Proud (1 Viewer)

Wow, that's amazing. My son is 3 and he can't even sing twinkle,twinkle little star!

My daughter can now sing the sky blue song at 3 1/2 although I am not sure who sheski are !

Also there is no such colour as blue in her eyes and its always sky blue army blue which can be a bit embarrassing if out. This is just something she has latched on to during our conversations. She has not yet been to a game though.

Last edited:

WestEndAgro

Jess , my 8 year old, is a sky Blue nut, my other two, i can't remember their names are not bothered

My 4 year old first went to the Ricoh when he was 18 months old in my old company box, he has been up loads since...today my wife text me to say he watching the Man Utd V Cov (Carling Cup win) in his City kit.... shouting get in there and singing go for it city......lol not sure where he picked up the go for it city lyrics....PUSB
:claping hands:

Ashdown1

I've taken my kids to:
Coventry City
Coventry Rugby
Coventry Speedway
Coventry Blaze
And we live in SW Leics........................they can't say they didn't get a choice can they??;)

Mr B

It was so quiet at times yesterday. I'm guessing it was because we all feel a bit battered by everything thats been going on.

During the second half, my daughter asked me why it was so quiet, I responded by saying it only takes one person to make a noise, and she's good at making noise.

She then proceded to shout at the top of her voice "In our Coventry homes" sang it through a few times and then went to the Sky Blue Song.

She turned to me and said "I think that helped" and gave me a hug.

It dawned on me. At 3 years old, she has grasped the core fundamentals of being a supporter. Every time we attacked, she was excited. Genuinely pleased to see a good peice of attack or to see us defend effectively. She may not know the ins and outs of football or have any concept of the off-pitch stuff, but when Carl Baker gets the ball, it's amazing, when The Sky Blues score, its the highight of her day. When we concede her immediate thought "I hope we score again" and when its quiet, she'll sing her anthem.

She's my hero and I'm proud of her. I think we can all take a leaf out of her book on match day.

Lovely to hear, not all kids are turned by the big teams, i'm hoping mine follow the teams of their City too.

It was so quiet at times yesterday. I'm guessing it was because we all feel a bit battered by everything thats been going on.

During the second half, my daughter asked me why it was so quiet, I responded by saying it only takes one person to make a noise, and she's good at making noise.

She then proceded to shout at the top of her voice "In our Coventry homes" sang it through a few times and then went to the Sky Blue Song.

She turned to me and said "I think that helped" and gave me a hug.

It dawned on me. At 3 years old, she has grasped the core fundamentals of being a supporter. Every time we attacked, she was excited. Genuinely pleased to see a good peice of attack or to see us defend effectively. She may not know the ins and outs of football or have any concept of the off-pitch stuff, but when Carl Baker gets the ball, it's amazing, when The Sky Blues score, its the highight of her day. When we concede her immediate thought "I hope we score again" and when its quiet, she'll sing her anthem.

She's my hero and I'm proud of her. I think we can all take a leaf out of her book on match day.

I'm filling up now (seriously) - good post, brings us down to earth amid all the recent hysteria and hype.

Users who are viewing this thread