Reid's Loan Expires on the 6th (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Expires on Saturday with Colchester and haven't heard anything as yet about an extension, could we theoretically get them to keep him and pay him off to get him off our wage bill?

Hobo

Yes you can pay any players contract off, but where is the saving? Unless that is part of the contract cancellation agreed by the player.

Terry Gibson's perm

He needs to grow up and come back and play to earn himself a contract elsewhere next year. If we hadn’t had him here we would be saying sign him as he has loads of pace

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
I remember when signed it was said that we are paying him a decent whack for League 1, I am not sure if Colchester would have taken all of his wages on or a percentage in League 2 either so if he was costing us anything at all it would be much better to just let him go early.

I think if he was on his game though he would do quite well for us while we have injuries and bring a bit of pace, if he clearly has no interest in being here and no desire at all there's no point.

Nick

Administrator
He needs to grow up and come back and play to earn himself a contract elsewhere next year. If we hadn’t had him here we would be saying sign him as he has loads of pace

That's the thing, he will want a club for next season and will have to impress other clubs. (unless he has something agreed with Colchester).

Terry Gibson's perm

If he wants to go he should go with no pay off and with the agreement that he doesn’t play against us

Nick

Administrator
If he wants to go he should go with no pay off and with the agreement that he doesn’t play against us

Never as easy as that, we could have got rid of the likes of Bell if so. If Reid is on decent money with us he will happily go on loan to a team closer to a home and still get the money but reap the benefits.

I agree though, the minute they start acting up it should be breach of contract and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Terry Gibson's perm

Never as easy as that, we could have got rid of the likes of Bell if so. If Reid is on decent money with us he will happily go on loan to a team closer to a home and still get the money but reap the benefits.

I agree though, the minute they start acting up it should be breach of contract and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The shame is he would rather sit and rot here and maybe get forgotten about for next season than make a move which could get him another couple of years deal.

Saying all this if he wants to come back and try I would put him straight back in the side

Nick

Administrator
Yep, he would fill a gap on in the midfield. One of his best abilities was taking the pressure off us by just running with the ball and getting it away from our box.

Would have thought if it was being extended it would have been agreed and announced by now.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep, he would fill a gap on in the midfield. One of his best abilities was taking the pressure off us by just running with the ball and getting it away from our box.

Would have thought if it was being extended it would have been agreed and announced by now.

Yeh same as Nazon, maybe Nazon out Reid in I would guess wages would be around the same ( this is a guess I don’t know anybody who works at the club or has seen their wage slips)

Captain Dart

fernandopartridge

Bloke had a new car, still don't see a massive issue with that.

Sordell had a Maserati.
Sordell has generally played at a higher level and been involved in a relatively big transfer. Reid is a lower league plodder. That said, loads of people drive 'prestigious' motors on a fairly average wage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Sordell had a Maserati.

Stuart Pearce had a Ford Capri, how times have changed.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
Sordell has generally played at a higher level and been involved in a relatively big transfer. Reid is a lower league plodder. That said, loads of people drive 'prestigious' motors on a fairly average wage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Camwell has a sporty A Class Merc at 19 and I think Jones has one as well. They seem to be the new car to have, you see so many people in them now (not just footballers) where you know they aren't on massive wages.

Even if Reid was on £1k a week, a £40k car isn't outrageous for him to buy.

Terry Gibson's perm

One of my friend lived next door to Dean West ex of Burnley he drove a Nissan car when a player and all of the players took the piss but he was using his money to buy houses I think he smiles more than most of them now

Brighton Sky Blue

Considering how short on the ground we are especially in the attacking department it wouldn't hurt to give him the chance to redeem himself. Contract is up in the summer so provides a bit of incentive for him to give a shit.

Captain Dart

Sordell had a Maserati.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of conspicuous consumption to be fair.

CJ_covblaze

He is at the end of his contract tis summer isn't he so he has to get a new contract, remember this...
Coventry City's Kyel Reid's Mercedes tweet causes online storm
talk about overpaid!

Hope we can get rid of him, because I'll wager no L2 club is playing all his contracted salary.

I’m not a Reid fan at all but I didn’t really see the issue with that tbh. It’s not like it’s that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Seen players in a lower league than we’re in now with a better car. Plus why did he include the dealer in that tweet? The chances are he got it discounted.

johnwillomagic

Only just got back in their team cannot see Colchester extending his deal. With our injuries to "wingers", Nazon probably going back.
I think would take him back for second half of season assuming we cannot flog him elsewhere we may as well use him especially given
current squad situation with injuries.

steve cooper

I would bring him back and put him straight into the team. Call his bluff, he has ability higher than L2, and if he deliberately doesn't try because he doesn't want to play for us, or if he sits it out through injuries he will most likely be unemployed next season.

Otis

Only just got back in their team cannot see Colchester extending his deal. With our injuries to "wingers", Nazon probably going back.
I think would take him back for second half of season assuming we cannot flog him elsewhere we may as well use him especially given
current squad situation with injuries.
If he does come back, considering he only plays well every 7th game I would only pick him every 7th game.

steve cooper

If he does come back, considering he only plays well every 7th game I would only pick him every 7th game.
If we make the playoffs and reach the final he will most likely give us a checkatrade level performance. Could be worth it just for that

Fergusons_Beard

Surely we look a better proposition now in 3rd than at the start of the season.

If I was Reid or MR that would be the first place to start. Come back and play your part in our promotion & earn yourself a contract!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pusbccfc

I watched the Checkatrade final dvd yesterday
The Reid that played that day would be welcome back
But I suspect he's happy where he is

I would agree with this, but I couldn't tell which player was Reid on the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread