Revenues blah blah blah ! (2 Viewers)

sky blue john

Are we the only set of fans in the league who don't want our team to get extra income?

There is nothing wrong with wanting extra revenue for our club, but lets not kid ourselves it will happen.
Extra revenue requires investment which is not likely.
To gain extra revenue the clubs owners tactics is to de-value or demand for free.
I haven't got a problem with the owners not putting any more money in and the budget reflecting this.
What i do have a problem with is the owners constantly saying in statements and newspaper articles whinging that we need extra revenue streams, but have not been prepared to do anything about it.

torchomatic

So you are saying that the revenue is being wasted by trying to get promotion then? That's certainly how it is reading.

That's a new one, and pretty fucking stupid as well in some sort of way to have a go at the owners. Fucking bastards wasting the revenue by trying for promotion. NOPM NOPM

Amazing, isn't it? Just when you think our fans couldn't stoop any lower. I bet some of them are wetting themselves in anticipation of Mowbray going.

ccfc92

So you are saying that the revenue is being wasted by trying to get promotion then? That's certainly how it is reading.

That's a new one, and pretty fucking stupid as well in some sort of way to have a go at the owners. Fucking bastards wasting the revenue by trying for promotion. NOPM NOPM

As usual, you are being silly. Where have I mentioned NOPM etc?

It's already been decided that we can't compete in the Championship due to our lack of income. So would we be better building the club's foundations again (Academy, Stadium etc) whilst in L1, or yo-yoing between L1 and Championship? It's quite a simple question, Nick.

torchomatic

What i do have a problem with is the owners constantly saying in statements and newspaper articles whinging that we need extra revenue streams, but have not been prepared to do anything about it.

OK, so tell what they can do about it? We can't get any income from the Ricoh. We can only get extra income from ticket sales and selling players. You're going to moan at both of those. So you tell me what they can do. You must have some idea or you wouldn't have started the thread.

chiefdave

Would we be better off yo-yoing between L1 and the championship? Or consolidating in L1?

I think the danger with that is you become used to it and gradually crowds drop. Every relegation sees more walk away but each promotion sees a smaller and smaller increase and people think we'll just go straight back down again.

How many times does that has to happen before we're not getting some of the biggest crowds in L1 and dropping further and further.

Nick

Administrator
As usual, you are being silly. Where have I mentioned NOPM etc?

It's already been decided that we can't compete in the Championship due to our lack of income. So would we be better building the club's foundations again (Academy, Stadium etc) whilst in L1, or yo-yoing between L1 and Championship? It's quite a simple question, Nick.

So how is our revenue being wasted?

You are the one trying to talk about something unrelated.

ccfc92

Amazing, isn't it? Just when you think our fans couldn't stoop any lower. I bet some of them are wetting themselves in anticipation of Mowbray going.

Maybe if you and Nick actually read posts properly, you won't need to come wading in with your silly posts.

Where have I said don't get promotion? I said what will benefit the club more? Promotion followed by relegation or being "self sufficient" in L1?

ccfc92

So how is our revenue being wasted?

You are the one trying to talk about something unrelated.

Well surely if over two seasons, we went up, came down and were worse off financially, it would be wasted revenue?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe if you and Nick actually read posts properly, you won't need to come wading in with your silly posts.

Where have I said don't get promotion? I said what will benefit the club more? Promotion followed by relegation or being "self sufficient" in L1?

So what's that got to do with somebody saying wasting revenues then? Maybe if you didn't start talking in riddles, people would get what you mean.

Or is it worth "wasting" the revenues going up to come back down?

It reads very much like what Im saying, happy to be corrected though.

Nick

Administrator
Well surely if over two seasons, we went up, came down and were worse off financially, it would be wasted revenue?

So the wasted revenue being referred to is promotion attempts?

What point are you trying to make? I dont get it.

All I asked is where is revenue wasted, and you keep going on about promotion, but then when people reply telling them to read it properly.

stupot07

No he's not saying that. Hes saying people keep saying getting into tbr championship is beneficial because it gets more revenue (£5-6m), but obviously that comes with increased cost (average championship wage is x3 league one).

For examole (our current turnover is about £4.5-5m and first team wage bill c£2.5m

Year 1 (league one) So if sisu spend £2m extra trying to get to the championship (let's say £1.5m wages, 500k transfers, so player wage bill £4m) = £2m spent above league one turnover

Year 2 (championship) you've already got that £1.5m in your wage bill, let's say wage bill goes up by 50% (+£2m ), you then invest another £1m wages (£7m wage bill) and maybe another £500k transfers/agents fees = £4m above league one turnover

Year 3 (league one) you can't get everyone off the wage bill, so you're stuck with a slightly higher wage bilk than the promotion season, let's say (£4.5m) =£2.5m above league one turnover

So you've spent (above a normal league one turnover)
Year 1 £2m
Year 2 £4m
Year 3 £2.5m

Total £8.5m

But getting to the championship only brought in £5-6m extra revenue, so effectively you've lost £2.5-3.5m by going for promotion.

So hes asking whether it would be better to consolidate and make us a decent league one team building foundations than go and invest for promotion (nb we're not suggest sisu will invest)

****these are fictional figures used to show was ccfc92 means

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

So what's that got to do with somebody saying wasting revenues then? Maybe if you didn't start talking in riddles, people would get what you mean.

It reads very much like what Im saying, happy to be corrected though.

Well, as usual, you are wrong.

I'll simplify it for you, as we know you struggle with simple questions, like the other day.

Would getting promoted, then immediately getting relegated, put the club in a better financial position?

If yes, then full steam ahead on the promotion!

If no, could the revenue used to gain promotion, be better spent on the academy or building the club's foundations, so we can eventually compete in the Championship?

Hopefully, this simplifies things for you. Remember to actually READ ;)

chiefdave

You would have to go up and then have a squad similar to our relegation season so we weren't losing money. So you'd pretty much be setting yourself up for failure in the Championship. But at least we'd enjoy a season of success!

ccfc92

No he's not saying that. Hes saying people keep saying getting into tbr championship is beneficial because it gets more revenue (£5-6m), but obviously that comes with increased cost (average championship wage is x3 league one).

For examole (our current turnover is about £4.5-5m and first team wage bill c£2.5m

Year 1 (league one) So if sisu spend £2m extra trying to get to the championship (let's say £1.5m wages, 500k transfers, so player wage bill £4m) = £2m spent above league one turnover

Year 2 (championship) you've already got that £1.5m in your wage bill, let's say wage bill goes up by 50% (+£2m ), you then invest another £1m wages (£7m wage bill) and maybe another £500k transfers/agents fees = £4m above league one turnover

Year 3 (league one) you can't get everyone off the wage bill, so you're stuck with a slightly higher wage bilk than the promotion season, let's say (£4.5m) =£2.5m above league one turnover

Year 1 £2m
Year 2 £4m
Year 3 £2.5m

Total £8.5m

But getting to the championship only brought in £5-6m extra revenue, so effectively you've lost £2.5-3.5m by going for promotion.

So hes asking whether it would be better to consolidate and make us a decent league one team building foundations than go and invest for promotion (nb we're not suggest sisu will invest)

Hallelujah! Someone who actually reads posts! :)

torchomatic

letsallsingtogether

Oh, must be just like being on the Hill again calling City fans twats.

Nostalgia, eh?

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

There you go again with your lies about the Hillers but then again don't really expect any less from you.
I suppose the hillers were and never have been City fans Twat.

torchomatic

There you go again with your lies about the Hillers but then again don't really expect any less from you.
I suppose the hillers were and never have been City fans Twat.

Oh sorry, forgot. You didn't do that. I believe ya. Must have been some of the others that were there.

You really should try and curb your language. You can do it by PM if you prefer.

letsallsingtogether

Oh sorry, forgot. You didn't do that. I believe ya. Must have been some of the others that were there.

You really should try and curb your language. You can do it by PM if you prefer.
So come on then educate me.
How many times were fans abused going into the ground and how many times were the ones on the hill abused?
Oh and sorry Mr Superfan I don't come from Warwick my English is local Coventrian.

shmmeee

Easiest option is all city fans getting down to the Ricoh as much as possible next season to help with revenue.

