Reform A new CCFC in Coventry or follow CCFC out of Coventry (1 Viewer)

Stay or go

• Total voters
Stay in Coventry City and start again

Go away from Coventry and continue

coop

if the golden share is in admin can hoff & co start a new team playing at ricoh using that golden share? just a thought

SkyBlueHomer

Difficult one. Assuming we left & a new ccfc was setup how many would turn their back on them if the original ccfc returned within a year or so

bigfatronssba

In that stark choice I would choose the reformed club.

skybluelee

But any ccfc move outside can only be temporary so i will chose c) follow the original ccfc from afar until they move back to coventry.

Noggin

But if you had to choose?

Neither, and I won't have to choose, I don't think either option is at all viable and so if one of them happens the club I love will be dead and i'll support a different Coventry team with my time, money, energy and passion. I've been an enjoyed being a season ticket holder at the Blaze and a long time ago at Coventry Rugby club and I'm sure one of those or the bees would get my money.

wingy

Neither, and I won't have to choose, I don't think either option is at all viable and so if one of them happens the club I love will be dead and i'll support a different Coventry team with my time, money, energy and passion. I've been an enjoyed being a season ticket holder at the Blaze and a long time ago at Coventry Rugby club and I'm sure one of those or the bees would get my money.
Nota bad point Noggin ,all the other propietors within the city must be looking forward to the prospect of a windfall an increase in support would bring to sporting ventures within the City that Precedes their teams names .:thinking about:

bigfatronssba

Saturday night at the Blaze, couple of beers while watching the game, few more in Crosbys after, then take a walk down to the Windmill, or wasting a fortune in petrol to go and watch Sisu Fc in some shithole stadium with no affinity to Coventry.

No brainer really.

Nonleagueherewecome

The answer isn't as simple as an either/or.

It's not difficult...forget all the flim-flam, focus on the hypothetical question in isolation. Don't think about it too hard, just go with your gut reaction. If 32 other people have managed to answer it, I'm sure you can!

NorthernWisdom

Yes it is. Would you follow a Coventry City side playing outside of Coventry. There; it's not a difficult question is it?

it really isn't.

It's this desire to put fans into cozy little boxes that sets them in opposition to each other, makes for a bloody awful atmosphere around here, puts people right off supporting the team when they have to read the sly digs, pathetic innuendo and the desire to be right, as if there is a right in all this!

I don't have to be a SISU rent boy, an ACL lover, I can just be a fan of the club.

Equally there are certain events that would see me follow the club outside of Coventry, certain events that wouldn't. likewise with a new club.

But no, let's try and put people in boxes, tick them as SISU insiders coming here to spoil the fun of the righteous fan who fights the good fight.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's not as simple as an either/or.

OK pretend someone has a gun to your head and is telling you decide one way or another or they'll blow you away!

Nonleagueherewecome

it really isn't.

It's this desire to put fans into cozy little boxes that sets them in opposition to each other, makes for a bloody awful atmosphere around here, puts people right off supporting the team when they have to read the sly digs, pathetic innuendo and the desire to be right, as if there is a right in all this!

I don't have to be a SISU rent boy, an ACL lover, I can just be a fan of the club.

Equally there are certain events that would see me follow the club outside of Coventry, certain events that wouldn't. likewise with a new club.

But no, let's try and put people in boxes, tick them as SISU insiders coming here to spoil the fun of the righteous fan who fights the good fight.

Jesus get down off your cross, it's a forum, where people express their views. This is a simple poll. That's all.

Nonleagueherewecome

NorthernWisdom

Jesus get down off your cross, it's a forum, where people express their views. This is a simple poll. That's all.

So what was that if not a view? It appears a view of 'it's not as simple as an either/or' is not allowed, nor is a response as to why it's my view. I should instead sit here and be insulted by random pseudonyms on a message board and agree that yes, it is as simple as an either/or! It's not me who decided that view wasn't good enough and needed arguing about!

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

So what was that if not a view? It appears a view of 'it's not as simple as an either/or' is not allowed, nor is a response as to why it's my view. I should instead sit here and be insulted by random pseudonyms on a message board and agree that yes, it is as simple as an either/or! It's not me who decided that view wasn't good enough and needed arguing about!

In THIS poll, it is that simple-those are the only options available. So if you HAD to choose one, which would you choose? If you can't decide, don't. It's not compulsory. If you feel that strongly about a poll with more options, you can always post one!

stupot07

it really isn't.

Completely agree....at the moment I'm in the neither camp.

Nonleagueherewecome

And that's what I did, I posted my view that it's not as simple as an either/or.

Thank you for telling me what I can and can't do.

OK fair enough. But if you are going to whinge like a little girl about it, expect people who don't have such an issue with a simple poll to argue with you ;)

NorthernWisdom

OK fair enough. But if you are going to whinge like a little girl about it, expect people who don't have such an issue with a simple poll to argue with you ;)

I wasn't whinging like a little girl, I simply stated my view that it wasn't as simple as an either/or, and got jumped on for reasons best known to themselves!.

How else would you like me to tell you my view on a message board for views? Smoke signals? A silent film with a soundtrack by Tangerine Dream? A burlesque show starring Joy Seppala where her nipple tassles contain sparklers that spell out the letters in the night sky?

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Criticising people who don't fall into line? That's not what you expect from Sky Blues Talk.

andy_scates

Without question I would follow the current club. That's who I grew up supporting, it's who I follow around the country, it's who I have great memories of days and nights out from. CCFC is in my blood, not AFCCC or CCAFC. Coventry City Football Club through and through no matter what happens. If we go liquidised so be it, I won't follow a team

singers_pore

I chose "Continue and leave Coventry" on the basis that:

1. It would only be temporary
2. The huge loss of revenue would likely see the exit of SISU from our club
3. To do otherwise would mean losing all the club history, 1967, 1987, etc. and identity which is irreplaceable

bigfatronssba

Think its safe to say that if they do move it will break the club's lowest attendance record of 2,059 set in 1928.

Users who are viewing this thread