Ricoh Arena and Development Land Value ? (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

I am not convinced that a 113 million pound piece of real estate complete with development land is worthless. Especially now there will be a train station making access even easier.
I know Sisu have peddled this idea but realistically what value is it worth upwards of 50million maybe ?

Terry Gibson's perm

It is obviously worthless the way they have chased after it damaging everything in the way to get it.

Grendel

I am not convinced that a 113 million pound piece of real estate complete with development land is worthless. Especially now there will be a train station making access even easier.
I know Sisu have peddled this idea but realistically what value is it worth upwards of 50million maybe ?

The train station will benefit Tescos. The arena with its one event a year is hardly going to be a draw is it?

Can't knock it down either so the value is negative I would think.

Godiva

The stadium and land is not worthless.
ACL - the stadium management company - seem to have a negative asset to liability ratio - if so, the shares of ACL have a value of 0.

Godiva

So Grendel says it has a negative value and Godiva you say it has a positive value. Sorry I'm still confused.

The buildings and land has a positive value.
The stadium management business is virtually bankrupt.

If ACL goes bust the long lease reverts to the council and can be sold to a new management set up - hopefully set up as a company 100% owned by SBS&L.
This is the only way the club will benefit from all activities at the stadium.

Terry Gibson's perm

The train station will benefit Tescos. The arena with its one event a year is hardly going to be a draw is it?

Can't knock it down either so the value is negative I would think.

You missed the word major before event, there are many other events going on there each week and they seem to arrange them very well.

torchomatic

Whoops, corrected your error there.

This thread will not go anywhere.

Sisu/Grendel/RFC/etc will toe the Sisu line while the rest of us will toe the ACL/CCC line.

RegTheDonk

This has made me chuckle.

I live near a train station near to a big Sainsburys. Never once seen a passenger with a bag of shopping. Think most people find it easier to put it all in the boot of the car.

Some firm are going to spend millions building a railway station ... just so Mrs Smith can bring her Tesco shopping home on the train?

Grendel

I live near a train station near to a big Sainsburys. Never once seen a passenger with a bag of shopping. Think most people find it easier to put it all in the boot of the car.

Some firm are going to spend millions building a railway station ... just so Mrs Smith can bring her Tesco shopping home on the train?

What else is it for? Id imagine with the stampede to see Sally or the national spark plug exhibition they would need to have a platform the length of New Street on health and safety grounds.

torchomatic

I'm sure the majority of us do put the shopping in the car. However, who is the train station for? Not football fans - no football. There has been a distinct lack of big concert names there this year too, so who is going to be stopping off at the Ricoh? It has to be for Arena Park, whether you believe that or not.

lewys33

I'm sure the majority of us do put the shopping in the car. However, who is the train station for? Not football fans - no football. There has been a distinct lack of big concert names there this year too, so who is going to be stopping off at the Ricoh? It has to be for Arena Park, whether you believe that or not.

Considering you don't live in Coventry, and CCFC don' play at the Ricoh now - Why the fuck do you care?!

kg82

Considering you don't live in Coventry, and CCFC don' play at the Ricoh now - Why the fuck do you care?!

What the hell has that got to do with it? I don't live in Coventry either, does that mean I can't take an interest as well?

sky blue john

Obviously the station is a year off completion. Would you not think it would be an advantage for the Arena getting future concerts and events ?
Also do you not see it as a benefit if CCFC return in some capacity with part or full ownership ?

Grendel

Obviously the station is a year off completion. Would you not think it would be an advantage for the Arena getting future concerts and events ?
Also do you not see it as a benefit if CCFC return in some capacity with part or full ownership ?

I don't see it as a consideration at all for events.

lewys33

What the hell has that got to do with it? I don't live in Coventry either, does that mean I can't take an interest as well?

No I see your point. I am currently on google searching for ways to hold my eyelids open with a can opener. Has no meaning to me at all, but why can't I take an interest?

kg82

No I see your point. I am currently on google searching for ways to hold my eyelids open with a can opener. Has no meaning to me at all, but why can't I take an interest?

I think that's the point I made. So thanks!

torchomatic

Ah, nothing like a bit of good old fashioned xenophobia.

torchomatic

No one probably, but as you see things in black and white I reckon Tesco will be annoyed that not one single person will get off the train and go into their store. As all people do is a "big shop". I presume then that none of the other retail outlets will benefit. CCFC aren't there so they won't benefit, so why the hell do we (sorry Lewys, you) need a station for. Waste of money.

who does a big shop via the train ?

Sick Boy

Yet again a few on here seemed more concerned about the financial well being of ACL than anything else.

lewys33

Ah, nothing like a bit of good old fashioned xenophobia.

Well, of course you are free to concern yourself about a small train station in an area that is not your own. I just find it a little strange (I dont need to use big words to feel like a big boy) that you are so concerned about it. Would you be concerned if this train station was supporting a shopping centre in Dudley?

Grendel

Yet again a few on here seemed more concerned about the financial well being of ACL than anything else.

Why is this under CCFC threads anyway?

Should we create a CCC/ACL sub forum? Then the likes of John, Jack Italia and the like can spend their days on their jerking off about ACL being a sound business and rejoicing that Sally is back for another year. We will then be free to talk about the club.

lewys33

No one probably, but as you see things in black and white I reckon Tesco will be annoyed that not one single person will get off the train and go into their store. As all people do is a "big shop". I presume then that none of the other retail outlets will benefit. CCFC aren't there so they won't benefit, so why the hell do we (sorry Lewys, you) need a station for. Waste of money.

Why would I need the station? I live 5 minutes away from the Arena shopping park. What a silly comment.

ccfcway

I reckon Tesco are annoyed that 10,000 people don't visit that area every other week now due to no football club as well.

I would hazard a guess that the football fan spend would far outweigh any day trippers on the train to that retail park.

Perhaps Tesco are the mystery backers for the KCIC offer of rent :)

lewys33

Should we create a CCC/ACL sub forum? Then the likes of John, Jack Italia and the like can spend their days on their jerking off about ACL being a sound business and rejoicing that Sally is back for another year. We will then be free to talk about the club.

7b0d7db1293ca47eba970b69be4b02150b5a7e647d3ef952d6447a04d2a09fd0.jpg

torchomatic

Not really. Unless everyone in Coventry also lives five minutes away from Arena Park.

Why would I need the station? I live 5 minutes away from the Arena shopping park. What a silly comment.

italiahorse

... because one day we will be back, every man and his dog knows this.
Don't know when it will be or what league we will be in when these selfish idiots have left.
Don't know when we will be able to afford it if we are liquidated how long it will be, but we will be back.

"I have a dream ........................

torchomatic

Nope, because I haven't followed a football team from Dudley for the last 40 years.

Well, of course you are free to concern yourself about a small train station in an area that is not your own. I just find it a little strange (I dont need to use big words to feel like a big boy) that you are so concerned about it. Would you be concerned if this train station was supporting a shopping centre in Dudley?

italiahorse

Great idea !!
Perhaps we could also have a self indulgence thread where people could just keep bullshitting on how much money they earn, their multi million pound deals, their brilliant telephone skills, how to excel in the process of insulting people who disagree with your views. It would include Grendel and umm, let me think, umm did I say Grendel and ............. I'm sure someone else might come up .. one day.

Users who are viewing this thread