Yeah it's a nice soundbite that, but it's like saying the best business strategy for BHS is just pleading everyone to go there. It's not really a sustainable option as ultimately people will revert to what suits them best.

The concerning thing about a plan to move to a permanently lower capacity stadium is the idea that there is no plan for any level of success in the future.

That's the crux for a lot of people. They see us as hitting a low point before a bounce back, whereas Sisu seem to see us as a sustainable L1 club.

torchomatic

So come on then educate me.
How many times were fans abused going into the ground and how many times were the ones on the hill abused?
Oh and sorry Mr Superfan I don't come from Warwick my English is local Coventrian.
Personally happened to me twice. Both times walking down the hill with my son.

Bloke I used to sit next to at Six fields said it happened to him too a few times.

Seriously now, I'm not saying YOU did it but to deny it ever happened is nonsense. It did.

Nick

Administrator
Well, as usual, you are wrong.

I'll simplify it for you, as we know you struggle with simple questions, like the other day.

Would getting promoted, then immediately getting relegated, put the club in a better financial position?

If yes, then full steam ahead on the promotion!

If no, could the revenue used to gain promotion, be better spent on the academy or building the club's foundations, so we can eventually compete in the Championship?

Hopefully, this simplifies things for you. Remember to actually READ ;)

So what's that got to do with revenue being wasted and me asking how the revenue is wasted?

Bob said the revenue is being wasted, I asked how.

You keep banging on about promotion not being good for us..

letsallsingtogether

As someone who was verbally abused when going into Sixfields when I had my 2 small children with me I think you are talking shit.
Well I am sorry if that happened but I can honestly say I never saw any of that. And as a hiller who was also spat at and called names by a women Then it looks like both sides had their undesirables.

Nick

Administrator

Year 1 £2m
Year 2 £4m
Year 3 £2.5m

Total £8.5m

But I only asked how the revenue is being wasted...

I understand the point about being in a worse place, but how does that link to what Bob was saying?

I wasn't asking about the championship, just how are the revenues being wasted.

Ian1779

Well I am sorry if that happened but I can honestly say I never saw any of that. And as a hiller who was also spat at and called names by a women Then it looks like both sides had their undesirables.

I'm certainly not suggesting you did it at all. It was an undesirable situation, and people on both sides acted inappropriately.

Given the vitriol about the time at Sixfields (which was mostly justified at the owners) I can't comprehend why this was not replicated when Wasps showed up. The level of apathy was overwhelming.

letsallsingtogether

Personally happened to me twice. Both times walking down the hill with my son.

Bloke I used to sit next to at Six fields said it happened to him too a few times.

Seriously now, I'm not saying YOU did it but to deny it ever happened is nonsense. It did.

I can honestly say I never saw it happen when I was there. I know one week there were a couple drinking on the hill and became rawdy.
But then we all have stories about that shit hole.
Shame is you have to keep bringing it up all the time.

ccfc92

But I only asked how the revenue is being wasted...

I understand the point about being in a worse place, but how does that link to what Bob was saying?

I'm not talking about Bob.

Surely you've answered your own question with the bits I've highlighted?

torchomatic

I can honestly say I never saw it happen when I was there. I know one week there were a couple drinking on the hill and became rawdy.
But then we all have stories about that shit hole.
Shame is you have to keep bringing it up all the time.
Well, just a childish reaction to being called a twat. Won't happen again.

Ian1779

I'm not talking about Bob.

Surely you've answered your own question with the bits I've highlighted?

Promotion to the Championship would cause an increase in wages to stay there, but the potential increases in sponsorship, attendances, even prize money (entering FA Cup at Rd 3) will all go towards to 'gap'.

ccfc92

Promotion to the Championship would cause an increase in wages to stay there, but the potential increases in sponsorship, attendances, even prize money (entering FA Cup at Rd 3) will all go towards to 'gap'.

Please read stu's post, if you haven't already.

Or are you saying we would be better off financially going up then coming back down straight away?

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread