Quiz Shows (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Does anyone else like quiz programmes ? When I get in I'm a bit addicted to watching the Chase even though there usually repeats.Pointless is okay but prize money is a bit naff, and my favourite used to be Blockbusters. Any other favourites ?

LastGarrison

Partial to a bit of Countdown and 15 to 1 as well.

And the one on the lottery show where they had to "name them" with Nick Knowles was good.

The Chase is still the Daddy though.

Otis

I like quiz shows, but I like them like my next door neighbour, simple.

Don't like all the flashing lights and massive pauses and glitzy sets. Should all be about the format of the quiz itself. Don't know why they have to have these luscious sets and fabulous backdrops.

For me it is all about the questions and topics.

ajsccfc

In addition to the needless finding out about the contestants, I hate the increasing padding in some where rather than just answer questions they have to explain why they're discounting some answers and why they're going for others.

15 to 1 was the best in that regard - here are 15 people here are a shitload of questions go go go no time to lose

LastGarrison

How could I forget Going For Gold??? Loved that!!

That new one where you have to get the counters to the bottom like a 2p machine in some Blackpool amusement arcad is utter pish though.

ajsccfc

The ones they wrap the lottery draw in are a mixed bag. One with Shane Richie is alright as it's quickfire quizzing against the clock with bearable quiz show banter, but there's another with Dale Winton that's a load of thickos telling us why they're not picking Dartmouth as the capital of France while concerned family members smile or scowl with a structure to the quiz that makes very little sense.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Right then my quiz show idea shoot it down in flames if you like
2 teams 5 in a team
Quiz master asks random general knowledge questions but can ask the same e contestant more then one question in a row ( to pressure them)
At the end of each round you have to vote off a member of your team
At the end of the quiz whoever has the most money wins
They are then given the opportunity to double the winnings but the person voted off first hasto answer the question
I was on a nightshift bored when I came up with the idea
Would be good on a dvd game
Challangetvtastic

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Although not quiz related I remember a girl at school being convinced that Paris is the capital of Rome!
Stupid cow! Anyone knows that the letter "R" is the capital of Rome!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I love quiz shows. I'm a bit of an addict. Missus hates me watching them because I constantly get answers right. (Not braggin' honestly!) I'm just a general knowledge nut.
But what really gets on my nerves is why does the quizmaster (or whoever) always ask the contestant, "What are you going to spend the money on?" Who the **** gives a ****?
So what if some numpty wants to go on a holiday or buy another car! If I won and was asked this, I'd just say "At my age, I'm just gonna waste it all on a good prostitute!" and then wink at the camera!

Otis

I love quiz shows. I'm a bit of an addict. Missus hates me watching them because I constantly get answers right. (Not braggin' honestly!) I'm just a general knowledge nut.
But what really gets on my nerves is why does the quizmaster (or whoever) always ask the contestant, "What are you going to spend the money on?" Who the **** gives a ****?
So what if some numpty wants to go on a holiday or buy another car! If I won and was asked this, I'd just say "At my age, I'm just gonna waste it all on a good prostitute!" and then wink at the camera!
Wink? Is that a typo?

Terry Gibson's perm

The ones they wrap the lottery draw in are a mixed bag. One with Shane Richie is alright as it's quickfire quizzing against the clock with bearable quiz show banter, but there's another with Dale Winton that's a load of thickos telling us why they're not picking Dartmouth as the capital of France while concerned family members smile or scowl with a structure to the quiz that makes very little sense.

The Winton one annoys me he goes so slow to keep the prize down.

Terry Gibson's perm

The pointless prize is a joke it way to low, I like Tipping point.

going for gold was never fair as all the question were in English/Irish

Sometimes watch countdown but only really watch for Rachel and it does make me laugh when she can't do the sums.

Malaka

I love them, and been on a couple (autographs and selfies can be arranged)

vow

Used to enjoy Shooting Stars for a short period, 1st coupla series, George Daws being my fave. I guess it was more a fook about kinda show than a quiz.
It was when Vic and Bob were still funny, just after Vic Reeves Big Night Out.

Otis

Anyone watching the Question Jury on Channel 4?

Brand new series which just started on Monday.

Format is of a jury room and there 7 jurors must deliberate over a series of questions pit via a audio link and try and win money in the process.

Really enjoying it. Quite a novel concept and it is also very much a study in social cohesion, as the jurors debate and battle it out.

Each day only one juror can go home with the money, so the whole thing does tend to fracture a little and little cliques are formed and certain jurors castigated and isolated from the group during the numerous recesses held.

Really enjoying it so far. On every day 4-5pm. Recommended.

Otis

Anyone watching the Question Jury on Channel 4?

Brand new series which just started on Monday.

Format is of a jury room and there 7 jurors must deliberate over a series of questions pit via a audio link and try and win money in the process.

Really enjoying it. Quite a novel concept and it is also very much a study in social cohesion, as the jurors debate and battle it out.

Each day only one juror can go home with the money, so the whole thing does tend to fracture a little and little cliques are formed and certain jurors castigated and isolated from the group during the numerous recesses held.

Really enjoying it so far. On every day 4-5pm. Recommended.
No-one else watching this?

Some of them answers are hilarious. The answer to each question has to be the unanimous verdict of the jury.

Yesterday one question was 'Which is the only continent that is in all four hemispheres?'

They came to the conclusion that it was Europe. The working out behind this was that as the UK 'owns/rules' the Falklands, that makes the Falklands in Europe. ' :)

covmark

No-one else watching this?

Some of them answers are hilarious. The answer to each question has to be the unanimous verdict of the jury.

Yesterday one question was 'Which is the only continent that is in all four hemispheres?'

They came to the conclusion that it was Europe. The working out behind this was that as the UK 'owns/rules' the Falklands, that makes the Falklands in Europe. ' :)
Much prefer Tipping Point and they clash I'm afraid Otis.
Some of the answers on there are hilarious too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread