Reid's Loan Expires on the 6th (2 Viewers)

Otis

Last chance saloon?

Reid already drank in the last chance saloon.

Reid drank one too many in the last chance saloon, got kicked out of the last chance saloon and was then barred. The last chance saloon then went of business, was burned down and demolished and another saloon was built in its place called the Saloon of No Return...

And Reid was barred from that too.

Otis

giphy.gif

coop

He wants paying off so he can go and sign for someone else if he isn't willing to try his best for the first team stick the greedy twat in the under 23s for the rest of the season.

Otis

He wants paying off so he can go and sign for someone else if he isn't willing to try his best for the first team stick the greedy twat in the under 23s for the rest of the season.
Well yep, if he's not prepared to drop to non-league, all we can do is stick him in the U23's and see if he's at all interested in playing for us, or if he will be just going through the motions.

SlowerThanPlatt

If he wants a way back at Cov, he should ask Robins/Farndon if he can play in the 23s like Beavon did. Like any other player, if he plays well and stands out there he will get himself in the managers plans (if he's also working hard in training, of course)

Astute

I agree with most of what has been said.

But if I was the manager I would tell him that we need him for the promotion push. Offer him a contract on better terms if we get promoted. We all k ow he has the ability. He just needs to put the effort in.

Then when we get promoted tell him to fook off.

SlowerThanPlatt

If he comes back after loan surely Robins can assess him like all other players.
He is obviously a player who needs to be managed, he has the skills for this league so I would persist.
If his attitude is wrong then surely he can be reprimanded or sacked for not doing his job.

He come back from his loan 3 weeks ago

stevefloyd

When he is interested he is a decent player but obviously he don't see eye to eye with Robins but if he has an ounce of common sense he should be putting himself in the shop window and giving his all... mind you half the players are as thick as pig shit and don't know how lucky they are

SkyBlueCRJ

When he is interested he is a decent player but obviously he don't see eye to eye with Robins but if he has an ounce of common sense he should be putting himself in the shop window and giving his all... mind you half the players are as thick as pig shit and don't know how lucky they are

This is my thinking. He's acting like he's a 21 year old prodigy with no care in the world. He's f*cking 30 who probably only has a handful of good years left. Idiot.

stevefloyd

As I say thick as pig shit... he will be out of contract soon and it's his chance to say I am really a decent bloke not a nob

Hobo

His future is in his own hands, he can either get his head down earn his shirt and help with the promotion push or just repeat the mistakes he has made so far.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Apparently Robins has now said Reid wants to work and get himself back in the team. Well he would, wouldn't he, no-on else wants him, so what other choice does he have.

Otis

Apparently Robins has now said Reid wants to work and get himself back in the team. Well he would, wouldn't he, no-on else wants him, so what other choice does he have.
Maybe, just maybe, he IS sincere.

I have been very critical of him, but if he does want to pull his socks up and try his best for the team and applies himself properly then I am sure we'd all be happy.

Astute

This is why I wouldn't be too upset to see him back. He only seems to put the effort in when he wants or needs to. He has a few months to catch the eye and get a contract somewhere. For that he will have to play well. We could do with a player like him on the run in that gives the effort.

But I wouldn't want us to sign him again.

Nick

Administrator
Also have to think about the message it sends out to players like Shipley. They have worked their way into the squad and done well, they will have seen him throw his tantrum and want to leave and it backfire on him. What message would it send out if he comes straight back in?

Hopefully he will need to work for it, some U23 games etc.

Otis

Also have to think about the message it sends out to players like Shipley. They have worked their way into the squad and done well, they will have seen him throw his tantrum and want to leave and it backfire on him. What message would it send out if he comes straight back in?

Hopefully he will need to work for it, some U23 games etc.
Very fair point. Some players have tried really hard and worked really hard too, all but running themselves into the ground.

Doesn't send the right message if these players are discarded for a player who didn't want to play for us at all and couldn't be bothered to put the effort in half the time.

