Revenues blah blah blah ! (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

I see posters on here and Sisu bleat on about access to revenues and I don't think people are thinking logically ?
In an ideal world we would have our own stadium and access to revenues, that bits easy a no brainer !
How are extra revenues generated ?
Another easy one invest / purchase something that brings in cash !
Have Sisu ever shown the slightest inclination that they are prepared to invest in anything that will generate this extra revenue they crave or ccfc need ?

It seems to me its too easy to use revenue streams in our arguments but the saying is speculate to accumalate !
Nothing is for free in this world....

Nick

Administrator
Can you confirm what you are getting at just so people know how to reply?

I can guarantee somebody will ask something and be labelled a SISU lover or something along those lines.

So is the thread just for rants only?

sky blue john

Hi nick,
Just trying to get people to think and realise what actually has to happen for the club to gain extra revenue streams. And do they think it will ever happen ?

Nick

Administrator
Hi nick,
Just trying to get people to think and realise what actually has to happen for the club to gain extra revenue streams. And do they think it will ever happen ?

Easiest option is all city fans getting down to the Ricoh as much as possible next season to help with revenue.

fernandopartridge

I see posters on here and Sisu bleat on about access to revenues and I don't think people are thinking logically ?
In an ideal world we would have our own stadium and access to revenues, that bits easy a no brainer !
Have Sisu ever shown the slightest inclination that they are prepared to invest in anything that will generate this extra revenue they crave or ccfc need ?

It seems to me its too easy to use revenue streams in our arguments but the saying is speculate to accumalate !

Crawl back under your stone you tedious cretin

mark82

They wanted to buy the freehold I believe so that it would allow them to develop on the surrounding land. They obviously didn't offer a price that was agreeable to CCC, and that's when this silliness & underhand tactics (from both sides) all started.

eastwoodsdustman

We could get people to pump in about £40 mill and buy instant success .... Oh hang on a minute, we tried that and it didn't work. Hence why we are a league 1 club trying to cut our cloth accordingly and get some success without taking chances on finances.

fernandopartridge

They were quoted £24m at one stage to buy the revenue streams. Today, the best they can do is pay Wasps for a greater share of the 30% of the F&B revenue generated, it would end up a zero sum I suspect.
That said, possibly arguable that they have limited revenue elsewhere (the drive to cut expenditure trumps all it seems), stripped the club back to a holding company to employ players but contract everything else out as it is the easiest way to control expenditure.

Now, crawl back under your stone.

Samo

Can you confirm what you are getting at just so people know how to reply?

I can guarantee somebody will ask something and be labelled a SISU lover or something along those lines.

So is the thread just for rants only?

I think what he's getting at is there are thousands of different businesses that SISU could get the club involved in that would bring in a dollar. Trouble is, even that would require investment.

Sky Blue Kid

Easiest option is all city fans getting down to the Ricoh as much as possible next season to help with revenue.
Another post you haven't read properly... SBJ said, quite rightly...
"It seems to me its too easy to use revenue streams in our arguments but the saying is speculate to accumalate !
Nothing is for free in this world"....

stupot07

I think what he's getting at is there are thousands of different businesses that SISU could get the club involved in that would bring in a dollar. Trouble is, even that would require investment.
Yeah what's to stop them setting up a used car sales company.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

According to bis.gov figures 20% of new businesses go under during the first 12 months. Then that rises to 50% within the first 3 years. And of course that's just the ones that cease to exist, there will be others making a loss or just about breaking even.

Doesn't seem a great route to extra revenue. Who is covering any losses, the owners or the football club?

Nick

Administrator
Another post you haven't read properly... SBJ said, quite rightly...
"It seems to me its too easy to use revenue streams in our arguments but the saying is speculate to accumalate !
Nothing is for free in this world"....
Like putting 750k in?

Doesn't make it any clearer

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I have some sympathy with the direction of the OP.

As a marketing exercise CCFC has been pretty poor. There were things that could have been done but

- some got lost in not giving ACL/Wasps a penny more
- there was never the finance made available
- there is simply not enough staff
- the communication from the club was poor

The club does repeatedly go on about we should be given more, often fans think it is the clubs right. Sorry but in the real world right to income costs something be it money, time, effort, partnership, commitment etc. CCFC for various reasons has not been very creative in solving the problem generally and at least publically it has been more about demand and confrontation

As for investing £40m then (a) the accounts do not show that much and (b) I don't call propping up a company because it over spent investing

Last edited:

theferret

I understand the general thrust of the OP. An obvious one is property. It's a pretty safe bet. You buy an apartment block, channel rent revenues to the club and the asset itself would/should rise in value at the same time. Relatively low risk investment that could generate cash flow (relatively modest for a potentially large commitment - but it's pretty safe). I am sure other clubs have invested in property for this reason.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Fully get what you're saying. hence ,why i think in five years time , we'll either be non league or finished as a club. if people think giving sisu more revenue to waste, is the way forward - well .

Nick

Administrator
Fully get what you're saying. hence ,why i think in five years time , we'll either be non league or finished as a club. if people think giving sisu more revenue to waste, is the way forward - well .
You don't have much confidence in Mowbray then?

People probably think supporting their club is the way forward.

We won't be finished or non league, I'm still waiting for that Nuneaton away fixture at the ricoh.

Genuine question, what revenue is wasted?

ccfc92

You don't have much confidence in Mowbray then?

People probably think supporting their club is the way forward.

We won't be finished or non league, I'm still waiting for that Nuneaton away fixture at the ricoh.

Genuine question, what revenue is wasted?

We've been told we can't compete in the championship, so what has confidence with Mowbray got to do with anything?

Nick

Administrator
Because of revenues being wasted... Isn't he using a huge chunk of revenues?

Unless there's other ways ccfc revenue is being wasted, it all goes on wages and running the club doesnt it?

Again, ironic somebody refusing to go and buying fake shirts moaning about revenue

What revenue is wasted?

Last edited:

ccfc92

Because of revenues being wasted... Isn't he using a huge chunk of revenues?

Unless there's other ways ccfc revenue is being wasted, it all goes on wages and running the club doesnt it?

Again, ironic somebody refusing to go and buying fake shirts moaning about revenue

Would we be better off yo-yoing between L1 and the championship? Or consolidating in L1?

torchomatic

Are we the only set of fans in the league who don't want our team to get extra income?

ccfc92

What's that got to do with revenue being wasted?

Well surely if we spent x amount to get promoted, and we got relegated immediately, would we be better off doing that?

If not, surely that would be wasting revenues?

Did the site crash?

Nick

Administrator
Well surely if we spent x amount to get promoted, and we got relegated immediately, would we be better off doing that?

Did the site crash?

So you are saying we are wasting revenue by trying to get promoted? I don't understand?

Why shouldn't fans be going to games and what is the revenue being wasted on?

stupot07

Did the site crash?

Would we? it depends how much you spend, how much the wage bill and other costs increased and then the wage bill and costs remaining following relegation.

ccfc92

So you are saying we are wasting revenue by trying to get promoted? I don't understand?

Well if we got promoted (that will cost money), then sign players on championship wages, then get relegated and still have to pay these contracts/ pay them off, surely we would be in a worse financial position that we are at the minute?

Nick

Administrator
Well if we got promoted (that will cost money), then sign players on championship wages, then get relegated and still have to pay these contracts/ pay them off, surely we would be in a worse financial position that we are at the minute?

So we shouldn't go to games and give SISU revenue because they are trying to get us promoted, then we will come down and be in a bad situation?

Am I understanding that right?

where does the wasting revenue coming into it?

ccfc92

Would we? it depends how much you spend, how much the wage bill and other costs increased and then the wage bill and costs remaining following relegation.

That's what I mean. Would going up, then back down be better for the club than staying in L1, or worse?

You did post on the other thread about turnover etc, but the link is missing for losses. But I agree, we'd have to spend to stay in the championship.

Nick

Administrator
That's what I mean. Would going up, then back down be better for the club than staying in L1, or worse?

You did post on the other thread about turnover etc, but the link is missing for losses. But I agree, we'd have to spend to stay in the championship.

But what's the wasting the revenue in that?

ccfc92

So we shouldn't go to games and give SISU revenue because they are trying to get us promoted, then we will come down and be in a bad situation?

Am I understanding that right?

where does the wasting revenue coming into it?

No. Now you're just being silly as usual.

Actually read what I've posted, then you might understand.

Nick

Administrator
No. Now you're just being silly as usual.

Actually read what I've posted, then you might understand.

OK, it was said about people going to games giving revenue to sisu to waste
I'm asking how is it being wasted?

I said about trusting Mowbray as him and Venus are in charge of a large chunk of revenues, the rest is on other club running costs / staff wages.

You are saying about being promoted etc when I ask about why it is being wasted?

I also like how I'm the silly one after Bob's comments about people giving Revenue. A grown bloke in a fake football shirt being angry about investment after moaning about people giving the club revenue...

Last edited:

ccfc92

OK, it was said about people going to games giving revenue to sisu to waste
I'm asking how is it being wasted?

I said about trusting Mowbray as him and Venus are in charge of a large chunk of revenues, the rest is on other club running costs / staff wages.

Right?

And I'm saying, would the revenues spent on getting promoted be better off spent on consolidating our position in L1, or the academy, paying for a share of the Ricoh/BPA or whatever?

Or is it worth "wasting" the revenues going up to come back down?

What would benefit the club more? A promotion and relegation or staying in the top half of L1?

Nick

Administrator
Right?

And I'm saying, would the revenues spent on getting promoted be better off spent on consolidating our position in L1, or the academy, paying for a share of the Ricoh/BPA or whatever?

Or is it worth "wasting" the revenues going up to come back down?

What would benefit the club more? A promotion and relegation or staying in the top half of L1?

So you are saying that the revenue is being wasted by trying to get promotion then? That's certainly how it is reading.

That's a new one, and pretty fucking stupid as well in some sort of way to have a go at the owners. Fucking bastards wasting the revenue by trying for promotion. NOPM NOPM

I guess they can't really win either way can they?

Users who are viewing this thread