Purely hypothetical.................................. (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

but if, just IF, City ceased to exist as a football club because of recent events, who would you then follow? Do you have a "second" team that you look for the results of?
Personally, I would follow Southampton. Two reasons, they're local for me and they are a similar club to Cov.

Any other thoughts? :thinking about:

skybluejelly

the reason i followed coventry in the beginning was that they were local..(well to rugby anyway) all of my family support Arsenal.. but could honestly say i do not and could not have the same feelings about any other team...

1nilandwe...

Probably Leamington. But if I ever moved away from the area I'd find it very hard to follow them then. Whereas I could follow Coventry from anywhere.

WillieStanley

I would maybe follow another team but never ever feel the same passion as I do for City. That team would be Burton Albion!

but if, just IF, City ceased to exist as a football club because of recent events, who would you then follow? Do you have a "second" team that you look for the results of?
Personally, I would follow Southampton. Two reasons, they're local for me and they are a similar club to Cov.

Any other thoughts? :thinking about:

Coventry Sphinx for me - no histrionics - play with passion - excellent set up - good quality of play - Coventry in title.

Might even become a Season Ticket holder

barnsleyskyblue

local team is Barnsley, a good well run club will small but loyal following, don't think i could do it, despite leaving coventry 24 years ago i still regard it as my home town.

SkyBlueSwiss

There would be a new team, and no matter how low down the leagues they started, they would have my support. If the club belonged to the fans (Trust, where are you?) I would even consider giving a few hundred quid to help start things (issue shares in the new club?).

If no new club, then that would be the end of football for me except following the England side.

BrisbaneBronco

I support Brisbane Broncos Rugby League as well as CCFC and Brisbane Roar FC.
If CCFC did not exist the my support would go two ways instead of three.
If I lived in the UK and CCFC failed to exist I would not be a glory hunter and would chose a club of similar standing to how we used to be ie a Southampton or Norwich type team perhaps even Reading.

ajsccfc

Do either of you follow Aussie Rules? I got into it for a while due largely to insomnia and it being shown live at crazy times in the early morning.

AFL is utter garbage...how they have the nerve call it football is beyond me...and they take it soooooooo seriously!
So in answer to your question no I aint into it at all :-D

BrisbaneBronco

AFL is utter garbage...how they have the nerve call it football is beyond me...and they take it soooooooo seriously!
So in answer to your question no I aint into it at all :-D

Same here. AFL is called aerial ping pong. Utter tripe.
There are a number of CCFC supporters down in Aus, yet as far as I know, no supporters club.
One guy can be seen regularly at Perth Glory games wearing a City shirt.

The Penguin

No, there isn't an Australian supporters club.

Though I was once named and quoted in an article written back in 1999 as being a co-founder of a new Australian Supporters Club.

Which was news to me, I was nineteen, at university, time poor and had absolutely no intention of founding a supporters club :facepalm:

ajsccfc

Did it help cure your insomnia? :D

I was transfixed! They're bombing around with no sleeves on probably the biggest pitch in any sport and it looks like they're playing at least fifteen different sports at the same time. A harkback to the halcyon days of getting up early to watch Transworld Sport and seeing about Kabaddi and other stuff I'd never heard of.

The Penguin

I was transfixed! They're bombing around with no sleeves on probably the biggest pitch in any sport and it looks like they're playing at least fifteen different sports at the same time. A harkback to the halcyon days of getting up early to watch Transworld Sport and seeing about Kabaddi and other stuff I'd never heard of.

It's not that exciting anymore. Constant rule changes have put paid to the physicality of the sport.

I used to like it, but I find it unwatchable now.

BrisbaneBronco

Closest sport in Northern Hemisphere is Gaelic Football. There are a lot of players from Ireland over here playing Aussie Rules. The game is massive in Melbourne and local derbys can attract up to 100,000+ gates. Beats me!!!!

Rugby league aint no better...a six fingered northern monkey game.rugby league with all the skill taken out but they love it up in nsw and q/land.... Weird

Stevearcade

Your football club is like a tattoo. With you for life. If Cov ceased to exist I don't think I'd ever be able to bring myself to follow another team with such enthusiasm or interest. I'd like to see Brighton & Hove Albion do well as they're local team living on the South Coast and my Mum's from Brighton and we'd always keep an eye on what they were doing when I was growing up. But they'd never replace Cov. City till I die...

hamil99

Facebook User
I'd support a newly reformed cov team (as someone stated before, I would also be happy to give as much as I could afford at the time, to get it going) otherwise, with me and the misses probably moving to Gibraltar soon, I think I would follow a local team to me, but never with the love I hav for cov...

Black6Osprey

I couldn't follow another team. It would just be a few games on TV and a bit of youth football coaching for me. Tbh it sounds more appealing than all this BS we are putting up with at the minute.

RedSalmon

Saw an Aussie rules game when I was out there a few years ago. Melbourne Hawks against the Geelong Cats, at The Melbourne Cricket Ground. Think there was about 60,000 there to watch. Hate to say it but I was absolutely fascinated by it!!!! As a live spectacle it was superb.

VegetableSamosa

Guess I'd resort to Colchester United, seeing as I live here and pay half an interest to how they're doing. But, Cov going belly up would leave a rather large empty hole. I'd still take my flag everywhere with me.

Plymouth Sky Blue

Friary Mill Youth F.C. My boy plays for the under 8's, it's nice watching them play football because they want to.
Probably look out for Plymouth Argyle, but it wouldn't be the same.

covmark

Salisbury city for me as its my local team, but there's no way I'd have the same passion for it, I'd be more a follower than a fan

RichieGunns

I don't like the idea of it but I guess I'd follow one of my parents teams.

They would either be West Brom (Dad) or West Ham (Mum).

It would probably have to be West Brom as they're local in relation to Coventry.

But I would never feel the same way about football again...

Users who are viewing this thread