Manchester_sky_blue

As I say thick as pig shit... he will be out of contract soon and it's his chance to say I am really a decent bloke not a nob

A heartfelt apology would do him the power of good right now. Put it on record that he made a mistake, thought he was bigger than the club and that he's sorry and going to do everything in his power to help City get promoted by way of recompense. OK he might just be blowing smoke up our arses until he can get a move away in the summer but the fact is we are the only chance he's got to play for the next few months and he needs to show some willing.

Otis

ooh were close to autos and he says he wants to work hard etc etc...had his chance, goodbye and farewell
Would agree, but looks like we can't just get rid: of him now unless we pay up his contract.

Manchester_sky_blue

ooh were close to autos and he says he wants to work hard etc etc...had his chance, goodbye and farewell
I would agree with that and he certainly shouldn't leap frog the likes of Shipley but at the same time we are paying him for the next few months so he has to be in the mix for selection otherwise we might as well have just paid him off. Stevenson was on the bench fairly regularly so we will need to fill that space with another midfielder and Reid, if he can be arsed, gives us an option.

Nick

Administrator
I would agree with that and he certainly shouldn't leap frog the likes of Shipley but at the same time we are paying him for the next few months so he has to be in the mix for selection otherwise we might as well have just paid him off. Stevenson was on the bench fairly regularly so we will need to fill that space with another midfielder and Reid, if he can be arsed, gives us an option.

Well yeah, he should have to work for it and put a bit extra in compared to everybody else. On his day he probably is better than Shipley to play on the left, however that is 1 day out of 6 or 7 whereas Shipley will run himself into the ground 7 out of 7 games even if he doesn't impact the game as much.

Manchester_sky_blue

Well yeah, he should have to work for it and put a bit extra in compared to everybody else. On his day he probably is better than Shipley to play on the left, however that is 1 day out of 6 or 7 whereas Shipley will run himself into the ground 7 out of 7 games even if he doesn't impact the game as much.

I don't think he should ever start a game for us now unless injuries mean we have no choice and i would much rather Shipley get that game time to kick on and improve. So long as Reid is fit though he should be on the bench i think. As much as anything else he would probably prefer to just sit out his contract getting paid for doing naff all so lets not give him the satisfaction.

Captain Dart

Whatever, he won't get another contract here but he can have a verbal agreement that he can if he works hard.

Grendel

I agree with most of what has been said.

But if I was the manager I would tell him that we need him for the promotion push. Offer him a contract on better terms if we get promoted. We all k ow he has the ability. He just needs to put the effort in.

Then when we get promoted tell him to fook off.

Ability? Most of last season he was totally useless. He’s a brainless footballer who offers nothing. He’s not even quick. Shame his ego didn’t match his ability.

pastythegreat

Would agree, but looks like we can't just get rid: of him now unless we pay up his contract.
So keep him out of the public eye, lessen his chances of impressing anybody else for his move and let him rot. If he's desperate enough he'll walk away saving us paying him!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Why should we pay off his contract? If he wants to leave, then leave! If not, rot here til the summer! We'll pay his wages either way. We pay him off, he's free to leave and collect wages from another club AND he's won. We keep him here rotting and still pay his wages, were no more out of pocket, he doesn't play for 6 months and come the summer he'll be unfit, out of the public eye and undesirable to bring in a player like him. He's made his bed, let him lie in it as far away from our 1st team as possible. Wouldn't even let him clean the U23s boots!

pastythegreat

No bitterness there then
I wouldn't call it bitterness! Maybe hatred, but not bitter!
As far as I see it, he snubbed my club. OUR CLUB, the club that every single last one of us grew up and dreamt of playing for.
The club which he played a hand in relegating to it's lowest point then decided he was too good for MY club. Then, when no other fucker was stupid (or desperate) enough to take him he thought he'd try and worm his way back in.

He can fuck off!

stevefloyd

Not trying to stick up for him but I don't think he has tried to worm himself back in, more likely he has shot himself in the foot and through his unprofessional behaviour he is now trying ...maybe.... to put himself in a shop window because come June he is out of work

lifeskyblue

He’s burnt his bridges in my book. Last season we saw glimpses of what he could do. In the summer he made his decision...no way back in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread