chiefdave

To be honest the only thing I miss about HR is the history.

The Ricoh is a fantastic facility and there is no chance we'd have seen the artists and events we have had in the last few years taking place in the city without out. You just have to listen to how everyone not connected with CCFC talks about it to realise what a great facility it is.

Ashdown1

I brought along a lot of friends and business associates to matches at the Ricoh { some from abroad} and all without fail thought that the stadium was a credit to the City. I have great memories from HR but they'd given up on it and it was crumbling away at the end. We were very lucky to get a fabulous new stadium {although of course the original directors should have negotiated more realistic terms} and then Ray Ranson came skulking around with his monied contacts looking to capitalise and the rest is our 'Shameful history' !

Astute

I preferred HR. Many fond memories. Saw some great players. .even sometimes playing for us.

On my away days there are two things I look forward to. One is terracing where I can stand up and go mental. The other is a new stadium that looks better than most. The Ricoh would be one of those. We are lucky to have a ground like the Ricoh. Just a shame we don't play there ATM. I will be back as soon as our club is.

bringbackrattles

Loved Highfield Road from the Spion Kop to the West End it was a proper football ground.Gutted when we left it but had to move on to our new stadium and have always liked the Ricoh as it was going to be our new home so accepted it.
Let's not slag off a stadium save that for the people who have put us in this mess.

stupot07

It's hosted World Cup football, Davis Cup tennis, European Cup rugby; and some of the most significant artists in arena music. And it's in our city. If that doesn't make you proud, then your regular residence on GMK, which has dwindled to an embarrassing shadow of what it once was, with an acidic, myopic exchange of views from within the same gene pool is quite understandable

When did we host World Cup football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

When did we host World Cup football?

Sorry, Olympics. The rage-induced blood surge went to my head. Same principal applies though.

Whilst here; perhaps you'd care to navigate your way back to the thread from earlier with regards the difference between freehold and long leasehold with across to incomes. You seemingly had to dash off, leaving the debate unfinished. I'm interested in your comment. Thanks

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Ladies football he means.

Ladies World Cup. Gents Olympics. It's all decent fare. If we didn't have it, and say, Leicester had all of it, can you imagine the insults thrown at our 'short sighted' council then; leaving great big bit of prime land fallow, with an unsightly disused gas works on them?

Ashdown1

Leicester is a very pertinent comparison for me living in this corner of Sth West Leics. Last weekend saw their football team crush Derby to stay top, the Rugby team reached the last 8 of the European Cup and their basketball team won the cup at a packed NIA. I'll tell you what though the people really get behind their sports teams over there ! It was at least a feather in our cap to actually have a better football stadium than them with louder and prouder vocal support..................until SISU gave us the Sixfields morgue that is !

The Gentleman

I have no interests in any of those bands but I take your point. However the Ricoh is a football stadium and really is a bit rubbish without a football club in it. Although I'm not a big fan of the Ricoh I'd be happy if we were back there tomorrow if we could.

If SISU ever did get hold of the stadium (Which will never happen) then I would hope that they make the Ricoh more CCFC focussed. One major problem for me is it's lack of identity as Coventry City's home ground. It's been obvious since day one that we were only kipping on the sofa as it were.

More CCFC focused, do you want Pressley on the Blackjack tables or Leon Clarke rapping in the exibition hall? you have big fucking badges on the outside and had a team called Coventry City on the inside with it written all over the seats which are Sky Blue, what fucking more do you want?

You talk about HR roads atmosphere, was that on a pissing down Tuesday night when it was less than half full? For me the best thing about HR was the history and the walk to the ground in all them side streets (and the fact I lived on Swan Lane). The pubs from town and back again were good too. Nobody would fuck all bad about the Ricoh if it was built on Gosford Green in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread