Reid's Loan Expires on the 6th (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Its nuts. Imagine if you went in to the office tomorrow and announced you were refusing to work. How long would you last before the sack?
All about the union, you would get a pay rise and less hours for your trouble

torchomatic

Its nuts. Imagine if you went in to the office tomorrow and announced you were refusing to work. How long would you last before the sack?

Unless you're a government minister, of course.

Esoterica

I missed what he did in the summer that got everyone's backs up so much? Where did the refusing to play bit come from?

SkyBlueCRJ

I missed what he did in the summer that got everyone's backs up so much? Where did the refusing to play bit come from?

He claimed he had a clause in his contract that entitled him to leave if we got relegated - turned out to be a lie
Then claimed he had a "gentleman's agreement" with Robins where both parties had agreed he could leave if we got relegated.
Turned out to be a..........well I think you can guess the answer

Nick

Administrator
Think it was with Mowbray wasn't it when he signed? So then Mowbray went and Robins came in.

SkyBlueCRJ

Think it was with Mowbray wasn't it when he signed? So then Mowbray went and Robins came in.

Well he claimed he had a "get out" agreement with the club - no manager was actually specified or when it was agreed and as it obviously wasn't contractually verified. Considering we had 4 managers come through Ryton's gates though it could've been agreed with Micky Mouse for all we know.

Terry Gibson's perm

It won’t have just been a get out as the club would have loved him to clear off for nothing he probably wanted us to pay him off as well

hutch1972

Yep, he would fill a gap on in the midfield. One of his best abilities was taking the pressure off us by just running with the ball and getting it away from our box.

Would have thought if it was being extended it would have been agreed and announced by now.
I agree , it has been evident since Jones has been out that teams can play a higher line safe in the knowledge we haven't got the pace to break quickly.

better days

I'm being lazy by not trawling old news , but what actually was the issue for him leaving on loan ?
I believe he fell out with MR pre season and in the absence of any offers to buy him he went off on loan
He's back here now and if he has any sense he will make his peace and work like a dog to win back goodwill with fans, team mates and the manager

covcity4life

This Kyel Reid we're talking about, so I am guessing back in half-hearted training.

you also guessed robins wanted duckens out despite him saying he rang him and it was his decision to go so i think you should stop making assumptions about how people train or if they are really injured or not.

Otis

you also guessed robins wanted duckens out despite him saying he rang him and it was his decision to go so i think you should stop making assumptions about how people train or if they are really injured or not.
Twas a joke.

Otis

i know but you do seem to jump on players over rumours and then use it as a stick to beat them with non stop
Haven't jumped over Reid because of rumours. He is the one player I have always had problems with.

I would have always wanted Nazon in, or around the first team. Reid I could see just wasn't putting the effort in unless it suited him. He would go 5,6 or 7 games without displaying any of the skills or effort he was able to, but then would suddenly play an absolute blinder.

That was all based on my opinion with Reid and not rumour.

I also recall in the Checkatrade Trophy one of the commentary team (can't remember which ex player it was now) say that he had seen Reid play for years and had never seen him put in an effort like that before.

For me, he always just turned it on when he wanted to.

He's the only player I truly don't want anywhere near our club.

I would have been very happy if Nazon had stayed.

Covstu

I agree with most, we don't want players that can cause rifts in the squad, get him gone which could result in us filling that space with someone who wants to play for us. Ironically I think he could actually do a job but certainly not with that attitude.

Otis

I agree with most, we don't want players that can cause rifts in the squad, get him gone which could result in us filling that space with someone who wants to play for us. Ironically I think he could actually do a job but certainly not with that attitude.
He definitely has the skill set. He is strong, has pace and can beat players easily.

It's like the old Strachan saying 'From world beater to carpet beater.'

Covstu

He definitely has the skill set. He is strong, has pace and can beat players easily.

It's like the old Strachan saying 'From world beater to carpet beater.'
agree but I don't think we want to deal with players who are at conflict with the manager despite who is right/wrong!

SkyBlueCRJ

To be honest I'm surprised, given his average time at Colchester, he hasn't come crawling back apologising to Robins.

ccfcway

In my part of the world, there is a technical name for that, its called the Northern Ireland Assembly

covcity4life

if he decided hes happy to turn it on for 4 months so he can win promotion i would be happy to play him as he could cause havoc for opposition in this current formation and gives us backup to shipley,maguire drew and dke

but if MR still wants him gone i really hope he finds another team

RoboCCFC90

Kyel Reid is back with us, I just saw his car as I was passing through Ryton village :)

no_loyalty

We might as well keep Reid, he could be useful in the big cup games :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread