Reform A new CCFC in Coventry or follow CCFC out of Coventry (1 Viewer)

Stay or go

• Total voters

ajsccfc

You're missing my point .

sorry about that , I shall embark on a misguided rant while sporting an erection

Incidentally, your poll isn't a problem. It's the insistence that YOU MUST ANSWER ONE OR THE OTHER OR YOU DON'T KNOW HOW WORDS WORK. Surely such a poll is primarily meant to invoke some kind of discussion rather than just to see that one number is higher than another? I mean, if Coventry hypothetically left the city forever, I wouldn't follow them, nor would I support some new startup club. I'd just lose interest.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Just voted to stay in Cov and start again, up the road in Treacle Town they went from Nuneaton Borough to Nuneaton town, looks and feels like the same club, ie no real loss of identity. its 12 years since the big relegation and we have been drifted backwards ever since, the weight of the debt is drowning the club. There is a risk of 2 clubs dividing support but I fear SISU will just continue to drag us down.

stupot07

Just voted to stay in Cov and start again, up the road in Treacle Town they went from Nuneaton Borough to Nuneaton town, looks and feels like the same club, ie no real loss of identity. its 12 years since the big relegation and we have been drifted backwards ever since, the weight of the debt is drowning the club. There is a risk of 2 clubs dividing support but I fear SISU will just continue to drag us down.

The nuneaton town scenario is different from our currently plight and similar to the rangers newco. It is the same club just under a different business.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Between a rock and a hard place on this one-leaving Coventry is unthinkable and starting a new club in competition with the current one just as so.

Tonylinc

But the "currant one" will not be CCFC if moved away from Civentry will it? It will be Walsall reserves or someone elses reserve team IT WILL NO LONGER BE COVENTRY CITY.

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't think many people really understand what "starting again" would actually mean

I do, I follow non-league football in detail and have written for an AFC Wimbledon fan-site in the past. It'd be worth it if it comes to it. The new Wimbledon are in essence the old Wimbledon re-born. Just ask any of their fans.

mark82

I do, I follow non-league football in detail and have written for an AFC Wimbledon fan-site in the past. It'd be worth it if it comes to it. The new Wimbledon are in essence the old Wimbledon re-born. Just ask any of their fans.

And that is the model that should be followed. There are also examples such as FC United who were formed in protest at the clubs sale to the Glazers.

To be honest I find non-league football more fun these days. Everyone is playing because they want to, not because they are being paid millions. Reminds me of how football used to be to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread