Ranson and Facebook rumours (1 Viewer)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I never trusted the fat faced bastard.

He came, he promised, he failed.

You forget he isn't a majority shareholder. He was here to run the club but that's pretty much impossible when the owners sell your best players. They keep saying SISU are in for the long run but what's the point if you keep losing you best players.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just spotted Dhinsa coming out of Ladbrookes with a slip with Cov to get relagated maybe he's put £3 million on it then take us over

Disorganised1

I won't mince my words - the problem is the board - they're loin to us.

RR leaving shows how much turmoil is going on in the backroom. Obviously the club is struggling financially but i think the King deal to Cardiff was the final nail in the coffin.

SkyBlueScottie

Ranson takeover wiped out debts

_44396558_coventry_203.gif
Coventry City narrowly avoided administration in 2007

Coventry City had debts of around £33m by May 2007 before the takeover by Ray Ranson and Sisu wiped most of them out.
The latest published accounts also show the club costs were rising and that the Sky Blues had made a £2.8m loss in the financial year.
The deficit came despite making a £4m profit on the sale of players like Gary McSheffrey to Birmingham City.
City avoided going into administration by a matter of minutes last December by accepting Sisu's takeover terms.
Staff costs rose from under £6m to over £8m, while match receipts fell slightly to £5.3m, but this was offset by a slight increase from other commercial avenues including television money.
The then directors Mike McGinnity, Sir Derek Higgs and Geoffrey Robinson were owed £2m, while Robinson and his Craigavon company were owed a further £11m.
The report confirms that most of those debts were written off in the takeover which also saw Ranson become the new Coventry chairman

it would be so interesting to know the actual facts, because looking at that and taking it at face value, along with investment made by Sisu, we should actually not be in that bad shape!

Users who are viewing this thread